The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although, in all likelihood, we'll have sunk down a few spots in the table once everyone else has played their fixtures, I think this certainly takes the heat off Poch. I don't think it changes what happened a few days ago simply because we won today (that line up was still a mistake IMO). But it does show that he is capable of having the team turn up for the big games. Now hopefully we can get some development of understanding between the newer guys and play as a more cohesive unit from today onwards, and also drum into them that they need to show up for the supposedly "less important" matches.

I also think Kane scoring today will be massive for his confidence. Hopefully if he finds his form again, we might be looking at an average of a goal a game from him and Son combined, which I think could help us significantly. Nice to see Lamela actually do something for a change as well.

TBF he wasn't the only one saying the whole team / manager should be sacked and the club should be blasted into the sun 48hrs ago. He's just their poster boy.
On the contrary. I was one of the ones that was criticising Poch for Wednesday. I did and still do have serious doubts about his long term ability to progress. But the difference between me and some of them is that I don't say this to point score at some point down the road, nor do say it just to moan for the sake of it. I said that stuff out of frustration and an attempt at objectivity. But that frustration was born out of a desire to push forward and see the club achieve things. If Poch does the business then I'm happy. So when we get a great win like today it is, even if by a very small, short term amount, progress. Therefore I see it as something to be happy about. I cannot understand the mentality of any fan who would avoid celebrating with other fans due to some misplaced pride issue. I think that's desperately sad.

TBF he wasn't the only one saying the whole team / manager should be sacked and the club should be blasted into the sun 48hrs ago. He's just their poster boy.
Its pathetic that the only time he doesnt post is after a good victory. So far he has said that Lamela, Ali and Dier were not good enough. The latest one he says is shit is Carroll, so put some money on him for the England 2016

He's a massive improvement on what we had before, but he's also been shocking in a few matches too. He's the player I wanted more than anyone this summer though, and I'm very happy for him today. Great match.
I always had faith in him. I thought it was a great signing, possibly the best of the summer. I was baffled at all the fans saying he was shit earlier in the season. I think he's better than Verts personally.

The fact that Bentaleb and Mason are set to come back only makes me more moist.
Actually, I wouldn't mind just giving them time and letting this line up have the next game. See if they have any consistency.

I don't think we should get carried away with this result, as we beat Chelsea last year and then went back to average, so I'd rather see Poch work on what he thinks is his first 11 rather than necessarily having a changed line up for most games.

I always had faith in him. I thought it was a great signing. I was baffled at all the fans saying he was shit earlier in the season. I think he's better than Verts personally.

I don't know about better, but he's definitely on par with Jan. Most importantly though, he makes Verts play MUCH better and they're a great CB pairing. I actually think that if they can keep up their defense there's a chance that Belgium starts playing them as their CB's too.

I don't know about better, but he's definitely on par with Jan. Most importantly though, he makes Verts play MUCH better and they're a great CB pairing. I actually think that if they can keep up their defense there's a chance that Belgium starts playing them as their CB's too.
Pretty sure they already played together at last year's WC.

Actually, I wouldn't mind just giving them time and letting this line up have the next game. See if they have any consistency.

I don't think we should get carried away with this result, as we beat Chelsea last year and then went back to average, so I'd rather see Poch work on what he thinks is his first 11 rather than necessarily having a changed line up for most games.

I'm happy with the starting lineup, I'm just glad we will have solid options on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom