The Newcastle Yo-Yos vs. Wembley Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A good performance. Generally controlled things first half but didn't really start to be incisive till post Mr. Baldy stamp. After that it was free flowing and delicious. Eriksen had a little trouble with his shooting boot but he was getting the chances, so that will come around.

I am going with the away kit this year for sure.

COYS

This "both feet off the floor" bullshit means most tackles would be red, even that picture shows it was a genuine tackle, where he won the ball cleanly. Fully accept that in today's game that is was 100% yellow card as Kane's other leg came through your players legs. May be, just maybe if your player decided to go for the ball himself rather than choose to draw a foul (he stepped across and into Kane) then he wouldn't have been injured. Hope the lad is OK, but seriously he only has himself to blame. BTW if it was Mitrovic he wouldn't have got to the ball and would have no doubt amputated the lads ankle (I like Mitrovic, but he's a physico). I would go to the trouble of freeze framing a picture of Ritchie's tackle on Dele, where there was zero intent to play the ball and only chop the player down, but I enjoy watching my football and choose not to wallow on the negative. You lot wallow in misery, when you're not booing your manger (not Rafa), players, owner, DoF, MD you're booing a player you were delighted to get rid of, boo a player that was trod on, going to your place is just like going to Stoke, joyless stadium full of misery doom and depression. Lighten up, try and enjoy yourselves.

I thought you were terrible, I understand the game plan and why it was deployed but fuck me I couldn't watch that shit all season, so boring, keeping the grass long, not watering it doing anything not to play the beautiful game. As I said above, joyless. I think you will go down.
:pochbye:

Do you understand why Newcastle fans are unhappy with their owner? I cannot be bothered to list the litany of disasters that have occurred under his watch, but here's a taster; employing Dennis Wise, lying to Keegan, employing Kinnear (twice), employing then lying to Shearer, firing Hughton, hiring Pardew, failing to strengthen, overseeing 2 relegations, lying to Benitez... He's a car crash who'd be much happier owning a box at your gaff than he is owning us.

Do you understand why we're unhappy with Sissoko? He wanted a move to a bigger club, of course he did, totally makes sense. But play for the move like Ba did, don't whore yourself around, speaking of your love for another club while you're still supposed to be representing ours. Your own fans shower Campbell with opprobrium and rightly so. Of course we don't like Sissoko, he has ideas above his station (he's not good enough for you for a start) he could have kept us up had he bothered his arse for the season and he spent most of his time at Newcastle making kissy faces at Woolwich.

We don't have a DoF, but Wise was a disaster, signing players off the back of youtube videos, or as favours to agents.

I think we were quite joyful on your visit last season despite our relegation, and we were joyful for much of the Championship season too. I think when you say that we're "joyless", you mistake our frustration at the game on Sunday for some abiding gloomy atmosphere.

I can assure you, it's not the case. The flags before the game, the faith in Benitez, the players we actually like (Lascelles, Mitro, Perez, Hayden, Yedlin, Mbemba, Clark) rather than disrespectful mercenaries like Sissoko. There's a concern at the minute, Benitez was promised every penny he made to spend on players. Well, £30m from the previous summers business, £18m from this summer, plus the first tranche of Premier League money, and the increase revenue from the new (embarrassing) sponsor. We should be spending £50-70m =, will that be enough to ensure survival? Maybe, I think it makes more sense to buy additional players rather than gamble that those that brought you up can compete in the top flight. The former may cost £50m, the latter may cost £100m.

tl;dr Nah, we're happy as larry as long as Benitez gets backed, otherwise Ashley will be under renewed pressure to fuck off.

Properly exorcised some ghosts yesterday......went back to all the same bars and drank exactly the same drinks as after the 5-1 game.

Now just need some good memories at Wembley and a win at Stamford Bridge.
Done the same!

Love Newcastle (again) now, as an away day, the only bad thing about it is the view/placing of away fans. Was in row Y (the very back) last time, this time row W. Quite a big difference between the back and the front of that away section.

Do you understand why Newcastle fans are unhappy with their owner? I cannot be bothered to list the litany of disasters that have occurred under his watch, but here's a taster; employing Dennis Wise, lying to Keegan, employing Kinnear (twice), employing then lying to Shearer, firing Hughton, hiring Pardew, failing to strengthen, overseeing 2 relegations, lying to Benitez... He's a car crash who'd be much happier owning a box at your gaff than he is owning us.

Do you understand why we're unhappy with Sissoko? He wanted a move to a bigger club, of course he did, totally makes sense. But play for the move like Ba did, don't whore yourself around, speaking of your love for another club while you're still supposed to be representing ours. Your own fans shower Campbell with opprobrium and rightly so. Of course we don't like Sissoko, he has ideas above his station (he's not good enough for you for a start) he could have kept us up had he bothered his arse for the season and he spent most of his time at Newcastle making kissy faces at Woolwich.

We don't have a DoF, but Wise was a disaster, signing players off the back of youtube videos, or as favours to agents.

I think we were quite joyful on your visit last season despite our relegation, and we were joyful for much of the Championship season too. I think when you say that we're "joyless", you mistake our frustration at the game on Sunday for some abiding gloomy atmosphere.

I can assure you, it's not the case. The flags before the game, the faith in Benitez, the players we actually like (Lascelles, Mitro, Perez, Hayden, Yedlin, Mbemba, Clark) rather than disrespectful mercenaries like Sissoko. There's a concern at the minute, Benitez was promised every penny he made to spend on players. Well, £30m from the previous summers business, £18m from this summer, plus the first tranche of Premier League money, and the increase revenue from the new (embarrassing) sponsor. We should be spending £50-70m =, will that be enough to ensure survival? Maybe, I think it makes more sense to buy additional players rather than gamble that those that brought you up can compete in the top flight. The former may cost £50m, the latter may cost £100m.

tl;dr Nah, we're happy as larry as long as Benitez gets backed, otherwise Ashley will be under renewed pressure to fuck off.

Joyless post!

eE9xqsP.jpg

Done the same!

Love Newcastle (again) now, as an away day, the only bad thing about it is the view/placing of away fans. Was in row Y (the very back) last time, this time row W. Quite a big difference between the back and the front of that away section.

I was in Row R - so not too bad.

They shouldn't have been able to get away with not moving the away fans imo, there's hundreds of millions of pounds sloshing around the PL - money is the easy fix to an issue like that.

A good performance. Generally controlled things first half but didn't really start to be incisive till post Mr. Baldy stamp. After that it was free flowing and delicious. Eriksen had a little trouble with his shooting boot but he was getting the chances, so that will come around.

I am going with the away kit this year for sure.

COYS
that away kit is so freaking good, was watching with family and almost everyone instantly started complimenting the away kit. The fact that the first 20 mins were very boring could have something to do with that too obviously

A very professional, accomplished performance without getting out of 3rd gear. We took the sting out of the crowd, nullified any attacking options they had, understood we had to be patient and more importantly believed the breakthrough would come.

Lads, our sleeping giant is finally starting to wake up :)

Last edited:
Hmmm.....I think it was a calculated tactic, go out to try to get Alli to react and get him sent off. It was the only realistic chance they had of turning the game in their favour.

Shelvy was just crap at it and got caught.
We use Dele so well now, and he plays it so well too. People think he's a loose cannon, he knows exactly what he is doing. The big change in him recently is Dele used to look for it (I had no issue with this), now he has realised he doesn't have to look for it, they come looking for him. It means he gets fouled, constantly, he follows the foul up with a smile and a thank you, if it's a bad foul he stands his ground and will not be intimidated. The chaos is all around him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom