The Mighty Spurs vs ФК Анжи Махачкала

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got pulled out by a copper purely ‘cos I was standing at the end of the row near the exit, was the easiest target. Gave me a bollocking, was told not to use the word again during the night and sent on my way. It was a pointless exercise for all involved, the copper was obviously doing it ‘cos he’d been ordered to by “the powers that be” and they “needed to be seen to be doing something”. There was no point me venting off ‘cos he can’t do bugger all about it. It just meant I missed out on 10 minutes of the game and he missed out on 10 minutes leaning up against the wall.
Did say that I hope he’s around next week and working the same shift within the Wham fans, apparently that’s a different matter altogether.

I got pulled out by a copper purely ‘cos I was standing at the end of the row near the exit, was the easiest target. Gave me a bollocking, was told not to use the word again during the night and sent on my way. It was a pointless exercise for all involved, the copper was obviously doing it ‘cos he’d been ordered to by “the powers that be” and they “needed to be seen to be doing something”. There was no point me venting off ‘cos he can’t do bugger all about it. It just meant I missed out on 10 minutes of the game and he missed out on 10 minutes leaning up against the wall.
Did say that I hope he’s around next week and working the same shift within the Wham fans, apparently that’s a different matter altogether.

...didn't you say it's all about CUNTEXT!

I was by the steps of 34 for the Sherriff game when I got mine. Couldn't be bothered to argue because I just wanted to go back and watch the game. I wish I had now.

Although maybe they'll be worth something in a hundred years.

N4GWqfB.jpg

#Ywordhipster
:bentley:

A gripe though - what's with the ridiculously long Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn at the end of the verses of Glory Glory? That's not the way it's usually sung is it? .

Oh dear
:avbfacepalm:

The slow version is the proper Spurs one from the 60's unlike the new Chas'n Dave/Man Utd style version where people sing "on on on"

A gripe though - what's with the ridiculously long Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn at the end of the verses of Glory Glory? That's not the way it's usually sung is it? It makes it so difficult to keep the momentum going to the next verse as nobody ever knows when it's going to start, and different people try to start the next verse at different times.

I love that!

My gripe with that song is that other than that last Onnnnnnnnnn, we sing the verse way to quick, and even clap! The whole verse should be slow and no clapping at all.

Oh dear

The slow version is the proper Spurs one from the 60's unlike the new Chas'n Dave/Man Utd style version where people sing "on on on"

His problem is that the "ooooooooonnnnnnnn" is held for 1 maybe 1-1/2 minutes. The song just dies out and you end up with this flat song that nobody knows when the next verse starts (which doesn't get sung because of this)

Why did people not sing the second verse of Spurs are on their way to Wembley?

Sung loudly, but everyone repeated the first verse then went straight to the Ossie's dream bit.

Could change Keithy's army to Andre's army.

not forgetting to update the Argentine angle;

...in our ranks there's Erik Lamela!!!!

a 2-3-4....
...in our ranks there's Erik Lamela
he's had a 'mare for a month or so...
...but one day, he's gonna speak de Ingleeesh,
he's learnt the al-pha-bet to 'O'!
Erik you're gonna be in lessons...
stay in there until you can...
we know you're gonna be fluent...
and say; 'T' for Totting-ham!!!

I've already got mine.....
Comme-des-Garcons-Junya-Watanabe-Man-Wool-Hopsack-Duffle-Coat-1.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else think Holtby wanted to take that the other way, he's half turning to his right before realising the ball isn't going there.

well, if he did change his mind at the last second, it's fucking quick thinking and improvisation on his part!
win-win!!

Oh dear

I love that!

My gripe with that song is that other than that last Onnnnnnnnnn, we sing the verse way to quick, and even clap! The whole verse should be slow and no clapping at all.
His problem is that the "ooooooooonnnnnnnn" is held for 1 maybe 1-1/2 minutes. The song just dies out and you end up with this flat song that nobody knows when the next verse starts (which doesn't get sung because of this)
Exactly, @ BigYid1882 BigYid1882 . The whole thing should be sung very slowly, without claps, and the 'on' should be held for 3 or 4 seconds, then a deep breath, then into the next verse. It shouldn't be held for a whole fucking minute!

I've been wanting to do an 1882 since it started but can't permission from the wife for the non 1st team games and I have a season ticket in Block 32 with mates who don't want to move. However, last night none of my mates turned up and then I got pissed off with the people around me (casual racism, calling Soldado a useless, lazy cunt when he's scored 2 goals) and the stewards (telling us to sit down) so I moved to Block 35.

Loved it. A great atmosphere with decent songs, which brought back memories. The policing and stewarding was ridiculously over zealous - in contrast there were no police at all in Block 32. No problem with the 'Friedel, what's the score?' chant. As other have said it's frequently sung at keepers. Unlike some, Friedel doesn't allow himself to be distracted by it. Also have no problem with shoes off (but didn't join in personally - takes too long to take my boots off) or pogo.

Oh When the Spurs is still too fast though...

Back
Top Bottom