The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went straight to the game from the airport, had visions of spending most of the time looking at my eyelids - absolutely cream crackered as only managed an hour's kip on the plane. But so glad I made it. Great second half, every player played their part, but special call outs to the following:
Thought Eric had a blinder, such a mature performance.
Lamela was pretty effective and ran his heart out.
So happy for Harry, his work rate is never in any doubt but unfortunately, he is now judged soley on how many goals he scores and his critics really need to a good kick up the backside, for putting so much pressure on his young shoulders.
Hugo again made crucial saves, his importance to our team cannot be stressed enough.
Toby and Jan are developing into a class double act, complementing each other well.
My only gripe was with the ref - can't believe the yellow cards he doled out .... and the ones he didn't!

CP2ip9ZWUAAzXwm.jpg:large

Top day out. Top performance.

Haven't left a stadium feeling like that in a long time.

City fans are some of the worst I've come across. Even when they've pasted us they don't sing, but I genuinely heard nothing from them for about 80 minutes.

Now for MOTD. :freundgoal:

The pass from N'Jie for Lamela's goal was perfect.
:clintonohshit:
Sweet watching it all unfold the second time around on MOTD. May make it a hat trick of viewings with a lovely cold beer & a decent stream.

An emotional day.
I had to move my daughter into her Uni digs today so recorded the match, ensured no chance of learning the result and have just finished watching it.
When City scored a marginally offside goal after Walker's shocking excuse for a pass I assumed that normal service would be restored. Capitulation against our bogey team. Again.
I was determined though to see the whole game "live" and so I did. When Eric scored our blatantly offside equaliser on the stroke of halftime I felt that we could hold what was a weakened City team at worst.
What a pleasure the second half was.
Loris was outstanding, as per usual.
Vertonghen made some excellent runs in the first half, and together with Alderwiedheld was simply superb in defence.
Davies was a revelation. Even when exposed 2 against 1 his "none shall pass" stance was delightful.
Walker was OK, but has no footballing brain, so no surprise there.
Dier is a Spurs icon already, which given his age, is extraordinary. One yellow card away from suspension, sadly.
Alli is not a DM, but is so, so good he can do a job there. Very excited about him.
Eriksen is a bit rusty, but what a player he is.
Son was superb in defence, making tackle after tackle. He will be a key player for us.
Lamelaaaaaaaa! An epic performance. Loads of mistakes, but his will to succeed and his innate talent finally told. I have hated on this bloke and I love the fact that I may be proved totally wrong.
Harry Kane. Thank fuck for that.

Credit to BT Sports for allowing Glenn Hoddle to cancel out Michael Owen's inane jibber jabber and for pissing on Sky's lamentable football coverage from a great height.

Apologies for being a negative cunt and predicting a mere 2-1 win earlier in this thread.

I am looking forward to reading this thread while watching MOTD.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Back
Top Bottom