The "A-Team" vs. MANCHESTER CITY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did the stats take into account their injuries to key players? Low quality shots? Like Lamelas that nearly took out Saturn?

Live by the maths, die by the maths.

I think so. But you thinking so just makes you completely un-objective with a 100% bias.
We've been better in every game this season to you.

You probably think we were no better yesterday than we were against Woolwich, which is why your method is shite.
"You thinking so makes you completely unobjective"

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much.

"You probably think"

So, you don't know what I think, but want to put words in my mouth so you can let yourself feel superior.

Sammy, you were wrong. You've been screaming to the heavens that we were doomed. You attack anyone with anything positive to say about the team. Then, when the team does well you pretend you never said anything and pick fights with people in an attempt to bury your past in bullshit.

I said this team was better than the results indicated. They showed that to everyone yesterday. You should try being a more positive supporter, especially at the low points. You'd have more fun.

What a shame that in the aftermath of such an emphatic victory, that you watched, felt, and was part of, that all you could think about was me. Tragic.

COYS
Jesus - just how big is your ego?
You have been poisoning this site for weeks now with your boring, monotonous, disloyal and relentless condemnation of anything and everything concerning the club - and you wonder why everyone was so fucking pleased that you had to endure your prophesy falling apart like wet shit in a thunderstorm?

You had a thread started about banning you - and you actually think you came out of it on top, because people were principled enough not to want a ban for holding an opinion - no matter how rancorous and toxic they are.

Delusional.

UifMTLH.jpg

always great to see Spurs getting credits in portuguese newspapers :townhmm:

You have been poisoning this site for weeks now with your boring, monotonous, disloyal and relentless condemnation of anything and everything concerning the club - and you wonder why everyone was so fucking pleased that you had to endure your prophesy falling apart like wet shit in a thunderstorm?

You had a thread started about banning you - and you actually think you came out of it on top, because people were principled enough not to want a ban for holding an opinion - no matter how rancorous and toxic they are.

Delusional.

Nice while it lasted huh?

Last edited:
Yeah, Pellegrini is a boss manager. The news would have exploded this into a 'scandal' if Mourinho or WEnger had been playing us.

Delusional.

What a cracking game that was. Lamela is surprising me to the fullest, and couldnt be happier to be wrong that there was no hope for him.

Poch did good. He made amends for the errors in midweek, and we were focused and pumped.
What a brilliant way to bounce back.

Great weekend, roll on Monaco.

Delusional.
As sure as eggs are eggs, after a top performance & result, he returns with "why is everyone focussing on ME"? followed by an attack on someone else about the match stats. He just can't resist & tries to find arguments to deflect away from what an utter prick he made of himself up until he went to a wedding half way through the match yesterday. Little man syndrome for sure.

Sammy, you were wrong. You've been screaming to the heavens that we were doomed. You attack anyone with anything positive to say about the team. Then, when the team does well you pretend you never said anything and pick fights with people in an attempt to bury your past in bullshit.

I was wrong about certain aspects. Im glad I was wrong.

Beating City and Palace by playing very good football does not make the poor games (Sunderland, Leicester) any better than they were though (performance wise)

I am happy I was wrong that there is hope for Lamela. I have no problem being wrong, if by being wrong, Spurs benefit.

The stats say City were better, The stats lied. You think we were better despite the stats this time though. Your method of rating games is 1000% biased, so as people have been saying, next time, let your eyes do the work, whether we play well or not eh.

Good to see we are all still celebrating a fantastic win.

I think Sami needs to bore off to the bin for a bit again.....

Edit: and mental, can't we just enjoy the moment without having a massive tear up?

I didnt see the game, or post up until today.

Then I see people calling me out, and wondering "why hasnt Sammy posted, must be gutted we won" etc.....so I posted how happy I am about the performance. Not sure why that should see me binned.

Or have you a massive issue with me disagreeing with the stats that say City were better, and asking why someone who only judges matches on stats, is now disagreeing with the stats all of a sudden?

I was wrong about certain aspects. Im glad I was wrong.

Beating City and Palace by playing very good football does not make the poor games (Sunderland, Leicester) any better than they were though (performance wise)

I am happy I was wrong that there is hope for Lamela. I have no problem being wrong, if by being wrong, Spurs benefit.

The stats say City were better, The stats lied. You think we were better despite the stats this time though. Your method of rating games is 1000% biased, so as people have been saying, next time, let your eyes do the work, whether we play well or not eh.
:pochfacepalm:

"The stats"? There're some monolithic definitive stats?

You cited some statistics. You also managed to call them charts. I cited different ones, and explained what I thought.

Stats don't lie. You do. Now, fuck off. You're interfering with my enjoyment of a coffee and a second viewing of the match.

What a cracking game that was. Lamela is surprising me to the fullest, and couldnt be happier to be wrong that there was no hope for him.

Poch did good. He made amends for the errors in midweek, and we were focused and pumped.
What a brilliant way to bounce back.

Great weekend, roll on Monaco.
Thumbs up. Still the Woolwich game was terrible, but at least there came something from it.

Thumbs up. Still the Woolwich game was terrible, but at least there came something from it.

Couldnt agree more.

At the time I would have swapped those results, but not now, after seeing that game from yesterday. Losing to them kills, and we got it very wrong.

But, the mentality to bounce back like this goes a lot further than reserve team win against the scum in the CC.

So, fair do's to Poch.

Back
Top Bottom