The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They kick people out of their homes and take over or bulldoze their houses and tell them to go because they decided its theirs now. And this is just their nicer way of stealing. They still keep invading (like the russians) and annexing more parts of palestine(like the russians). I'll leave you with some examples of these terrorists below. If you think its okay and normal , then please do card me more. I'd consider it a badge of honour to be carded by people who support disgusting actors.

Infantino the head of fifa has just compared racism, migrant workers rights, Queer rights and the rights of the disabled to him being bullied as a "ginger kid with freckles"

:dempsey:

Whenever I think of infantino I think of the story Mourinho told an interviewer when we appointed him of him saying he’d just got back from a helicopter trip with infantino from somewhere. He’s a weird man.

...unless he comes out as gay, then a few welcome mats will soon be whipped away!

It's not about whether you wanna get pissed at a game .. Some people do, some don't...
Some get high before a game, some don't...!

But Illegality doesn't seem to come into it, as whilst bringing drugs into a ground in England IS illegal, being gay isn't....
Yet being gay and not doing drugs in Qatar COULD get you arrested.... imagine that?

A place where here being gay is as bad or worse than being pissed/high!

At least you can drive a car whilst being gay.... not so sure you can whilst being drunk or high!

I think that Qatar are getting their moral knickers in a twist.... if they were tolerant of homosexuality, yet frowned on drinking, I could kinda understand it... but they don't, they make BOTH Haram... Yet if you pay enough, you CAN get a drink if you pre pay for one of the super rich boxes...
Boxes I assume Allah allows due to the amounts pre paid!

It's hypocrisy at it's worst!

‘I feel like a migrant worker’: Gianni Infantino hits out at World Cup criticism​

• Fifa president compares Qatar issues with his own upbringing
  • ‘Don’t criticise Qatar’, Infantino tells press conference in Doha
Infantino began his speech by saying: “Today I feel Qatari. Today I feel Arabic. Today I feel African. Today I feel gay. Today I feel disabled. Today I feel [like] a migrant worker.

“Of course I am not Qatari, I am not an Arab, I am not African, I am not gay, I am not disabled. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated [against], to be bullied, as a foreigner in a foreign country.
This human baked potato has embarrassed himself on a global scale.

They kick people out of their homes and take over or bulldoze their houses and tell them to go because they decided its theirs now. And this is just their nicer way of stealing. They still keep invading (like the russians) and annexing more parts of palestine(like the russians). I'll leave you with some examples of these terrorists below. If you think its okay and normal , then please do card me more. I'd consider it a badge of honour to be carded by people who support disgusting actors.

"Al Jazeera is funded in whole or in part by the Qatari government."

:mourloopy: :harrylol:

The evolution of a culture takes time and people will not change their opinions overnight. Much of the African, Caribbean and Islamic world is intolerant of homosexuality.

We can continue to shut them out, or we can invite them in and see if they embrace acceptance over time.

Take WWE wrestling for instance. For many years they have been holding events in Saudi Arabia. In the beginning females were banned from performing, fast forward 4 years and not only are females performing but this year they had the longest match on the card.

Trying to force people to change their views never ever works, and usually evokes more divisiveness. For instance; Black Lives Matter / Say No To Racism has further divided race relations, not brought them together.

Like Saudi, Qatar has a long-term economic plan to open to tourism and diversify their economy. This isn't a 5 year plan, it's a 20 year plan. Its probable that some of these middle eastern states will become entertainment hubs; hosting the biggest concerts, best restaurants and luxury travel.

Alcohol and Drugs is a huge problem in western society, destroying many lives. I fully understand any developing country wanting to restrict abuse. How many of you wish you had never touched the stuff but are now addicted?
6 disagrees on what is a great post. Some sad, sad users on this board

The evolution of a culture takes time and people will not change their opinions overnight. Much of the African, Caribbean and Islamic world is intolerant of homosexuality.

We can continue to shut them out, or we can invite them in and see if they embrace acceptance over time.

Take WWE wrestling for instance. For many years they have been holding events in Saudi Arabia. In the beginning females were banned from performing, fast forward 4 years and not only are females performing but this year they had the longest match on the card.

Trying to force people to change their views never ever works, and usually evokes more divisiveness. For instance; Black Lives Matter / Say No To Racism has further divided race relations, not brought them together.

Like Saudi, Qatar has a long-term economic plan to open to tourism and diversify their economy. This isn't a 5 year plan, it's a 20 year plan. Its probable that some of these middle eastern states will become entertainment hubs; hosting the biggest concerts, best restaurants and luxury travel.

Alcohol and Drugs is a huge problem in western society, destroying many lives. I fully understand any developing country wanting to restrict abuse. How many of you wish you had never touched the stuff but are now addicted?
I believe this is called the biggotry of low expectations.

Ironically, several of the people posting "disagree" on your post have been guilty of the same in the past.

63974-4488240f-0025-4a1b-9044-0a4d881dfa6a.jpeg

Infantino is absolutely right about the benefits FIFA brings to the planet.

The World Cup was held in a country with a repressive, elitist, anti-gay regime and within 12 months they had legalised homosexuality - England, 1966.

There was a very good reason for our mascot being World Cup Willie.

YnN4k6a.png

Infantino the head of fifa has just compared racism, migrant workers rights, Queer rights and the rights of the disabled to him being bullied as a "ginger kid with freckles"

:dempsey:

This human baked potato has embarrassed himself on a global scale.
"Al Jazeera is funded in whole or in part by the Qatari government."

:mourloopy: :harrylol:

I think the common denominator here is THE HUMAN RACE...
in one form or another, every aspect of humanity has a corner of shame.... we're ALL guilty...

Racism, sexism, Islamaphobia, homophobia, anti semitism...

Every CUNTry has their own "phobia" or "ism"...

Which is why the world is ripping eachother to shreds, when it isn't busy destroying its own planet.

We're all fucked, and we're getting what we deserve.

Religion Money Corruption Politics... they've all been bed hopping with eachother at SOME point in history!

Back
Top Bottom