The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty sure they already played together at last year's WC.

Funny thing is they both play full back for Belgium as Kompany and another bloke in the middle

With the formation when keeper has ball the full backs push on, Jan and Toby go left and right, Dier drops in so they have to be happy on ball and in wide positions, very smart signing

Great result from Spurs and great team effort, everyone played well which makes a nice change. Glad Kane finally scores now the press csn shut up.
COYS

Well if there was ever a performance needed to get over Wednesday's debacle this was it.. What an outstanding result..
Those who continue to slate this side need to fuck right off and look at the potential of this squad.
There is something special brewing here and I am so happy to be a part of it..
Anyone who moaned at Dier being used as a DM need to have a good hard look,at themselves, he is an absolute rock. The back four are growing into one of the best we've had for many a year.
As for Eric Lamela, that was by far his best game in a Spurs shirt, you need to look at the support these young guys give each other. The team spirit is awesome..
I and everyone were so relieved when Harry scored it was such a happy stadium..
N'jie looked very lively as well and is going to be a major asset..

Has anyone seen that Odious Prick sammyspurs sammyspurs ? My god did this game and performance prove what a clueless, pathetic little man he is..
I'll deal more with him later I'm too happy with our performance today to worry about that Twat.

This team is growing with confidence and I can see it getting better and better. The future of this team is so bright there ain't a pair of shades strong enough to stop me getting blinded ( fuck that was corny but I don't even care )
This really was one of those special days at WHL and a game that will be talked about for a long time..
Can't speak highly enough of those players today..

Well if there was ever a performance needed to get over Wednesday's debacle this was it.. What an outstanding result..
Those who continue to slate this side need to fuck right off and look at the potential of this squad.
Anyone who moaned at Dier being used as a DM need to have a good hard look,at themselves, he is an absolute rock. The back four are growing into one of the best we've had for many a year.
As for Eric Lamela, that was by far his best game in a Spurs shirt, you need to look at the support these young guys give each other. The team spirit is awesome..

Has anyone seen that Odious Prick sammyspurs sammyspurs ? My god did this game and performance prove what a clueless, pathetic little man he is..
I'll deal more with him later I'm too happy with our performance today to worry about that Twat.

This team is growing with confidence and I can see it getting better and better. The future of this team is so bright there ain't a pair of shades strong enough to stop me getting blinded ( fuck that was corny but I don't even care )
This really was one of those special days at WHL and a game that will be talked about for a long time..
It was a great result and an well executed performance, but so was Chelsea last season. Best not to get carried away. If we go on a good run and start executing performances like this every few games or so, than that's the time to get excited IMO.

It was a great result and an well executed performance, but so was Chelsea last season. Best not to get carried away. If we go on a good run and start executing performances like this every few games or so, than that's the time to get excited IMO.

It's not everyday you see a performance like that.I am going to savour it and enjoy it.
A few beers and a performance like that it's hard not to get carried away.. Great day, im happy.

You're so happy you going to say well done to West Ham for getting a point next aren't you? ;)

Unfortunately I am at work today, but it has made my day better.
Colleagues asking me did I go out last night and am I still pissed :)

Gotta give credit to pelligrini....he quite easily could of come out whining about offsides today, but he didn't he just got on with it....shows the class of the man.....mourinho would of had a fucking fit

Sorry haven't read thread yet.

Great team performance today, everyone contributed including the subs.

I thought we were outplayed by a quality Citeh side in the first half, whilst there were pockets for nice interchanging we look very dysfunctional, with the game littered with both forced and unforced errors. We didn't have control of the midfield, BUT it was clear the desire and effort was there but the football, with a few minor moments, wasn't there. Second half we got the ball down and Ali and Dier started to impose themselves on the game and began winning the midfield, it was a case of just watching Citeh wilt like a rotten stinking corpse.

Kane's work rate was epic today. Dier another impressive game, Davies deserves a mention who was very solid, Vertonghen is back to playing like his first season, with the ball at his feet he looks imperious alongside an assured Toby A. Lloris magnificent goalkeeping (but is kicking is still fucking diabolical). Lamela MOTM as I thought he was the only one that played in the first half as well as the second.

Apparently this was the youngest team to have ever been fielded in the Premier League today.....Fucking Hell!!!!

Last words I'll save for Poch, you made this a must win game today and we did and did in style. So, fair play BUT you are not forgiven for the team selection on Wed but I can now move on.

Back
Top Bottom