The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would be more up for it if Poch had shown some form of skill.

Just complete ineptitude. I knew the Palace game was too good to be true.

We were headless chicken against the Scum at home. Philosophy. Yeah.

We were the better team in the 0-1 loss last season. We are a better team now. Could argue that City are as well though. Lamela had a real good game that day, lets hope he keeps up his recent form, we get Son and Eriksen behind Kane too and Dier bossing central midfield with Alli and we have a chance.

Defence will have to be on top of their game, which they have been in the past two league games.

Potch is a fucking joke and a chancer...
City are going to rape us, but at least we rested players last night. How he thinks this game is more important, just shows what a fucking twat he is...
Spurs 1- 4 City

Last chance for Kane in the 1st XI. If he is still rubbish, then it's time to consider using Son or N'Jie upfront. Can't always be a default starter just because of what he did last season.

But Kane can hold the ball up, we are talking about an out and out striker. His performances have been ok, it's the lack of goals that have been the issue and last night he very unlucky.

Son has played as a second striker apparently but not an out and out and Nije is a winger. We are going to have to be fucking lucky for either Nije, Son or Chadli to pick up Kane's role as well as he can play it.

Look at Stoke, Kane went off the pitch and our shape when to shit. It's a big ask for any of our players to do what Kane does for us.

But Kane can hold the ball up, we are talking about an out and out striker. His performances have been ok, it's the lack of goals that have been the issue and last night he very unlucky.

Son has played as a second striker apparently but not an out and out and Nije is a winger. We are going to have to be fucking lucky for either Nije, Son or Chadli to pick up Kane's role as well as he can play it.

Look at Stoke, Kane went off the pitch and our shape when to shit. It's a big ask for any of our players to do what Kane does for us.

Luck excuse can only be used for a period of time.

As long as Son or N'Jie can score, it doesn't matter if their real role is an out to out striker.

Unless the other players are slacking in training, they deserve a chance at the 1st XI if another player has not deliver. Isn't that how Kane actually broke into the 1st XI?

Luck excuse can only be used for a period of time.

As long as Son or N'Jie can score, it doesn't matter if their real role is an out to out striker.

Unless the other players are slacking in training, they deserve a chance at the 1st XI if another player has not deliver. Isn't that how Kane actually broke into the 1st XI?

If son and Nije can score then play them but they don't need to be played as the striker. Kane's role is far more than scoring, look at how poorly Soldado did as the lone striker, it wasn't just the lack of goals it was the total inability to hold up the ball and bring other players into the game, he was always in every defenders pocket.

In our system the striker has to be able to do the type of things Kane does unless we are willing to change the system.

Yeah, this is an "I'm ready to get this taste out of my mouth" match thread. Time to put Fazio back under his rock, smash City, and keep our league form rolling.
oS9ls8t.jpg

[formation=4231, Hugo, Kyle, Toby, Jan, Danny, Eric, Delle, Erik, Christian, Son, B.A.][/formation]

Erik ChristianSon

The superhuman test tube love child spliced from all 3 players genes, destined to lead us to the promised land (sponsored by Mastercard).

This is a huge game for Poch. Win it with his preferred XI & he can justify his disappointing (& failed) team selection last night. Lose it & people will rightly say he should have gone with his best XI against the scum. I think he fucked it up last night. Badly. I also think we will lose on Saturday, even with our strongest team. Sadly, Citeh are better than us by some margin. Which makes last nights selection even more baffling. Win the games you know you can with your best team (especially against your fiercest rivals in a cup). Accept that there are certain teams you don't expect to beat. If you beat them, it's a pleasant surprise. But by Saturday afternoon, we will still be out of the cup & probably no more points on the board. That will be a bad week all round. Let's just hope that we do those fuckers on Saturday against the odds.

I very very seldom get to go to the game, but as today is my birthday I did a search and have actually bought a ticket! Where do the TFC people go beforehand? I presume a pub, but which?

Back
Top Bottom