The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Try and play straight Sammy, I said he played better than Lucas did, I didn't say he played well. In fact there wasn't a single player from either side that I can say played well, it was a very poor quality game of football from both sides.

As for Tripps, are you aware that AM has had their worst ever start to a season in the 11 years under Simeone? We've scored 5 more goals than they have despite playing a game less and we're shit!! Sorry to have to break that news to you, it must be all those assists stats that cloud the judgment hey?!?
Worst ever start in 11 years?
They’re 2pts off top.....we’re they 1pt off top at this stage every year for the last decade?

Who Hoddle?

I love the player but as a Manager and as a pundit I think he's shit! Thought he was shit when he managed us at the time too. Never got a banner going though if that's what you mean, I'll leave all that shit to you lot.

I thought he was shit when he managed England too
His treatment of Gazza in 1998 was disgraceful
He couldn’t even tell him to his face that he wasn’t going be in the squad getting Glenn Roeder to do it
Then there was Eileen Drewery

Great player but a bit of a cunt imv

I’d argue it’s only Kane and N’Dombele that I believe are levels. Sonny needs to be more consistent and I believe in the long term quality of Sessegnon and Lo Celso. The rest are either growing (Sanchez/Foyth) inconsistent with flaws (Dele/Lucas/Lamela), overachievers (Sissoko) or in decline (Rose, Toby, Jan) their heart simply isn’t in it (Eriksen/Aurier).

Those last 5 players you've listed.

Who exactly do you blame for selecting 4 of them on Sunday? Almost half of our outfield players.

As you say, they're in decline and they're hearts aren't in it any more, so just what the fuck is Pochettino doing?

Those last 5 players you've listed.

Who exactly do you blame for selecting 4 of them on Sunday? Almost half of our outfield players.

As you say, they're in decline and they're hearts aren't in it any more, so just what the fuck is Pochettino doing?
I’ve said previously that they shouldn’t be at the club at all for Poch to be having to drop.

Now imagine you drop 5 players who have are big in the dressing room, and the kids/newbies you replace them with show inconsistency and the results still aren’t good. What do you think those players/their agents will be doing behind the scenes?!

Woolwich have 1 player in that situation in Mesut Özil and look at the disruption it is causing... you want us to put up with 5?!

So no specific tactics? Just Lucas instead of Kane?

LFC got that early break and then proceeded to sit deep, which as we’ve seen Newcastle do, pretty much nullifies Lucas ability to use his pace.

We needed to unlock that deep defence, that’s basically Eriksen’s responsibility and he GHOSTED.
Nah mate. These internet posters who know about 1% of what managers like klopp know about football, would have out done him tactically. Klopp wouldn't stand a chance against us fighting cock posters.

Last edited:
Nonsense. He told Adebayor he couldn’t rely on him, told Chadli and Mason (who he was fond of) that they were unlikely to get minutes cleared out a group of senior players that were quite dominant in the dressing room. Poch challenged Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela and Sissoko at various points.

Kane was on the bench when we won at Chelsea in April 18, he also rested him when we won 2-0 at Leicester last season.

The form is terrible, but now we’re resorting making up Narratives that he’s a coward?!

Trippier stayed that his problem wasn’t with Poch but Levy and co.
Big mistake letting Chadli go imo.

I’ve wanted Eriksen sold for 2 years so count me out. Dele is a different case, he’s comitted but is low on confidence and lost his edge, possibly Poch believes he can play him back into form.

You think Poch would take £149mil of the clubs money and then bury those for no reason? It’s clear that he has a long term goal in mind for all 3, they’re not cyborgs. I’ve seen enough moaning on here about not rushing Kane back over the years to know it’s a double edged sword.
Long term goal.....more like a 20 year goal....

Seriously though, whenever Kane doesn't score it's always "he doesn't look fit", always!

The players are blood tested at least once a day. We know when a player is redlining even before the player feels it himself.

We know when a player is fit or not.
Must have arms like pincushions. Or junkies!

I know he has flaws. His first touch is often naff and he struggles out wide. I’m aware of his limitations.

But why do we have this player who is really quick and could be devastating on the counter, and then never ever work on counter attacking football? We did it to an extent at the Etihad (and lucked out) and then at Anfield. But he leaves him on the bench. Just drop Eriksen. Fuck the midfield, we can’t hold onto the ball anyway.

I just want to see some sort of flexibility.

Also, sure some fans overrate him, but, on the other side, there are those that talk him down at every opportunity when he’s never been given a fair run of games. Dele played in that Colchester game too and he was fucking shit. He still gets all the game time he wants.

For every fan that overrates Moura there seems to be another one that wants to see him fail.
How can Lucas be properly rated on the amount of time he spends on the pitch. Most times hon, the game is practically over. It's very unfair for people to criticise him until he's been given a fair crack of the whip. Which isn't going to happen with the sulky schoolboy in charge.

But the tempo of the game wasn't incredible, quite the opposite in fact.

You do not have access to player data, nor does Hoddle one of our worst ever Managers. He was fit weeks before the final and we kept him under wraps especially for that game, his entire preparation was for that game I would have thought.

All of our shit performances in that ridiculous run into the 4th spot of the PL were without Kane too!! Go figure.
So who can predict the tempo of a game that hasn't started? Mystic fucking meg? You pick your best 11 and Lucas was the right pick. Harry struggled in that game. Poch single handedly removed our chance of lifting the trophy. I love Harry but he shouldn't have started. It's clear that Poch's stupid petty little likes and dislikes are ruining our game.

I thought he was shit when he managed England too
His treatment of Gazza in 1998 was disgraceful
He couldn’t even tell him to his face that he wasn’t going be in the squad getting Glenn Roeder to do it
Then there was Eileen Drewery

Great player but a bit of a cunt imv
A c**t, but a Christian c**t!

So who can predict the tempo of a game that hasn't started? Mystic fucking meg? You pick your best 11 and Lucas was the right pick. Harry struggled in that game. Poch single handedly removed our chance of lifting the trophy. I love Harry but he shouldn't have started. It's clear that Poch's stupid petty little likes and dislikes are ruining our game.
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!
Read my post again mate. The poster before it was giving quotes on why Lucas should have started and gave the reason as it was going to be a "high tempo game", a "game of high intensity". IT WASN'T.

Lucas isn't in our best 11!!! Or are you seriously suggesting that he is? And if you are back that up with proof, not just a one-off game that he's never repeated either previously or subsequently.

I can just see Poch now, plotting for weeks on end how he can deliberately put out the worst side, so he can lose the biggest game of his entire career.

It seems to me that Poch knew the 11 he wanted to start against Liverpool ever before a ball was kicked against Red Star, and went with that (with the possible exception of Lamela, who picked up an injury in the meantime).

Then he needs to stop acting like a dinosaur and be more flexible. It was a good performance full of energy and fight and he should have been looking at continuing with that. I took one look at the team sheet for Sunday and instantly thought that other than Son the team was devoid of any attacking pace and would struggle to hurt Liverpool and so it proved.

I’ve said previously that they shouldn’t be at the club at all for Poch to be having to drop.

Now imagine you drop 5 players who have are big in the dressing room, and the kids/newbies you replace them with show inconsistency and the results still aren’t good. What do you think those players/their agents will be doing behind the scenes?!

Woolwich have 1 player in that situation in Mesut Özil and look at the disruption it is causing... you want us to put up with 5?!

Poch didn't give a shit about disrupting the dressing room when he slung out Kaboul (club captain at the time), Adebayor (vice captain), Capoue, Paulinho, etc. If he's serious about wanting another 5 years here then he should have no problem doing the same thing again if the players deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom