The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think I might be the meltiest cunt on this forum

That will be because you are made entirely of butter I reckon.

homepage_range.jpg

Not trying to be a dick here, but you can't honestly say that you felt good in preseason about him as our starting DM can you?

He's doing incredibly and he's been our best player so far this season without question, but I think that the vast majority of people didn't think it would work past maybe the first few matches.

Love the kid though and he definitely deserves to play in an England shirt very soon.

Yes I did.. There was a thread here about favourite player and I said Eric Dier in defence or midfield.. I'll try and find it later.. I was happy to see him take the DM role but I didn't realise how good he would be..

Still can't believe it...

I know there were 4 goals, but what I really loved to see when all the players still kept focused after the game was put to bed. You can see it so well in the closing minutes - every single player watches the ball and makes sure he is in position with the others. The Leicester and Stoke games seem to have a good effect in the end.

Still can't believe it...

I know there were 4 goals, but what I really loved to see when all the players still kept focused after the game was put to bed. You can see it so well in the closing minutes - every single player watches the ball and makes sure he is in position with the others. The Leicester and Stoke games seem to have a good effect in the end.
That's been my biggest beef in the last couple of years. Not staying alert till the end. Thrown away more points than I care to remember because of that

I don't think anyone saw that coming, particularly after going 1-0 down! Great performance and great result.
Dier has made such a difference to our team, it's hard to see Bentaleb or Mason coming back in when fit. It's nice to have so many options after Capoue, Paulinho and Stambouli though. Numbers rather than quality.

I know some of the goals were offside but sometimes that luck goes for you. De Bruyne was marginally offside too so you could scrap that goal.
Son also pinched a goal on the line whereas had he left it maybe we'd have had five rather than four.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned but why do we never attack the Park Lane in the second half? I always think that we should, coincidental no doubt but we scored three second half goals today too.
On to the next game. Bring on Monaco!

Ah a perfect day a great game a great win and Lamela coming of age ,the streets are safe and the troops are on the way back to
tumblr_nuq3tnOLmK1tcmju5o1_500.gif
barracks .Are we fuck now to get wasted thrashing the taffs

Just watched game again, if Davies plays many more like that rose is going to struggle to make team, not really sure how I feel about that but it's massive compared to LB issues we've had for a long time now

Just watched game again, if Davies plays many more like that rose is going to struggle to make team, not really sure how I feel about that but it's massive compared to LB issues we've had for a long time now

On the few occasions Davies played last year I thought he was pretty pony, but his addition galvanised Rose and I thought he ended up having a solid season. Davies seems to have really pushed on a bit recently himself. Having players competing for positions can only be a good thing for us.

I just figured it out. Poch talking up the NLD as being a big game was a head fake to throw Pelligrini off, who thought that his squad would have an extra day's rest over ours. This was his plan all along.
:pochsmirk:

Back
Top Bottom