Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you know about his attitude? Far as I can tell he had a tough first season, fell out with Mourinho (like a lot of other players have), came back fitter and played a lot more in the second season, becoming one of our starting eleven. Just because a player can runaround the entire game doesn't make them good, otherwise we might aswell just have a team of Sissoko's.

Simple fact is he isn't fat, of course he isn't, it's just an eay way to get some funny's and like's to your posts so people make the joke.

^ That last part wasn't aimed at you particularly, I've no idea if you've made fat jokes.
Again, I'm fond of Ndombele, but you're a blind if you think his attitude couldn't use some improvement. Prolonged sulks when fouled, exaggerated limping, not making himself available for the ball enough, general body language. I understand there some issues with managers and the way we've been playing, but a guy of his ability should be taking the decision out of the managers hands with the effect he's having on the field.

Playing CM in the PL literally requires that you be able to run around the entire game. Go through a Manchester United forum in 2009/10 and you'll find similar conversations about Anderson, who was a super talent and never quite lived up to it. I hope Ndombele can kick on this year, but he needs to do just that, and part of that is maintaining a consistent competitive attitude, which he hasn't to this point.

Deservedly so too because he has done fuck all in the shirt, unlike Harry...you clown.
insulting donald trump GIF by Mashable

Nuno is like Poch with his focus on fitness, I believe he said after the game today that he wants us to be the fittest and strongest team in the PL. That was fundamental to our success with Poch, if Nuno feels the same then no surprise that Ndombele is not trusted. When he is ready to run hard for the team, he can be involved. If he wants to keep fannying around, he stays out.

If Nuno is unconvinced by him, maybe it's better if we do.

Another year in the wilderness will do nothing but harm to the player and the player's value.
Paritici followed Tanguy when he was with Lyon, he know him very well too . The staff know what they are doing with him and his fitness . He will be ready to start against City.

Paritici followed Tanguy when he was with Lyon, he know him very well too . The staff know what they are doing with him and his fitness . He will be ready to start against City.
Can't get 20 mins in a friendly 10 days before the opener

But definitely gonna be fully fit to start against city!

Denial as usual

Just reading Nuno’s postgame presser. Made some odd comments when asked about Tanguy. I’m starting to wonder if we are trying to sell him.

We should be, I can’t believe there are still people willing to make excuses for him. He will never come consistently good for us. I can’t imagine there are many takers for him though.

If Nuno is unconvinced by him, maybe it's better if we do.

Another year in the wilderness will do nothing but harm to the player and the player's value.
Who the fuck is Nuno to make that call having not even give him a chance once - yet shitters like Winks, Doherty, Sanchez, etc. are getting regular play time. Ndombele has more technical ability in his little toe than Winks and Sissoko combined

Totally agree! If he is fit then he should be at a min be on the bench. If Nuno has come in and already made his mind up on tanguy then he is a fool. Even Maureen relented eventually and started to play him as a regular. Only that fool mason decided to drop him for winks. Whether he last 5 mins or 90 mins he offers far more than any of the dead wood we have playing currently. Not one of our CM can pass forward and incisively.

£ for £ he’s the worst signing the club has ever made, his technical ability is not in doubt but his fitness and attitude are questionable at best. Nobody will touch him at the price we paid, just another example of our flawed transfer and recruitment policy.

trouble to me is he don't want to get fit, been here 2 seasons and still not fit enough to play 80 mins
if he wants to go surely he wants a top club to get but why would a top club buy a player who can't play for 70/80 mins

You can’t put lazy, out of shape players in the team just because they have talent. You can’t indulge them. Ndombele at the moment is the new Adel Taarabt. You have to earn the right to play by working hard.

Nothing is stopping Ndombele from working as hard as Hojbjerg, Son, Lucas, etc. He just isn’t arsed.

Back
Top Bottom