Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played well in the first half but I'm still not convinced that he has the physical stamina to be the focus of our midfield.

People overrating him also gets on my tits, but that's not his fault.

Maybe, but Mourinho has made multiple references to his fitness and attitude. I think it's more lack of engine personally. I think he's trying his best.
Yeah I think it may have been the case at times last season although I said then that he was unfairly treated, but this season I think he’s at it. Can he further improve his stamina and attitude? Of course, he’s still young and still developing. People here make it as if we bought a player in his prime years. He’s young and can develop a lot in the next few years.

Careful you don't upset the fanboys

he's not world class but he's our best MF by some ways. notice how we were competing fine and actually looked decent until he and lucas came off? yeah, that's the effect he has on the team.
You have said on a regular basis he is world class.
The lazy cunt was gassed before half time and he has had 7 days rest.
No passion and no desire the man is an out an out disgrace

The difference is what we look like as a team when he's playing vs not playing
Well, when he's not playing, it means one of Sissoko or Winks is involved, so....

I'm just hoping Skipp is going to hit the ground running. I still think Tanguy is too deep. I know he's looked better there, but he hasn't got the legs. Push him further up and put Skipp and Hojberg together.

Well, when he's not playing, it means one of Sissoko or Winks is involved, so....

I'm just hoping Skipp is going to hit the ground running. I still think Tanguy is too deep. I know he's looked better there, but he hasn't got the legs. Push him further up and put Skipp and Hojberg together.
I don't think Tanguy is suited for Jose style football where he needs to put a lot of effort on defense. he's clearly a wizard in a lot of areas. it's jose's job to figure out how to best utilize a players talent rather than force him into a style of play that so clearly doesn't suit a player.

Although he's nowhere near our biggest worry, he's basically the poor man's Pogba. And Pogba himself rightly has his critics due to attitude and consistency.

Or maybe press higher up the pitch and push the defensive line higher so he won’t have to play like an auxiliary CB for 60 minutes.

He's not up to it IMO, probably could be a good player for someone but he's useless without the ball and won't cut it in the Premier League, questionable commitment and work rate too, been a very poor use of 60 million pounds.

I know the bar isn't too high, but I don't know how anyone could think he wasn't the best player today. The few decent counters we had all started with him.

I'm usually not as impressed as others with about his fancy stepovers, but today it was less of that, instead he was more direct which to me's a positive.

I don't think Tanguy is suited for Jose style football where he needs to put a lot of effort on defense. he's clearly a wizard in a lot of areas. it's jose's job to figure out how to best utilize a players talent rather than force him into a style of play that so clearly doesn't suit a player.
True.

I think (and at the risk of looking like I'm defending Jose - which I'm most certainly not), Mourinho has always realised that. He doesn't want to have to play Tanguy there, he's simply realised he can't push him forward and have one of Sissoko or Winks behind, as they're useless. He also knows he's by far and away our most technically accomplished midfielder, so he's playing him deeper, to try and accommodate Lo Celso.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jose was the one pushing for Skipp's recall in January.

Back
Top Bottom