The Mighty Tottenham v Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah and also most teams really don't press them - the majority just try to defend their penalty area and hit them on the break.

Yeh was confused with that statement, other than teams like City and Bayern etc as you say most teams play on the counter against them. Arse can be hard to press with the like of Ox and Walcott hitting on the counter.

I don't see Arse injuries affecting them too much as they still have their best players, however they will lose speed without Ox and Walcott which means we should be able to press with less fear on the counter.

Yeh was confused with that statement, other than teams like City and Bayern etc as you say most teams play on the counter against them. Arse can be hard to press with the like of Ox and Walcott hitting on the counter.

I don't see Arse injuries affecting them too much as they still have their best players, however they will lose speed without Ox and Walcott which means we should be able to press with less fear on the counter.

Joel Campbell is really really quick though.

I'm less interested in WHO will play and more interested in HOW Spurs play. Since they have injuries - do we attack them - but maybe leave ourselves open? Or do we sit back, play solid Defense and counter attack.

I'm less interested in WHO will play and more interested in HOW Spurs play. Since they have injuries - do we attack them - but maybe leave ourselves open? Or do we sit back, play solid Defense and counter attack.
We sat back last year and played on the counter.

Alli having a great start, but he looked poor on the counter vs Anderlecht. It would not surprise me if he starts on the bench and replaces any one of the Midfielders after the half.
Alli was playing in the #10 role that's why and he should never ever play there. He's much better as a box to box midfielder alongside Dier.

Back
Top Bottom