The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was ' tired and emotional' after getting in from the pub after the rugby but I am pretty sure that MOTD did not focus too much on citehs off side goal that was allowed? But were over analysing our ' off sides' to the hilt?

A LOT of talk this morning about the 3 offside goals... fine, scrub 'em... I'd still be happy with the 2-0 win that was left!
The game according to MOTD:
- their goal was only a toe offside and not worthy of a replay or discussion.
- our two were offside and given lots of attention.
- We were gifted the lead (no credit for us).
- Would have been different had Kompany been playing, thus its lucky Spurs.

We just beat the most expensive team in the league 4-1. They barely had a shot the second half as we dominated them so much. The bias against us really pisses me off, we deserve much more credit for it. Thought we were solid defensively, in midfield and strong in attack. A quality team performance

First game at whl in over two years, needless to say I enjoyed it. Lamela being a 30 million player baffled me and good to see those noisy mancs that annoyed me pre game were out of the ground at min 75 lol ...

We just beat the most expensive team in the league 4-1. They barely had a shot the second half as we dominated them so much. The bias against us really pisses me off, we deserve much more credit for it. Thought we were solid defensively, in midfield and strong in attack. A quality team performance

The media did not take kindly to us pushing Redknapp out the door. Since then we've been treated as suspects.
Doesn't help that half of them are Woolwich supporters and/or players.

Sooner or later they will start sucking up to Spurs again though, with all the English players and what not.

Yeah, Dier would have been furious after watching it...

That thing at the end of the sentence is a question mark, no?

However, as harmony should be our default setting after yesterday's demolition of our bogey team, I will be ascribing Mystic Meg style weight to your predictions from now on.

:pocheyes:
My crystal ball is telling me that the harmony on here won't last long. Especially not when your champion logs back on

Did sammy post at all during or after the game?? I'm guessing no, that really sums him up..

Not a peep. He was being a cunt posting all morning & suddenly nothing. He must have flooded his keyboard with tears of rage. How dare Spurs do this to him when he was on a roll eh? What's the betting his first post is along the lines of "great result, why is everyone talking about ME instead?" To be fair he has a point.

I was at a wedding but thanks for missing me.

Fantastic result, and will watch the game later. Poch proving me wrong, as is Lamela.....couldnt be happier about it.

What a shame that in the aftermath of such an emphatic victory, that you watched, felt, and was part of, that all you could think about was me. Tragic.

COYS

Great to read all the views on here from everyone who was at the game. Sadly, with family obligations, I wasn't able to follow or take in the match really. Only saw MOTD, which gave the impression we were very lucky to win; seems that isn't true, and we gave a really dominant 2nd half display. Great that HK got his goal, but his place has never been at risk for me as his overall gameplay has been strong all season. But overall, to dominate that MC midfield like we did is seriously impressive.

I was at a wedding but thanks for missing me.

Fantastic result, and will watch the game later. Poch proving me wrong, as is Lamela.....couldnt be happier about it.

What a shame that in the aftermath of such an emphatic victory, that you watched, felt, and was part of, that all you could think about was me. Tragic.

COYS

Let me guess......."The Vicar stumbled through the ceremony, no free bar, no canapes, the Best Man got so pissed his speech was a shambles, the Bridesmaid turned you down.......you'll give the Marriage a year"

Let me guess......."The Vicar stumbled through the ceremony, no free bar, no canapes, the Best Man got so pissed his speech was a shambles, the Bridesmaid turned you down.......you'll give the Marriage a year"

Great result. Just watched the first half......thoroughly well played.
Gonna enjoy the second half now.....what a weekend for Spurs!

Totally loving it...have a nice day if you can.

I was at the match today and WOW, what a second half performance, as well as a thoroughly deserved result.

Our defence looked really solid and Eric Dier is becoming an absolute beast in the centre of midfield breaking-up the play. Ben Davies possibly had his best ever game in our colours today and I was also really impressed with Lamela, as he really did put in a shift for us.

Apart from when they scored in the first half, I didn't hear anything from the Man City fans at all. Didn't even hear them respond to our chant of "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN YOU WERE SHIT".

So proud to support our great club today and we have proved the critics in the media wrong again, who all predicted an easy win for City. #COYS
Love games like yesterday. The Lane rocking, the team capable of beating anyone, players playing out their skin, away fans skulking. So glad we kept Lamela now. And I hate Man City. A very happy day!

Back
Top Bottom