The latest on the potential 5th CL spot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So do you get the same amount of co-ef points for a win in the EL as you do in the CL?

Italy getting an extra CL spot whilst doing fuck all of note in the CL would be a massive fail and indictment of this process.
Inter got to the final last season.
2pts for a win, one for draw in all comps.

Not sure that’s correct at all. Last nights results were shit, but there is a lot of football still to be played.

View: https://x.com/lilywhite_rose/status/1766012240912658793?s=61&t=lOJ_HDnbTWvSuVGs5km_Hg

The daft thing about all this is you get extra bonus pt for getting through each round but you don’t get any extra for winning the competition. Not impossible that we could win them all . Italy had a team in each final last season and lost the lot.
West Ham need to knock Freiburg out.

Inter got to the final last season.
2pts for a win, one for draw in all comps.

I did mean in terms of this year, but sure............ (They're probably benefiting disproportionately from Jose winning the conference league a couple of years ago too.)

Anyone expecting an Italian CL finalist this season?

I don't like this thread tbh.

I think our focus should be on finishing 4th and leaving our destiny in our own hands.

Of course... And I'm sure at the club end of things it will be.

Where I do concur wholly though is that this little 4th or 5th side-saga every season is gonna get fucking tedious very quickly.

I did mean in terms of this year, but sure............ (They're probably benefiting disproportionately from Jose winning the conference league a couple of years ago too.)

Anyone expecting an Italian CL finalist this season?
Inter are a decent team. City look miles better than anybody but nobody else outstanding.

We usually walk it. Blame United and Newcastle for being crap.

Becoming pre-occupied with co-ef points is very much modern football wankery......

Last night for example; I don't want reasons to not take glee from seeing West Ham or Villa (as current rivals) doing poorly.

Perhaps worth looking at european results by country - as that's Spurs interest in seeing if PL gets a 5th place or not.

CL Results on Tuesday/Wednesday (round of 16) this week and last week :

Germany beat Italy
Spain beat France
England beat Denmark
Spain beat Germany
England beat Portugal
Spain beat Italy
Spain beat Italy
Germany beat Netherlands

Italy were way ahead in pole position to get an extra CL place, maybe this makes them less ahead

Germany were ahead of England to get an extra CL place, maybe these results narrow the gap a little.

Spain were a long way out of the running, hopefully these results don't help them too much !

Europa League and Europa Conference League tonight, which includes Liverpool, Brighton, Wham and Villa - key England v Germany match is West Ham v Freiberg where Freiberg start 2nd leg with a one goal advantage (gulp ..... )

Looking at that new format I don't even really want to be part of it. Come 5th in the league qualify. Then come 9th to 24th in your group and play a play off and still get through to the knock out stages. What about any of that is champions. Diabolical.

Looking at that new format I don't even really want to be part of it. Come 5th in the league qualify. Then come 9th to 24th in your group and play a play off and still get through to the knock out stages. What about any of that is champions. Diabolical.

It's shit.

.....And being left rallying behind other English clubs because of co-eff. points is so cringingly modern football. Fucking gross.

Perhaps worth looking at european results by country - as that's Spurs interest in seeing if PL gets a 5th place or not.

CL Results on Tuesday/Wednesday (round of 16) this week and last week :

Germany beat Italy
Spain beat France
England beat Denmark
Spain beat Germany
England beat Portugal
Spain beat Italy
Spain beat Italy
Germany beat Netherlands

Italy were way ahead in pole position to get an extra CL place, maybe this makes them less ahead

Germany were ahead of England to get an extra CL place, maybe these results narrow the gap a little.

Spain were a long way out of the running, hopefully these results don't help them too much !

Europa League and Europa Conference League tonight, which includes Liverpool, Brighton, Wham and Villa - key England v Germany match is West Ham v Freiberg where Freiberg start 2nd leg with a one goal advantage (gulp ..... )

Based on the results so far, England are now down to a 61% chance of getting an extra CL place.

Tonight is very important.

It's shit.

.....And being left rallying behind other English clubs because of co-eff. points is so cringingly modern football. Fucking gross.

I bet the new layout lasts a max of 3 seasons before they revert to the one that’s existed for decades. It’s a fudge to combat the super league. That’s what it will spurn actually. A uefa super league of divisions.

How many times have champions of the previous league season won the CL since its inception??

It’s just a money making exercise for UEFA and the big clubs. Nothing more.

And we have been more than happy to be a part of it with our illustrious record of last winning the league in 1961.

I bet the new layout lasts a max of 3 seasons before they revert to the one that’s existed for decades. It’s a fudge to combat the super league. That’s what it will spurn actually. A uefa super league of divisions.

It's does feel a bit 'golden goal' doesn't it.

Yeah it's mental that a team who can finish 24th can go on to win the whole thing.

It's a glorified Super League format. It won't last.

Based on the results so far, England are now down to a 61% chance of getting an extra CL place.

Tonight is very important.

Not really that important . We are going to finish 4th.

Guaranteed. I’ve anyway spent my Top4 winnings!

Watch Villa collapse this final part of the season.
Still not really sure why people think they are our equals. They are not. Proven this last weekend.
Levels below us.

Don’t worry yourself.

Back
Top Bottom