Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d cut our losses on him if we could get our money back. I really would, I don’t think he will ever be a success in the premier league. Maybe Sevilla would like to swap him for that centre back we are after, would be a good deal for us.
I agree, he can do some great dribbles at times but besides the one or two moments of flash he is pretty average. His conditioning is poor, he is not great at pressing, he's not fast and he is not the creative passer we need.

Ndombele could be one of the few players we can sell for good money this summer to strengthen other positions.

My worry with him is that he doesn’t take football that seriously. A serious player would be fucking fuming that he didn’t go to the Euros while a donkey like Sissoko did. Is he that bothered? Hard to tell with him because he never speaks up. Two years into his career here and he hasn’t really shown any character or built a rapport with the fans.

Most new signings try to endear themselves by working very hard on the pitch, but he hasn’t done that. I just don’t get the feeling that he really cares about succeeding here, or in the game in general. He seems happy to just do the odd dribble and collect his salary.
do you live with him ? are you his brother or agent? He joined us to play under poch but he was fucked by Jose . He is not the only one talented who was not with the French selection, Deschamps did shit with Tolisso , Sissoko , Rabiot (injured) and others , i am almost happy we failed like that.

do you live with him ? are you his brother or agent? He joined us to play under poch but he was fucked by Jose . He is not the only one talented who was not with the French selection, Deschamps did shit with Tolisso , Sissoko , Rabiot (injured) and others , i am almost happy we failed like that.
Also its tricky to build a rapport with the fans with so few of them actually in the stadium. We need to see how he does this year then act accordingly.

I don’t need to live with him to see that he shows a clear lack of intensity on the football pitch. We can make all the excuses we want, he is paid 200k a week to help Tottenham win matches and so far in his career he has not helped us very much.

Mourinho is gone and there is nowhere for him to hide now, he has to deliver this season. He has to get fitter, stronger, work harder off the ball, demand the ball more, all the things that £60m midfielders are supposed to do. He probably won’t have Sissoko and Aurier to babysit him in the dressing room either so it’s going to be tough for him. He has to show that he has the personality to succeed at this level.

I don’t need to live with him to see that he shows a clear lack of intensity on the football pitch. We can make all the excuses we want, he is paid 200k a week to help Tottenham win matches and so far in his career he has not helped us very much.

Mourinho is gone and there is nowhere for him to hide now, he has to deliver this season. He has to get fitter, stronger, work harder off the ball, demand the ball more, all the things that £60m midfielders are supposed to do. He probably won’t have Sissoko and Aurier to babysit him in the dressing room either so it’s going to be tough for him. He has to show that he has the personality to succeed at this level.
For me this is his make or break season. He's a quality player but needs to show more, both on and off the ball. Needs to do more things more consistently and effectively to justify the eye-watering fee. Hope he comes good because I do enjoy watching him play.

To be fair to him he did have a good first third of last season. He was still chugging after 60 minutes but he was working harder in and out of possession. We could all see the improvement. But then he went back to being lazy and jogging around/falling over instead of playing hard. Second half of the season he was a non-entity.

Whether that’s a physical or mental issue (or both), he needs to sort it. Good players play at a high level for a whole season.

I agree, he can do some great dribbles at times but besides the one or two moments of flash he is pretty average. His conditioning is poor, he is not great at pressing, he's not fast and he is not the creative passer we need.

Ndombele could be one of the few players we can sell for good money this summer to strengthen other positions.
I don’t disagree with anything besides that he’s not a creative passer. He’s one of the top 3 passers we have. It just doesn’t help us when there is no team shape offensively.

To be fair to him he did have a good first third of last season. He was still chugging after 60 minutes but he was working harder in and out of possession. We could all see the improvement. But then he went back to being lazy and jogging around/falling over instead of playing hard. Second half of the season he was a non-entity.

Whether that’s a physical or mental issue (or both), he needs to sort it. Good players play at a high level for a whole season.
It’s a Jose issue. How many players did we see that with?

Make or break season coming up for the fatty.

A few magical moments across 2 years is nowhere near enough return for a 60m player. Lets see if he really wants to be a top player (I don't think he gives a shit tbh).

And complete 90 minutes more than 9 times in two seasons

Or 90 minutes. He’s only completed 90 minutes with us 9 times!

That’s utterly pathetic.
If your manager takes you off at the 89th minute every game youd have no 90 minutes at all even though you'd have played a lot. He did more than 60 minutes 34 times last year and was a regular under Mourinho. Could have played a few more 60+ minutes games but wasnt part of Mason's mates.

If your manager takes you off at the 89th minute every game youd have no 90 minutes at all even though you'd have played a lot. He did more than 60 minutes 34 times last year and was a regular under Mourinho. Could have played a few more 60+ minutes games but wasnt part of Mason's mates.

Glad you’re happy with his fitness levels then. To most people he looks fucked after an hour. It’s not good enough for £60m and £250k a week.

We’ve literally just watched Luke Shaw put together a brilliant year for club and country and these idiots still have the gall to insinuate Mourinho wasn’t a massive problem.

N’Dombele was fine under Poch until he got injured and Poch (in his typical fashion unless you were Kane, Lloris or Vertonghen) was taking his time easing him back in around the time he stupidly got the boot.

Back
Top Bottom