The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, who cares, better that than a team making a mockery of the tournament getting thrashed 10-0 every game.

Why you're making a country with no native football infrastructure to speak of the host is a different question of course.
The latter part: 100%

It's a shame they couldn't bypass the rulebook altogether and field a Qatar Globetrotter All-stars team comprising formers legends pinging hamstrings all over the shop..... That would hav ebeen top banter!

I hate almost everything about this tournament and have mentioned before how corrupt the bidding process was, how many people have died in the needless construction, how ridiculous it is that the entire football calendar is changing... etc...

One thing that I do think is "good" about the tournament is how close the stadiums are. It really is unique, to me it looks like the furthest away stadiums will be 50 minutes taxi away. The ones in Doha are walkable (although not sure how many people walk anywhere over there). As a set up I think that's potentially brilliant for fans and it will contrast massively with this Euros (which I think was generally not a fair and won't be repeated) and the next WC which will stretch from Mexico to Canada.

It would be nice to see the nations that participate in the euros boycott this World Cup. It’ll never happen, but unless a message is sent to FIFA it’ll never change.
This would have been a good moment for UEFA (who aren’t much better) to have done exactly that and wrestled power away from FIFA

it’s a fucking disgrace

I hate almost everything about this tournament and have mentioned before how corrupt the bidding process was, how many people have died in the needless construction, how ridiculous it is that the entire football calendar is changing... etc...

One thing that I do think is "good" about the tournament is how close the stadiums are. It really is unique, to me it looks like the furthest away stadiums will be 50 minutes taxi away. The ones in Doha are walkable (although not sure how many people walk anywhere over there). As a set up I think that's potentially brilliant for fans and it will contrast massively with this Euros (which I think was generally not a fair and won't be repeated) and the next WC which will stretch from Mexico to Canada.
Should be a great party in that case, beers flowing gays being chucked off buildings built by thousands of dead slaves

This would have been a good moment for UEFA (who aren’t much better) to have done exactly that and wrestled power away from FIFA

it’s a fucking disgrace

So are Uefa....

0e8b7d2c53195177a326670609fcb7ea.jpg

Should be a great party in that case, beers flowing gays being chucked off buildings built by thousands of dead slaves
Yep just geographically I think it will work well and being able to stay in one place for the whole tournament will suit teams and supporters. But yep shame it's Qatar.

Politics and football? One minute players are on their knees next they are playing in Quatar. Take no notice it's just a bunch of bullshit. May the best team win!

I know what you’re saying but like, is that France’s interest? Is that Platini’s interest? What does Michel Platini need an brown sack full of money for?
1 he wants a stronger French football league.
2 His son was involved with the bid & got a job "unrelated" to Platini’s vote.

Yes the fans, they will have a great time in Qatar I'm sure, as long as they aren't gay, or women, or want to drink, and don't get on the wrong side of the fuzz who may well lop off their hands... but atleast they might be able to walk between stadia...

Such a good choice to host in Qatar over Australia...

Edit: I do appreciate that your post is knowingly scraping the barrel to find a silver lining btw.

Back
Top Bottom