Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ulBjAnG__400x400.png

An American who calls himself doublepivot.
Data and progressive politics. He can fuck off too.

Look at the fucking state of him.
Hahahaha - that’s Guido - has to be!

Even if he starts baking cookies instead of training, I'd still start him against Woolwich. Get him on the pitch with GLC and Winks for the rest of the season. He was probably our only decent player today (along with Lloris).
Agreed, he was the only midfielder we had who was looking to move the ball up field and looking to do so quickly. Yes he misplayed some balls but he also played 19 minutes since March.

Agreed, he was the only midfielder we had who was looking to move the ball up field and looking to do so quickly. Yes he misplayed some balls but he also played 19 minutes since March.
Those possess forwards he makes are also fucking hard to thread through, I'd happily sit through 10 of them if only one comes off than have to watch us being passive and do absolutely fuck all.

Those possess forwards he makes are also fucking hard to thread through, I'd happily sit through 10 of them if only one comes off than have to watch us being passive and do absolutely fuck all.

Ya but none of them were that close to getting through.

i am not sure why we have to give this guy so much credit for trying stuff that doesn't work. For 60 million we shouldn't have to hope that 1 out of 10 might get through.

Ya but none of them were that close to getting through.

i am not sure why we have to give this guy so much credit for trying stuff that doesn't work. For 60 million we shouldn't have to hope that 1 out of 10 might get through.
They absolutely were.

Without a player unable to break an oppo press we have nothing. Any team has nothing. You need to commit the opposition, succeed on doing that and you have them overloaded and/or turned. He is absolutely vital to us. But we have a manager who's philosophy is NOT to have the ball because in his view teams that have the ball can make mistakes. (I want a manager that has the polar opposite to this). It's why Ndombele isn't played, he wants it safe (just look at our last corner in +90mins, he's sending players back!!)

They absolutely were.

Without a player unable to break an oppo press we have nothing. Any team has nothing. You need to commit the opposition, succeed on doing that and you have them overloaded and/or turned. He is absolutely vital to us. But we have a manager who's philosophy is NOT to have the ball because in his view teams that have the ball can make mistakes. (I want a manager that has the polar opposite to this). It's why Ndombele isn't played, he wants it safe (just look at our last corner in +90mins, he's sending players back!!)

We had the ball for a lot more than Bournemouth did this game. We had the ball for a lot more of the game than Everton did, we had the ball for a lot more of the game than Sheffield did, we had the ball for a lot more of the game than West ham did.

For a manager that doesn't want to have his team to have the ball his team sure seem to have the ball alot.

We had the ball for a lot more than Bournemouth did this game. We had the ball for a lot more of the game than Everton did, we had the ball for a lot more of the game than Sheffield did, we had the ball for a lot more of the game than West ham did.

For a manager that doesn't want to have his team to have the ball his team sure seem to have the ball alot.

Well teams are seeing through mourinhos old tricks and letting us have it. They're countering mourinho tactics with Mourinho tactics, and it's working. It's working because Mourinho doesn't have any other strategies to deploy.

I feel bad for the players. Probably spending all training working on counter attacks and 11 back defending, only to spend 80 minutes with the ball not knowing what the fuck to do because Mourinho got them to forget how to play football with the damn ball.

It's becoming increasingly more obvious that Ndombele doesn't start because he likes to play progressive football.
Harry Redknapp would have convinced him he was the reincarnation of Puskas/Maradona and had him tearing teams a new ass. He is clearly a classic confidence player game has been littered with them. Forget about attitude and fitness an character all the stuff English coaches have hid behind for generations whilst the national team burned. If you can get three ten min spells out of top talent it's worth 89 of scott Parker running around. The coach we have will kill all the players with ability because he doesn't know how to work them offensively. That is where the modern game went his era was about drilled defence Pep turn that round and practiced attacking. Look what he did to Sterling Sonnny under Guardiola would look like prime Ronaldo I think he'd out shine Kane.

Last edited:

For a Jose cult leader you seem to know absolutely fuck all about him. Have you ever read a book on his philosophy before? Have you ever read what his players say about their training sessions and what they entail? Have you ever read about Tactical Periodization and how he uses it in his teams' training?

Back
Top Bottom