Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surely in CM pair he offers far more than sissoko? I find the criticism and analysis unfair. What did Maureen say after the Burnley game that ndombele was not asking for the ball from the defender? How many time sissoko get the ball or make any kind of run? We all know he can’t play CM Jose knows that and said but still plays him there! Would be better off with skipp with winks in CM than sissoko. With him there is no hope of playing through the lines or keeping possesion. Again we conceded far too much possession a usual Maureen trait. This is not how we play or great to watch.

We didn't concede possesion because of Sissoko. I'm not his biggest fan but he wasn't the problem. All the players seem to rush their passes, the ball is like a hot potato to them, and even worse is that often the attacking players fail to execute a simple 5 yard pass to a teammate. They are all guilty of it

If he doesn’t start on Tuesday it is clear Jose fucked him and we’ve ruined a great signing

In which case I hope he leaves to prove us wrong at a great club while we sign the next Gedson

Sissoko and Winks starting ahead of him is a crime

Jose hasn't ruined him, he was the same under Poch. He will be the same under the next manager

Ok but give the cunt a chance at least - few solid games to prove himself

Agree, imo he needs to play behind Harry as a number 10 where he will have less defensive responsibilities and where he can use his skill to create openings. Anywhere else is too much of risk and waste of time.

Anyway Ndombele will be here longer than Jose. Levy will not take a loss in selling him

If Jose persists with 4231, where is N'Dombele going to play? Dele is still first choice as his number 10 behind Kane. So that only leaves the 2 central defensive mid slots. And Tanguy hasn't shown the defensive capabilities to be trusted there.

We had the odd situation of having possibly our 3 best midfielders sitting on the bench yesterday. If Pep can play 3 small technical players in De Bruyne, Gundogan, D Silva and dominate Woolwich, I don't see why we can't play 433 with Lo Celso, Skipp, Ndombele. Dele can rotate with them.

Nothing has changed regarding the player and the tone of this Guardian opinion blog when he signed. This is a large part of why I'm worried about his future.
This is not on Jose, this is on the player. We didn't pay the money for him to fucking saunter about like he owns the pitch when he's done fuck all in the shirt to warrant either respect or (IMHO) a starting place.

People can't make excuses because of his transfer fee, not a single Tottenham fan or Lyon fan for that matter would debate the talent he has, but it's not just about that, clearly. The only thing that appears to have significantly changed is his bank balance and he's barely earned a fucking penny of it for me.

If his critics can admit the frightening level of talent he has, surely his more vociferous fans can admit that that's clearly not what the issue is?

I trust why he's not being selected tbh.

Nothing has changed regarding the player and the tone of this Guardian opinion blog when he signed. This is a large part of why I'm worried about his future.
This is not on Jose, this is on the player. We didn't pay the money for him to fucking saunter about like he owns the pitch when he's done fuck all in the shirt to warrant either respect or (IMHO) a starting place.

People can't make excuses because of his transfer fee, not a single Tottenham fan or Lyon fan for that matter would debate the talent he has, but it's not just about that, clearly. The only thing that appears to have significantly changed is his bank balance and he's barely earned a fucking penny of it for me.

If his critics can admit the frightening level of talent he has, surely his more vociferous fans can admit that that's clearly not what the issue is?

I trust why he's not being selected tbh.
Okay now go read what Mourinho has been saying about him pre the Utd game. It’s on Jose shit tactics that we didn’t see him in the second half yesterday, he was a pussy and counteracted the pogba sub with the defensive subs. Even if ndombele was looking disinterested, which would be contrary to what Jose has been saying of him the past few weeks, he would be 100 time more effective than Gedson was .

Okay now go read what Mourinho has been saying about him pre the Utd game. It’s on Jose shit tactics that we didn’t see him in the second half yesterday, he was a pussy and counteracted the pogba sub with the defensive subs. Even if ndombele was looking disinterested, which would be contrary to what Jose has been saying of him the past few weeks, he would be 100 time more effective than Gedson was .
You think he's going to almost openly criticise him again to try and get a reaction? Didn't work the last time. Jose has famously already been down this road with a Frenchman and it didn't end well.

Maybe Gedson actually does what he's told to on the pitch? He's less talented than Ndombele from everything I've seen, but also looks more willing to work. I think if we'd have been winning, he may have gotten on from the bench.

Last edited:

Jose's actions speak louder than his words. He tries to manipulate situations with the media all the time. I think Ndombele will get chances in the upcoming games but he is going to have to deliver, a bit like LoCelso did

Jose's actions speak louder than his words. He tries to manipulate situations with the media all the time. I think Ndombele will get chances in the upcoming games but he is going to have to deliver, a bit like LoCelso did
It's been a few weeks of training, he praised him a little, Ndombele needs to keep it up and show it on the pitch when given the opportunity.

Some people honestly blame Jose for not throwing a player on whose defensive contribution and workrate has been suspect at 1-1 in that game? I don't.

If he doesn’t start on Tuesday it is clear Jose fucked him and we’ve ruined a great signing

In which case I hope he leaves to prove us wrong at a great club while we sign the next Gedson

Sissoko and Winks starting ahead of him is a crime
Jose has fucked him? are you forgetting his performances since Jose took over.
Jose has signed 1 player who is looking decent. The only person that has fucked Ndombele is himself with his lack of desire and application.Hopefully he get his head down in training and forces his way into the team

He should have come on yesterday towards the end. He does not deserve to start and needs to be a sub and show us all that he deserves to start. He cannot do that if he does not play but surely if he is a named sub he is up to playing 15 mins.

Back
Top Bottom