Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sissoko has been crap in almost all his games this season but gets picked and doesn’t get the same stick as ndombele . Maybe if mour had shown more confidence in the player then he might a different tune out of him. From what I saw in the 45 mins he got v Bournemouth he put some tackles tried to move the ball forward and look for incisive passing. Unfortunately they don’t all come but at least his trying to make some thing happen. I always remember Glenn saying you to balls to try make a great pass forward plus a great pass is only great if there are players making runs. Sometimes our front three have all been sucked into the middle and no one making any runs out to in or vice versa. Spurs teams have always had maverick players and you look forward to seeing them play. It seems to me the people are falling for the Maureen propaganda and that we have to play crap football to win and so no room for players who might actually to try to do something special but may lose the ball in the process. I’d rather that than jump lumping the ball forward aimlessly for someone to hopefully get on the end. However this is what Maureen is going to bring and as I’ve said many tines some have fallen for this crap that this type of football is a gauranteed formula for winning trophies. FFS we couldn’t even beat Norwich at home over 120 minutes to get a Q/F spot with this man in charge who is being paid twice what the previous manager was on. He certainly hasn’t coached any footballing tactics that are twice as better or revolutionary. I don’t care about not his players, no pre- season blah blah. There is still a core of decent players and his had enough time to work with them. In fact when whinged he didn’t have enough time between games back in December he then got that in jan/Feb but we were worse!

Sissoko has been crap in almost all his games this season but gets picked and doesn’t get the same stick as ndombele . Maybe if mour had shown more confidence in the player then he might a different tune out of him. From what I saw in the 45 mins he got v Bournemouth he put some tackles tried to move the ball forward and look for incisive passing. Unfortunately they don’t all come but at least his trying to make some thing happen. I always remember Glenn saying you to balls to try make a great pass forward plus a great pass is only great if there are players making runs. Sometimes our front three have all been sucked into the middle and no one making any runs out to in or vice versa. Spurs teams have always had maverick players and you look forward to seeing them play. It seems to me the people are falling for the Maureen propaganda and that we have to play crap football to win and so no room for players who might actually to try to do something special but may lose the ball in the process. I’d rather that than jump lumping the ball forward aimlessly for someone to hopefully get on the end. However this is what Maureen is going to bring and as I’ve said many tines some have fallen for this crap that this type of football is a gauranteed formula for winning trophies. FFS we couldn’t even beat Norwich at home over 120 minutes to get a Q/F spot with this man in charge who is being paid twice what the previous manager was on. He certainly hasn’t coached any footballing tactics that are twice as better or revolutionary. I don’t care about not his players, no pre- season blah blah. There is still a core of decent players and his had enough time to work with them. In fact when whinged he didn’t have enough time between games back in December he then got that in jan/Feb but we were worse!
Just on that last bit: man-management isn't about telling the media the truth, it's about protecting the players from the fallout of sucking balls. The fun in reading the media quotes is in reading between the lines. Pointing at something else as being the problem (however tenuous) shows he has their backs, even when all parties know it's the players at fault.

Of course there's an exception, but then each personality type has to be managed differently. Ask any successful manager. You can't shout abuse at everyone, it just doesn't work. Some retreat and lose confidence, others resent you and sulk, others try to prove you wrong and some man the fuck up and start doing exactly what they are told.

The big problem is: how they respond is not up to them. At least, not at first. It's largely subconscious and at the point where it becomes a conscious effort, it's usually taken a lot of work to get there. In TN's case, this will take a few more months, but I have no doubt that Jose will get him there. At the moment he's a bit sulky and a bit lacking in confidence.

From what I've seen so far, I am highly positive that Jose will get this team into CL next season. If we get a good 6/defensive mid and an RB, then maybe a cup. I do not expect us to focus on a cup over CL, though, that's not good business (even if we all want some silverware).

Oh not another one.....
Ndombele is rubbish
“But Sissoko!!!!!!”

Ok how does this sound then if I do the same?
Sissoko is rubbish
“But Dele!!!!!!!”

Nah, see it’s irrelevant isn’t it

ArcspacE ArcspacE
Here’s some of my thoughts from that game.....I didn’t mention Ndombele, as it was his debut, but knowing my thoughts on Eriksen I think it’s pretty damming that I did at no point see Ndombele as making the difference that day
What is this meant to prove - you wrote him off after one game?

What is this meant to prove - you wrote him off after one game?
I didn’t comment on his performance after one game, but as I said I remember him being a nonentity for most of the game other than the goal.

Felt underwhelmed at the time but was certain it would be better. But it wasn’t.

Im as disappointed as the next man, just not going to kid myself that this time it’s any different and we got it right.

It’s a twice as expensive Lamela and Sissoko.

Who might have a golden patch in two years, or might not. Right now though, he’s crap, and has been a massive, massive let down and off the chart under what we needed or expected when we signed him.

Sissoko being shit doesn’t make Ndombele good

What I'm struggling with, is how someone with your "general Football knowledge" thinks Sissoko is so great you'd want a whole team of him, but Ndombele is total dogshit?

Even in his first shit, fat, can't be arsed, phoning it in season, he did everything better than Sissoko except get dribbled past and dispossessed.

1ICs04M.png

Sissoko being shit doesn't make Ndombele good (although you seem to have no problem whatabouting Eriksen or Ndombele last week when people were slagging off Sissoko), but he's a fuck of a lot better than Sissoko in every respect, defensive, pressing, creative, footballing, that's what many are struggling with, watching that lazy shit cunt Sissoko, whilst a much better player, who's less lazy, tackles more, presses more, and is a quantum upgrade as a footballer, is sat on the bench.

Last edited:
For comparisons sake, as a companion to that Ndombele v Sissoko, here's the Ndombele v Winks v Lo Celso this season:

kmQDSSP.png

4N70TBL.png

Either some of you have got Mourinho's cock too far in your earholes, and your eye test isn't quite what you think it is, or the rest of our midfielders are an even lazier, shitter bunch of cunts

These just back up what some of us are seeing with our eyes, Ndombele hasn't been as bad as some are saying. They don't say he's been spunkbread either, no-one is saying that, and outperforming Sissoko and to a lesser extent Winks is not exactly cause for us all to suck each other off, but if he can post these kind of metrics in a shit season, you can see why some of us think it might just be worth giving the kid a run of games and seeing what he can do with some confidence and match fitness.

Last edited:
What I'm struggling with, is how someone with your "general Football knowledge" thinks Sissoko is so great you'd want a whole team of him, but Ndombele is total dogshit?

Even in his first shit, fat, can't be arsed, phoning it in season, he did everything better than Sissoko except get dribbled past and dispossessed.

1ICs04M.png

Sissoko being shit doesn't make Ndombele good (although you seem to have no problem whatabouting Eriksen or Ndombele last week when people were slagging off Sissoko), but he's a fuck of a lot better than Sissoko in every respect, defensive, pressing, creative, footballing, that's what many are struggling with, watching that lazy shit cunt Sissoko, whilst a much better player, who's less lazy, tackles more, presses more, and is a quantum upgrade as a footballer, is sat on the bench.
Football “knowledge” is not based on graphs though
If it was, then Ndombele would be a good player and have an impact in games.
He isn’t and doesn’t

Graphs will never, ever in a million years tell a story of a football match.
Anyone who understands football can tell you that.
There is no graph for effort, attitude, actual good play as opposed to “he passed it forward”.......define “meaningful pass” for example.
No graphs for how many times a players has had a 3rd or 4th hand in a goal.
Just the assist column where missing a sitter from three yards out counts as it rebounds off the keepers chest and someone else taps it in.....

Ive told you for a couple years now, watch games.

Last edited:
Football “knowledge” is not based on graphs though
If it was, then Ndombele would be a good player and have an impact in games.
He isn’t and doesn’t

Graphs will never, ever in a million years tell a story of a football match.
Anyone who understands football can tell you that.
There is no graph for effort, attitude, actual good play as opposed to “he passed it forward”.......define “meaningful pass” for example.
No graphs for how many times a players has had a 3rd or 4th hand in a goal.
Just the assist column where missing a sitter from three yards out counts as it rebounds off the keepers chest and someone else taps it in.....

Ive told you for a couple years now, watch games.

But I gave you something to watch last week sammy and you fucking flunked it. “midfielders shouldn’t track the players they are marking” LOL.

Those metrics are to help people like you who don’t really understand what they watch, who‘s football knowledge is about who’s face they like the look of, or who has a singy songy name, or who Jamie Carragher spits at. That’s you that is.

But I gave you something to watch last week sammy and you fucking flunked it. “midfielders shouldn’t track the players they are marking” LOL.

Those metrics are to help people like you who don’t really understand what they watch, who‘s football knowledge is about who’s face they like the look of, or who has a singy songy name, or who Jamie Carragher spits at. That’s you that is.
I watched it. I also remember you telling me that a video doesn’t prove anything, like when you couldn’t see from a ten minute montage that DeBruyne played more like Hazard than Lampard in 2012.

In your 20 second clip I saw a CM tracking back pretty poorly, a RB being rubbish, CBs being crap, and a keeper being wank.
Sissoko didn’t cover himself in glory but the goal wasn’t his fault.

That’s the problem with you.
You lauded Ndombele v Wolves and blamed the rest of the team because it “wasn’t his man.

The graph told you he played well that day.
Laughable.

Just like with Eriksen you think that “proving“Ndombele is better than someone you think is utter shit means something.

How about compare Ndombeles impact on a team to Dembele or Wanyama when they were peak?
Oh I know! The graph said Dembele didn’t have 29 assists so he actually wasn’t good right?

Watch games, you might learn something, you’re nothing but a suit. A forum version of AVB.

IF Tanguy leaves because he doesn't like to work for a demanding manager like Mourinho, why would he go to Inter with a possibly even more demanding (and certainly more moody) manager like Conte?

Inter Milan close to fee agreement with Tottenham for Tanguy Ndombele – player undecided
TF1 report that Italian side Inter Milan are close to an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur concerning a transfer fee for French international central midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.

The Serie A club still have to convince the player about making the move, with the ex-Lyon man currently in conversations with another two major European sides, according to the report.

At the moment, the 23-year-old has not yet taken a decision on his future. The outlet claims that Inter intend to include a player in any deal with Spurs.

Inter Milan close to fee agreement with Tottenham for Tanguy Ndombele – player undecided
TF1 report that Italian side Inter Milan are close to an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur concerning a transfer fee for French international central midfielder Tanguy Ndombele.

The Serie A club still have to convince the player about making the move, with the ex-Lyon man currently in conversations with another two major European sides, according to the report.

At the moment, the 23-year-old has not yet taken a decision on his future. The outlet claims that Inter intend to include a player in any deal with Spurs.
Imagine if they send Eriksen back.

Not gonna happen if a deal does happen but imagine the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom