The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
So I will assume that you agree Moura deserves a start over both Dele and Poch.
It really doesn't matter what I think in your world. If you can turn my post stating "I love Lucas" into I'm "slagging him off" because I happen to think Kane is a better than him then knock yourself out, fill your proverbial boots and dream up whatever words you want to put into my mouth.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter what I think in your world. If you can turn my post stating "I love Lucas" into I'm "slagging him off" because I happen to think Kane is a better than him then knock yourself out, fill your proverbial boots and dream up whatever words you want to put into my mouth.
It clearly does matter because you answered 15 posts some of them with 800 word answers but none of them can you say “I think Poch was wrong (or right) to drop Moura for Dele and Eriksen so often this season”

Avoiding the question on the basis it wasn’t the first thing we talked about (while happily answering three times about Trippier who came into it even later) is just baseless, crass and in itself, tells me everything I need to know on the subject.

If you supported the decision, you’d be more than happy to laud Poch for it.
Disagreeing with him doesn’t come as easily for you though.

So you make lots of pointless posts like the one above.

Last edited:
It wasn’t a opportunity wasted for me I saw it as another building block for where the club wants to ultimately go. People look at reaching that game as the end, I look at it as a new beginning, just like 2006, 2010 and even 2016/17.

It’s up to the club how they handle the next transition and for me there’s not another manager around who I’d rather oversee the rebuilding job.

He’s made you lot think you are owed success on the 6th biggest budget (not to mention being outspent by Everton, West Ham etc.) and now just at the moment where the club can finally invest the years spent into building up the brand and the stadium back into the football side of things, he doesn’t deserve the opportunity to reap the rewards from the patience that he has shown Levy?!

Similar to Trippier when people were calling him shit, the quality of clubs Poch is being linked as a next destination should indicate his quality as a manager... you think he wouldn’t be able to go Bayern or PSG, wrap up a league title and shed that trophyless moniker?!

I often make the analogy that this club is Andy Murray before 2012, Poch is our Ivan Lendl, and that we both have had to go through a lot of pain and growth together.

Until the ENIC operates in a similar way to Abu Dhabi, Roman, FSG or even the Glazers, we have no chance going toe to toe with them financially. Poch is the one that made us believe we can Bridge that gap.

I like your positivity but why is Poch the best man to rebuild?

If anything his transfers overall have not been great and the core of the team has remained the same. Bringing new blood into the team is not something he has particularly excelled at.
Whether that is partly the fault of our internal transfer policy is debatable too.

Ultimately it comes down to what Levy really wants.

Top 7? Top 4? To win the league? And does that equate to what Poch wants?

Transition periods are strange things.

United won multiple trophies over two decades. Ongoing transition when you think about it. City seem to have this knack as well. Adding and losing players in a non fanfare way. Liverpool will need to replace key players over next two seasons. See how a Klopp does.

But us, United, Woolwich and Chelsea are in similar situations. Our current squads are not really working and need a big fix. And Whoever does this best will be the main top 4 contenders. And I’m not 100% convinced Poch knows how to
How can Lucas be properly rated on the amount of time he spends on the pitch. Most times hon, the game is practically over. It's very unfair for people to criticise him until he's been given a fair crack of the whip. Which isn't going to happen with the sulky schoolboy in charge.

He started 25 games last season in the Premier League. So approx 2/3 of them.

That’s not a fair crack of the whip??

The fact people act like he’s always a sub says a lot about the impact he has when starting.

It clearly does matter because you answered 15 posts some of them with 800 word answers but none of them can you say “I think Poch was wrong (or right) to drop Moura for Dele and Eriksen so often this season”

Avoiding the question on the basis it wasn’t the first thing we talked about (while happily answering three times about Trippier who came into even later) is just baseless, crass and in itself, tells me everything I need to know on the subject.

Id you supported the decision, you’d be more than happy to laud Poch for it.
Disagreeing with him doesn’t come as easily for you though.

So you make lots of pointless posts like the one above.
Read my posts again mate, I have told you more than once. I was debating with two other posters about whether Kane should have started over Lucas, then you pop into the mix with shite about Eriksen and Dele over Lucas. Had you have not then gone down the route of making up shit you may well have got an answer.

Because of that, I see no reason why I should entertain you. Childish? Maybe but it's my prerogative

I've known you a long time on here mate, sometimes we agree other we disagree, on the whole, I feel both of us have batted quite straight with a bit of passion and humour over the years but when you go down the line of making shit up it kind of renders the topic pointless.

More than happy to continue on other topics (I don't hold any grudges unlike some other cunts on here) but on this one I'm out. I feel that's a fair response.

He started 25 games last season in the Premier League. So approx 2/3 of them.

That’s not a fair crack of the whip??

The fact people act like he’s always a sub says a lot about the impact he has when starting.

Im gonna put that into perspective.
Of the 57 games Spurs played last season, Moura played 90 minutes 16 times.
He played less than 45 minutes 11 times.

The rest was somewhere in between so it’s difficult to find his stride especially when outplaying the teachers pets doesn’t earn you game time anyway.

He was also used in five different roles
RW, LW, AM, CF and second striker

Last edited:
Read my posts again mate, I have told you more than once. I was debating with two other posters about whether Kane should have started over Lucas, then you pop into the mix with shite about Eriksen and Dele over Lucas. Had you have not then gone down the route of making up shit you may well have got an answer.

Because of that, I see no reason why I should entertain you. Childish? Maybe but it's my prerogative

I've known you a long time on here mate, sometimes we agree other we disagree, on the whole, I feel both of us have batted quite straight with a bit of passion and humour over the years but when you go down the line of making shit up it kind of renders the topic pointless.

More than happy to continue on other topics (I don't hold any grudges unlike some other cunts on here) but on this one I'm out. I feel that's a fair response.
And yet again it doesn’t wash because despite you discussing Moura and Kane with two other posters, and despite me hate crashing the party and talking about Trippier, you were more than happy to address Trippier.

Completely off topic, but you had no problem jumping all over it.
It’s a bit ridiculous to claim this is some kind of moral crusade:
I WILL NOT DEVIATE FROM THE TOPIC

But you have.....just of the stuff you feel comfortable talking about.

Try and play straight Sammy, I said he played better than Lucas did, I didn't say he played well. In fact there wasn't a single player from either side that I can say played well, it was a very poor quality game of football from both sides.

As for Tripps, are you aware that AM has had their worst ever start to a season in the 11 years under Simeone? We've scored 5 more goals than they have despite playing a game less and we're shit!! Sorry to have to break that news to you, it must be all those assists stats that cloud the judgment hey?!?
Just been hooked at HT when 1-0 down to Sevilla and his replacement has provided the assist for the equaliser.

Anyway all of this Eriksen is better than Moura and Lamela is better than Ali stuff is gonna be irrelevant soon. I think I have worked out why Poch won’t resign. On the bench tonight for Spurs u23 v Woolwich u23 is a certain 18year old M Pochettino. Rumour has it that Poch Senior is staying in order to groom him for the 1st team and if you think that Poch Snrs loyalty to Eriksen and Ali is bad just you wait until Poch jnr gets in the team!
Aha! The nepotism rears its ugly head!

The fucking table looks grim tonight. 11 cunting points behind Chelsea. A couple of months back, fearing a string of humiliating results, I said Poch would be gone by the end of October. And here we are. Fiddling while Rome fucking burns.

"It's important not to put too much responsibility on the new signings," he says. "They have come to give the team certain qualities, but of course we also understand that they are young players who have to adapt, and who, in Lo Celso and Ndombele's cases, have come from abroad, from different leagues. The priority is adaption more than performance.

"There's a lot of pressure for them but there are a lot of examples of young players, like Son and like many others, who have needed a season or a season-and-a-half in order to perform at the level that we want. These three players are not going to be the exceptions. They are not that."

Back
Top Bottom