The “They’re really going to have a World Cup in QATAR?” Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Turkey isn't an Arab country, so doesn't fit Neville's criteria. It is predominantly Muslim but is still in theory a secular state although things are more grey under Erdogan's rule as he's doing as much as he can to change things to turn the country into a secular state. It's also not in the Middle East but split between Europe and the ME. Some would consider the country to be in the near East/Levant, irrespective of it's European location.
It is 95% in Asia minor and Edogan has destroyed opposition in all forms .
While it would be more liberal in some ways than a strict Arab countries that doesn't make it right .

I see your point. I suppose it's a bit of conspiracy theory but I can see it being true. Especially as you can't criticise the lack of alcohol without it being islamophobic

Let’s hope we at least get some cracking football because the politics here like everywhere atm is a proper shower of shite.

"It is unclear how the punishment of #FIFA will look like. It could be a fine, or a yellow card for violation of the dress code."

They really ought to have decided by now surely? ....The 'show' has already started, FFS!.

The players declared their intentions weeks, if not months, ago.

Anyone remember how many yellows before you miss a game at a WC?

"It is unclear how the punishment of #FIFA will look like. It could be a fine, or a yellow card for violation of the dress code."

They really ought to have decided by now surely? ....The 'show' has already started, FFS!.

The players declared their intentions weeks, if not months, ago.

Anyone remember how many yellows before you miss a game at a WC?
2 so would miss the last group game.

No reputable source has said that , so sounds like propaganda.

Credible source?

I'll let someone else decide:

re: Food:

"At the moment, Kosher in Qatar will sell challah for Shabbat, bagel sandwiches with spreads such as hummus, vegetables and smoked salmon.

Yet when asked if there will be hot food or meat, Chitrik said this will only be available if there will be a large group of Jews at the games.

He declined to comment on the claim that Qatar banned warm kosher food and public Jewish prayer."

re: Prayer:

Sources in Jewish organizations told The Jerusalem Post that Qatar broke another promise to allow Jewish prayer services in Doha during the games, claiming it couldn’t secure this type of activity and then banned it completely.

“We were promised to be allowed to create prayer spaces in order for religious Jews who came to see the games to have a place of worship,” a representative of a Jewish organization said. “We were recently told that they banned places of worship for Jews because they cannot secure them.”

I really wish Gary Neville would just shut up these days. It's just annoying listening to him preach about stuff all the time when he's one of the biggest hypocrites in the media.
I enjoyed seeing him lampooned by Ian hislop on hignfy....what the hell was he doing on there anyway...he's a complete twat!

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of it and the armband, at some point our players need to focus on the football. Let’s just hope we aren’t getting too sidetracked with the politics of things because that will quickly be blamed if we don’t beat Iran tomorrow

Whilst I agree with the sentiment of it and the armband, at some point our players need to focus on the football. Let’s just hope we aren’t getting too sidetracked with the politics of things because that will quickly be blamed if we don’t beat Iran tomorrow

Good point........ A (ahem) certain contingent will be feeeewmin'!

Back
Top Bottom