The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Poch didn't give a shit about disrupting the dressing room when he slung out Kaboul (club captain at the time), Adebayor (vice captain), Capoue, Paulinho, etc. If he's serious about wanting another 5 years here then he should have no problem doing the same thing again if the players deserve it.
The dressing room (how quaint) was already disrupted. I’ve no idea why he won’t play the new signings. I guess it’s easier for him to ship out players rather than integrate them. We’ve got 7 players who were starting 5 years ago. We’ve gone from having the youngest squad in the PL to one of the oldest. Levy is to blame as well as Poch, but Poch is afraid of integrating new players - which is odd for a top manager. He doesn’t seem to have a clue what to do, he’s perplexed why his faves are letting him down and he has no real experience to draw back on. This job has got too big for him, and I fear he’s heading towards a meltdown.

Lucas isn't in our best 11!!! Or are you seriously suggesting that he is?
In current form can you name the AMs who are outperforming him please?

Don’t give a fuck who’s “better on paper”...that’s exactly what Poch has done which is why we are in this mess.

It feels like whatever Poch does, you think.
eg.....Poch starts playing Moura first choice, that will suddenly be the right call.

Bit weird to be honest

Last edited:
Poch didn't give a shit about disrupting the dressing room when he slung out Kaboul (club captain at the time), Adebayor (vice captain), Capoue, Paulinho, etc. If he's serious about wanting another 5 years here then he should have no problem doing the same thing again if the players deserve it.
You guys make this “getting rid” thing sound so ridiculously easy; it should be obvious why getting rid of this group is harder - There’s a bit of a difference in that those previous players had done little to help spurs progress and Poch had no connection to them. Add in the smaller pool of clubs that these current wantaway players think they should be playing for... and here we are. Plus unlike that previous group the fans weren’t waiting for the shit to hit the fan before finally accepting that this group is done.

He'd only been there a wet week and had not built up his special bond of loyalty with them. It's not the same.

You guys make this “getting rid” thing sound so ridiculously easy; it should be obvious why getting rid of this group is harder - There’s a bit of a difference in that those previous players had done little to help spurs progress and Poch had no connection to them. Add in the smaller pool of clubs that these current wantaway players think they should be playing for... and here we are. Plus unlike that previous group the fans weren’t waiting for the shit to hit the fan before finally accepting that this group is done.
Especially when levy has struggled for many years of getting rid of unwanted players. We have a few now that levy isn't able to shift. He needs help with signing & selling players as he has been awful at it for a while now. Let someone else do all the transfers & he can concentrate on NFL & ticket increases.

Especially when levy has struggled for many years of getting rid of unwanted players. We have a few now that levy isn't able to shift. He needs help with signing & selling players as he has been awful at it for a while now. Let someone else do all the transfers & he can concentrate on NFL & ticket increases.
Yup. The pool of clubs is smaller yet Levy thinks he can still play hardball.

Wanyama rejected Brugge
Eriksen turned down Man Utd
Toby said no to Roma
Rose to Watford didn’t go anywhere
Tentative links between Milan and Aurier but nothing concrete.
Nothing on Dier or Vertonghen.

In current form can you name the AMs who are outperforming him please?

Don’t give a fuck who’s “better on paper”...that’s exactly what Poch has done which is why we are in this mess.

It feels like whatever Poch does, you think.
eg.....Poch starts playing Moura first choice, that will suddenly be the right call.

Bit weird to be honest
On current form, he should be on the bench. I mean what games this season has he been great in....I'll wait.

So we need a DOF?

On current form, he should be on the bench. I mean what games this season has he been great in....I'll wait.
He’s been better than Dele and Eriksen and par with Lamela and Son in most games.

Isnt it odd how Moura is expected to find form with 3 minute cameos every other week, but the rest of the attack can plod along every week playing like shit.

Saying “I LOVE Moura” before every post you make slagging him off doesn’t make you look balanced.
It just looks like you are genuinely accusing him of being our worst attacker, because you are happily justifying him getting the least game time out of them all.

And like I said, far from it being about Moura, it seems more like you not wanting to disagree with yet another Poch decision.

He doesn’t have to “get rid” but it’s extremely easy to not pick someone.
Like he does with Moura, KWP, Sanchez, Aurier, Lamela, Dier, Davies, Skipp and Wanyama for over 75% of the season.

You’re acting as if Eriksen not leaving means Poch has to play him. He’s going for free so it makes fuck all difference to his value if he rots on the bench until May.

I’ve said previously that they shouldn’t be at the club at all for Poch to be having to drop.

Now imagine you drop 5 players who have are big in the dressing room, and the kids/newbies you replace them with show inconsistency and the results still aren’t good. What do you think those players/their agents will be doing behind the scenes?!

Woolwich have 1 player in that situation in Mesut Özil and look at the disruption it is causing... you want us to put up with 5?!

Well he managed it when he first arrived, so what's different now?

These players are taking the club for a ride, I completely agree, and I'm fucked off with them. But I'm even more fucked off with the man who keeps picking them, which at this stage, defies logic.

He’s been better than Dele and Eriksen and par with Lamela and Son in most games.

Isnt it odd how Moura is expected to find form with 3 minute cameos every other week, but the rest of the attack can plod along every week playing like shit.

Saying “I LOVE Moura” before every post you make slagging him off doesn’t make you look balanced.
It just looks like you are genuinely accusing him of being our worst attacker, because you are happily justifying him getting the least game time out of them all.

And like I said, far from it being about Moura, it seems more like you not wanting to disagree with yet another Poch decision.
Sammy, I've always liked you as a poster and said this numerous times in here but for fuck, sake stop making up shit about what I am saying. I have an opinion as do you. I am NOT in a fucking competition with you, however. There are no fucking points to be won, you either aggree or disagree with what's said but don't be a cunt and lie about what I write, just so you can twist what's being said so you can be right.

I haven't slagged off Lucas, I gave my opinion on him, an explanation of why I view him the way I do. If you disagree with that then that's more than OK by me.

The normal thing to do here, of course, is to post why you disagree, that would entail posting why you think Lucas is better than Kane. But no you don't bother to do this, perhaps that's because it's beyond your capabilities and you can only debate something by making up shit on what the other poster has said.

If you think Lucas is better than Kane then let's hear why. What has Lucas done to be deserving of this? For the record this is what the topic of discussion is, so don't even fucking bother to move the goalposts. What's being debated is Lucas vs Kane.

Last edited:
EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!
Read my post again mate. The poster before it was giving quotes on why Lucas should have started and gave the reason as it was going to be a "high tempo game", a "game of high intensity". IT WASN'T.

Lucas isn't in our best 11!!! Or are you seriously suggesting that he is? And if you are back that up with proof, not just a one-off game that he's never repeated either previously or subsequently.

I can just see Poch now, plotting for weeks on end how he can deliberately put out the worst side, so he can lose the biggest game of his entire career.
On that particular day, with Kane way out of condition, it's my personal opinion that our best XI would have included Lucas. However, no point in arguing. It's water under the bridge. Onwards.

I haven't slagged off Lucas, I gave my opinion on him, an explanation of why I view him the way I do. If you disagree with that then that's more than OK by me.

You are slagging him off because you are agreeing with Poch that he doesn’t deserve more game time than Eriksen who has been fucking shit and wants to leave, or Dele who’s been fucking shit.

That’s diabolical management which you are supporting.
And it’s a downright insult to Moura

You are slagging him off because you are agreeing with Poch that he doesn’t deserve more game time than Eriksen who has been fucking shit and wants to leave, or Dele who’s been fucking shit.

That’s diabolical management which you are supporting.
And it’s a downright insult to Moura
What the fuck are you on about now?

Because I think Kane is better than Lucas = I'm slagging Lucas off??!!! Literally heard it all now!

So, why do you think Lucas is better than Harry Kane? What specifically brings you to this conclusion?

What the fuck are you on about now?

Because I think Kane is better than Lucas = I'm slagging Lucas off??!!! Literally heard it all now!

So, why do you think Lucas is better than Harry Kane? What specifically brings you to this conclusion?

Not sure why you are talking about Harry Kane.

You have supported Moura being benched this season. Not one person has said he should play ahead of a fit Kane.

In my post I said Eriksen and Dele.
You ignored them and talked about Kane?

Why don’t you just answer if you think Moura could have played more minutes this season at the expense of Eriksen or Dele who have been absolutely fucking shit.

It’s an insult to say he would be an upgrade on either of them.

Not sure why you are talking about Harry Kane.

You have supported Moura being benched this season. Not one person has said he should play ahead of a fit Kane.

In my post I said Eriksen and Dele.
You ignored them and talked about Kane?

Why don’t you just answer if you think Moura could have played more minutes this season at the expense of Eriksen or Dele who have been absolutely fucking shit.

It’s an insult to say he would be an upgrade on either of them.
Read EVERYONE of my posts over the last couple of pages, in everyone I'm talking about Kane being a better player than Lucas. My first post was in direct response to a post saying he should have started ahead of Kane in the CL, I disagree with this and I've given my opinion why I disagree with this. I've invited you to do the same, but haven't responded only to trying to change the subject. If you don't wish to discuss this topic, that's fine by me, just stop posting something that's unrelated to what I was discussing.

YOU are bringing other players into the convo, I've not discussed anything else other than Kane being a better player than Lucas.

Read EVERYONE of my posts over the last couple of pages, in everyone I'm talking about Kane being a better player than Lucas. My first post was in direct response to a post saying he should have started ahead of Kane in the CL, I disagree with this and I've given my opinion why I disagree with this. I've invited you to do the same, but haven't responded only to trying to change the subject. If you don't wish to discuss this topic, that's fine by me, just stop posting something that's unrelated to what I was discussing.

YOU are bringing other players into the convo, I've not discussed anything else other than Kane being a better player than Lucas.

So.....do you want to see Lucas ahead of Dele and Eriksen?
Or not?

You seem to be saying “I can’t answer that because I’m talking about Kane”

Just answer it. That’s what I’m asking you?
I don’t care that you think Kane is better.

Back
Top Bottom