Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he's a lot less robust on the pitch than many would have hoped.

Fair enough, but the post I was replying to was about his injuries.
He also looks plenty robust to me, obviously he looked a little off pace at times but that was to be expected. Still looked plenty strong and quick enough to play and contribute. He could play 90 minute games once his muscle niggles or whatever is up with him is sorted.

Fair enough, but the post I was replying to was about his injuries.

My post wasn't meant to serve as a direct contradiction....

No point anyone getting antsy about any legit injuries.

He also looks plenty robust to me, obviously he looked a little off pace at times but that was to be expected.

Still looked plenty strong and quick enough to play and contribute.

This is where I disagree..

Just seems like he relies on technical ability to hold players off.... He hasn't appeared to use his physical attributes to me and at times was easily disposessed by smaller players.

He could play 90 minute games once his muscle niggles or whatever is up with him is sorted.

....You'd hope so. :yikes:

IMO ppl are overreacting in regards to his fitness, yes it's frustrating that he's injured just when he's arrived, but I don't see that he's had injury problems in the past in France. Players get injured and miss games, it just happens. Plenty of players in our squad already have been more injured this season than Ndombele, it's ridiculous to have seen him suffer 2 or 3 minor injuries and conclude he's glass especially when he hasn't had issues before. He's impressed me every time he's stepped on the pitch this season and I think he's going to be a key member of squad years to come. He's already had a healthy run of games in September~November.
he didn't have injury problems but he's known for his poor discipline, weight issues and overall dedication. that's why Auxerre, Cane and Angers didn't sign him despite impressing at his trials there.

Very talented player but if he mentally can't handle it or dedicate his life 100% to football, I don't think Mou will turn around on him. He demands 100%.

Any news on when he might be back??

We take a look at the latest injury news for Tottenham as Jose Mourinho's side prepare for the Premier League clash against Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday

Tanguy Ndombele
Has struggled with injuries so far this season, after joining in the summer. The midfielder lasted just 25 minutes of the match against Southampton before being substituted.

The club have since confirmed that the Frenchman suffered a hip injury during the game that kept him out of the FA Cup clash.

Following the Southampton match, Mourinho spoke of the player's injury record this season.
"He is always injured. He’s injured, he’s not injured, he plays one match, next week he’s injured again, he then plays another match…We are full of hopes but this has been since the beginning of the season," he said.

The midfielder was not named in the squad to face Liverpool or Boro.

He didn't have injury problems but he's known for his poor discipline, weight issues and overall dedication. That's why Auxerre, Cane and Angers didn't sign him despite impressing at his trials there.

Very talented player but if he mentally can't handle it or dedicate his life 100% to football, I don't think Mou will turn around on him. He demands 100%.
Let's hope that TN can prove everybody wrong.

We take a look at the latest injury news for Tottenham as Jose Mourinho's side prepare for the Premier League clash against Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday

Tanguy Ndombele
Has struggled with injuries so far this season, after joining in the summer. The midfielder lasted just 25 minutes of the match against Southampton before being substituted.

The club have since confirmed that the Frenchman suffered a hip injury during the game that kept him out of the FA Cup clash.

Following the Southampton match, Mourinho spoke of the player's injury record this season.
"He is always injured. He’s injured, he’s not injured, he plays one match, next week he’s injured again, he then plays another match…We are full of hopes but this has been since the beginning of the season," he said.

The midfielder was not named in the squad to face Liverpool or Boro.

Let's hope that TN can prove everybody wrong.
We all hope that.....it’s not personal just an observation.
Somewhere this season, half the fan base have decided he’s Mekelele though.

Then they are whipping themselves into a frenzy about getting in CMs. Doesn’t make sense.

IMO ppl are overreacting in regards to his fitness, yes it's frustrating that he's injured just when he's arrived, but I don't see that he's had injury problems in the past in France. Players get injured and miss games, it just happens. Plenty of players in our squad already have been more injured this season than Ndombele, it's ridiculous to have seen him suffer 2 or 3 minor injuries and conclude he's glass especially when he hasn't had issues before. He's impressed me every time he's stepped on the pitch this season and I think he's going to be a key member of squad years to come. He's already had a healthy run of games in September~November.

Oh.My.God.
Everywhere I look today I see false facts and pure lies.

I absolutely hope that Ndombele will get over his issues, come back and be the player we all hoped he would become. But that does not give justification for plain lies.

Up to now he hasn't had anything close to "healthy run of games" for us.

What is the longest run of consecutive EPL games where he has played full game / nearly full game (say 75 min or more)??
Answer is 2. TWO GAMES.
Matchday 1&2 - (Villa + ManC) both 90 min
Matchday 6&7 - (Leicester+Soton) 86+78 min.

Since that time he has never played more than one half even in two games in a row.

This cannot be called "healthy run of games" by any strech of imagination. He has been mostly absent due to injuries and fitness issues. In total he has taken part in 40% of minutes we have played EPL this season.

"Ndombele not even coming. Injured and with lots of problems."

"I cannot say that he [Ndombele] is injured because in five minutes we start a training session that you could watch from the stands and he will be training normally.

“So, I cannot say he is injured. I can say that he told me he was not feeling in condition to play the game, not based on injury but on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the start of the season, two, three or four muscular injuries and the feeling of not being ready to start.”

Strange Jose cannot say he’s injured after watching him train normally, but TFC dwellers can say he’s injured after not watching him train.

"I cannot say that he [Ndombele] is injured because in five minutes we start a training session that you could watch from the stands and he will be training normally.

“So, I cannot say he is injured. I can say that he told me he was not feeling in condition to play the game, not based on injury but on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the start of the season, two, three or four muscular injuries and the feeling of not being ready to start.”

Strange Jose cannot say he’s injured after watching him train normally, but TFC dwellers can say he’s injured after not watching him train.

What bit of this did Mourinho and you not understand and feel the need to make him look a cunt for:

he told me he was not feeling in condition to play the game, not based on injury but on fears of previous injuries that he has had since the start of the season, two, three or four muscular injuries and the feeling of not being ready to start.”

The player has told him exactly what the situation is. It is based on injury. He is not "injured" badly enough to stop him doing some training, but is still feeling the effects of prior muscular injuries. I don't really want our manager to be forcing an an asset worth 60m to play when he's clearly telling me he has minor muscular injuries that he's still feeling that could end up becoming more problematic.

So it is based on injury then.
It’s says Not based on injury but fears of previous injuries”

Because you seem a bit thick, I’ll explain the plain English Jose spoke to you:

“NOT based on injury”
He wasn’t injured for this match

“Based on fears of previous injuries”
He was scared to aggravate an old injury

But you was in the meeting so you know more than the manager told us

It’s says Not based on injury but fears of previous injuries”

Because you seem a bit thick, I’ll explain the plain English Jose spoke to you:

“NOT based on injury”
He wasn’t injured for this match

“Based on fears of previous injuries”
He was scared to aggravate an old injury

But you was in the meeting so you know more than the manager told us

I was in the same meeting you were Sammy.

I was in the same meeting you were Sammy.
I wasnt in a meeting, I’m going on the only information we have been given by the manager of the club who Ndombele spoke to.
Direct quotes, which you also posted.

Difference is, that you are saying that no matter what Jose said, you are going to make up your own scenario and just run with that.

Hey it is the internet I suppose, isn’t that what Journalists do anyway.

Back
Top Bottom