Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance in the way Pirlo passes and dribbles to Ndombele’s?

I wonder if a creative deep playmaking role would fit him more than anything he’s been tried before.

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance in the way Pirlo passes and dribbles to Ndombele’s?

I wonder if a creative deep playmaking role would fit him more than anything he’s been tried before.

Yes

Ndombeles got all the tools. He’s just got to put it all together for an entire season. We say 1/3 of a season where he was phenomenal and but he struggled to keep form.

probably the same fucking no chalance .. but you can't compare them because Pirlo was the main playmaker and protected by 2 mid def. Tanguy is more a 8 in a team who keep the ball .

Why not get in 9 outfield players to build the whole team around this guy who 3 different managers couldn't get a tune out of and who Sissoko was considered more useful for in the French squad?
He has been a complete flop at Spurs and I have zero confidence he will get any better.

Last edited:
Why not get in 9 outfield players to build the whole around this guy who 3 different managers couldn't get a tune out of and who Sissoko was considered more useful for in the French squad?
He has been a complete flop at Spurs and I have zero confidence he will get any better.
if he was a flop , i can't imagine your opinions about the others flop in this team ...

Why not get in 9 outfield players to build the whole around this guy who 3 different managers couldn't get a tune out of and who Sissoko was considered more useful for in the French squad?
Could he have been better, sure. Could the whole team have been better? Sure.

Calling our best midfielder a flop is harsh though…

Could he have been better, sure. Could the whole team have been better? Sure.

Calling our best midfielder a flop is harsh though…

Its not harsh, you pay £60m and you expect a top player. For the money we spent, he has been a flop. We could have got a much better player with that money.

Hopefully this season he will finally reach his potential, he cannot hide behind Mourinho‘s toxic reputation anymore. Let’s not forget that he was completely left out of the squad by Mason for the last game of the season. He has got to shape up.

as much as we can all see there is a player in there, he just doesn't do it enough
he does not look fit enough for the english game
waste of money I hope not but so far he just hasn't given enough

Its not harsh, you pay £60m and you expect a top player. For the money we spent, he has been a flop. We could have got a much better player with that money.

Hopefully this season he will finally reach his potential, he cannot hide behind Mourinho‘s toxic reputation anymore. Let’s not forget that he was completely left out of the squad by Mason for the last game of the season. He has got to shape up.
Agreed. It’s a shame because he looks incredibly gifted and has genuine flair/creativity. Unfortunately, at times he’s also looked like a fat lazy cunt with a shite attitude.

Hopefully he pulls his finger out, no one wants to see potential like his go to waste.

My worry with him is that he doesn’t take football that seriously. A serious player would be fucking fuming that he didn’t go to the Euros while a donkey like Sissoko did. Is he that bothered? Hard to tell with him because he never speaks up. Two years into his career here and he hasn’t really shown any character or built a rapport with the fans.

Most new signings try to endear themselves by working very hard on the pitch, but he hasn’t done that. I just don’t get the feeling that he really cares about succeeding here, or in the game in general. He seems happy to just do the odd dribble and collect his salary.

He has the Same attitude as Ekotto did. And I still stand by my claim from a while back that he will end up back in France before long. Terrible professional

Did we, though ?!?
I was all for sacking him, and I am not saying that we shouldn't have done it.

But our results since sacking him were -
2:1 win over Soton (I round - 5:2 win)
0:1 loss to City (and it was absolutely gutless performance, weak, scared, straight out pussies on field)
4:0 win over Sheffield (I round 3:1 win)
3:1 loss to Leeds (I round 3:0 win)
2:0 win over Wolves (I round 1:1)
1:2 loss to Villa (I round 2:0 win)
4:2 win against Leicester (god knows how we won it in the end, hardly reassuring performance) (I round 0:2 loss)

Leaving the final aside, we gathered 12 points from 18 possible.
In I round we got 13 points from same opponents. So we got 1 less under Mason.

But what worried me the most was how pathetic was our play. I did not see any difference to Mou times. And I say it with utmost fear. This is reflection that it never was all about Mou and his methods and personality. I am sure that some other manager can get more out of the squad, but clearly we have extremely big problems with playing squad as well.

That a 29 year old novice with lingering CTE did about as well, if not slightly better than that egotistical washed up cunt, is not a good defence of said egotistical washed up cunt pocketing £15mil a year.

The squad has issues but nowhere near as big as the lack of coaching it received made it out to be.

The guy was BEYOND TERRIBLE and he shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.

Many players will improve just because Nuno is competent even though I hate his style.

Back
Top Bottom