Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The issue is why didn’t our £60 million record signing see any action in a crunch match? Their £100 million record signing Pogba played a very pivotal role when he got thrown on off the bench.

I’m sure the manager had his reasons, maybe he wants to rest the lads who started tonight to prevent injury vs West Ham and saw that game a season a better platform for Ndombele to get thrown into.

We know he has class, we know he’s had his issues but ultimately we are one game into our comeback so I’ll reserve judgment on what you’ve highlighted until I see how it pans out as the rest of the season unfolds.

We know he has class, we know he’s had his issues but ultimately we are one game into our comeback so I’ll reserve judgment on what you’ve highlighted until I see how it pans out as the rest of the season unfolds.

And I’ll reserve judgment on the issue of whether he has class. He’s shown precious little class since he rocked up here.

Enters Ndombele thread....

"Something something... Sissoko's shit"

Meh.....:avbnaa:

Really quite dismayed that Ndombele failed to earn himself a start after 3 months of 'get-fit' time.

Ndombele and Skipp in midfield against West Ham please.

Put Lo Celso with them in a 433 and maybe.

Let's not forget both were embarrassingly subbed off at half time in our last league game before today when they both started in midfield against Burnley.

Enters Ndombele thread....

"Something something... Sissoko's shit"

Meh.....:avbnaa:

Really quite dismayed that Ndombele failed to earn himself a start after 3 months of 'get-fit' time.

At the very least you’d have hoped he was fit enough for 15-20 minutes off the bench after all that ‘get-fit’ time.

At the very least you’d have hoped he was fit enough for 15-20 minutes off the bench after all that ‘get-fit’ time.

Sad, but one is left hoping he's still carrying his phantom injury, cos otherwise both he and we are fucked as far his future here is concerned.

Ndombele prior to the enforced break, was that he was trotting around the whole time and never sprinting, pressing, or tracking back. The commonly advanced explanation for this on here was an undisclosed injury. He’s now had a few months to rehabilitate this unconfirmed injury, so if that was the issue, you can safely assume he’ll bring a lot more work rate. He might get gassed pretty quickly because he doesn’t have matches in his legs or lungs, but he shouldn’t be ambling about like he was pre-break.

If, that is, he actually was injured, as suggested by the unlicensed internet physio community. Let’s hope that was the problem.

Ndombele prior to the enforced break, was that he was trotting around the whole time and never sprinting, pressing, or tracking back. The commonly advanced explanation for this on here was an undisclosed injury. He’s now had a few months to rehabilitate this unconfirmed injury, so if that was the issue, you can safely assume he’ll bring a lot more work rate. He might get gassed pretty quickly because he doesn’t have matches in his legs or lungs, but he shouldn’t be ambling about like he was pre-break.

If, that is, he actually was injured, as suggested by the unlicensed internet physio community. Let’s hope that was the problem.

That is Ndombele. That is his demeanor, his style, it is never going to change and it will always infuriate the majority of Spurs fans. It was obvious when watching his performances for Lyon in French football. He ambles about, jogs when he should be sprinting, always looks out of breath and blowing out of his arse. Plus has he got the heart to take control of a game and dominate it because that is what he was signed for but I just don't see it in him

Just like 7 years on we are still waiting for Lamela to be that player that looked promising for Roma before he signed for us, the danger is Ndombele will end up being the same. The hierarchy at the club won't accept they have made a mistake, managers will come and go and try to get something out of him but alas to no avail, and in 2026 Ndombele will still be here with fans split on what he offers to the team. Guaranteed.

Actually, if we could combine Lamela's passion and workrate with Ndombele's touch and ball skills we would have one hell of a player

Oh, that player was Bruno Fernandes and we decided he was too expensive. Pity:mourcheeks:

Surely in CM pair he offers far more than sissoko? I find the criticism and analysis unfair. What did Maureen say after the Burnley game that ndombele was not asking for the ball from the defender? How many time sissoko get the ball or make any kind of run? We all know he can’t play CM Jose knows that and said but still plays him there! Would be better off with skipp with winks in CM than sissoko. With him there is no hope of playing through the lines or keeping possesion. Again we conceded far too much possession a usual Maureen trait. This is not how we play or great to watch.

If he doesn’t start on Tuesday it is clear Jose fucked him and we’ve ruined a great signing

In which case I hope he leaves to prove us wrong at a great club while we sign the next Gedson

Sissoko and Winks starting ahead of him is a crime

Back
Top Bottom