The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They'd throw that game to spite us. Their fans would probably boo their own players off if they won.
I bet there's no team around that would ever lay down and get beat against us or a rival to do us a favour.

Yep really winds me up. There’s 3 teams in this league that are obsessed with us and hate us. Chelsea, Westham and Woolwich. Now, obviously Woolwich is our NL rivals so i can truly understand this, but the other 2 cunts are just so obsessed with Spurs failing, they would happily see their team lose a game if it meant ruining Spurs. We need Westham to still be in with a chance of Europa in the league but also Lyon knocking them out. Which means when they play Woolwich, they have nothing else to play for but 5th/6th

It serves for us as a reminder that nothing is over too.

Indeed. Very much my point.

It's laughable how complacent some here have become virtually overnight.... Many of whom ordinarily whine about "Spursy" and a poor mentality the first chance they get.

Last edited:
Distraction from what?

It's their best chance of CL and their best chance of a trophy for 15 years since an FA Cup final vs Liverpool in 06.

They have a tough run in... They may not even score conference league at this rate.

If they get knocked out on Thursday, it'll keep them honest in the league until the last hurrah.
It’s distracts them from hitting form in the PL in the way we have done

Agree re: CL, trophy and UCL (who the hell wants that anyway)

It’s distracts them from hitting form in the PL in the way we have done

Agree re: CL, trophy and UCL (who the hell wants that anyway)

It would mean a lot more to WH fans than it would any of the remaining top 7.

If Wolves can pull their finger out and somehow render WH to 8th and one of Arse or Utd to UCL that would be fucking amazing!

Antonio is a very good player and has some clear uses. However he has in the past struggled to play 90 mins every game, West Ham just look like they have burned him into the ground. At a club like Chelsea Antonio would be used as a 30 min super sub but at West Ham they have no option but to play him until he can play no more.

In many respects we are lucky that our lack of depth is matched or in my view surpassed quite a bit by our rivals Woolwich and West Ham and whileUnited have greater depth they are a bit all over the shop.

Seeing as you routinely simp for other clubs, perhaps you (like their muggy fans) think they're better than Kane too........ :avbshit:

For a while both were and by that I mean turning up at the big moments.

Kane, as I said yesterday is probably playing better than ever but I am not blinded by nepotism or the facts.

To become a Great, Kane will need to break Shearer's record (or get very close) and hopefully take us to glory.

I will say this however. If he secures us top 4 this season by carrying on as he has for the last few games I will be the first to say he has gone up a level.

Chelsea's big win and WHU's loss have turned this into a 2 horse race for 4th and ended any dreams of finishing 3rd.

16/04/2022BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBIONH
Sa 16Apr 2022SouthamptonvWoolwich
We 20Apr 2022ChelseavWoolwich
23/04/2022BRENTFORDA
Sa 23Apr 2022WoolwichvMan Utd
30/04/2022LEICESTER CITYH
Su 01May 2022West HamvWoolwich
07/05/2022LIVERPOOLA
Su 08May 2022WoolwichvLeeds
12/05/2022ARSE-ANALH
15/05/2022BURNLEYH
Mo 16May 2022NewcastlevWoolwich
22/05/2022NORWICH CITYA
Su 22May 2022WoolwichvEverton

Yep really winds me up. There’s 3 teams in this league that are obsessed with us and hate us. Chelsea, Westham and Woolwich. Now, obviously Woolwich is our NL rivals so i can truly understand this, but the other 2 cunts are just so obsessed with Spurs failing, they would happily see their team lose a game if it meant ruining Spurs. We need Westham to still be in with a chance of Europa in the league but also Lyon knocking them out. Which means when they play Woolwich, they have nothing else to play for but 5th/6th

I really wouldn't be surprised if Leicester joined this little crew. Crazy people.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Leicester joined this little crew. Crazy people.

Oh 100%. Totally forgot. Leicester and Southampton. Check any Leicester city forum when we are doing well and the hate is ridiculous. In fact, when we beat villa 4-0, a few of them on the premier league thread of foxes talk we’re talking of halting our CL hopes by beating us. Them and Southampton are obsessed idiots trying to be relevant. Why are Spurs hated by so many clubs and supporters? For a club who get ripped for our lack of trophies, we get so much hate, why?

They'd throw that game to spite us. Their fans would probably boo their own players off if they won.
I bet there's no team around that would ever lay down and get beat against us or a rival to do us a favour.
Brighton seem to especially enjoy humiliating Woolwich.

Still remember Bossouma laughing his in the face off some Gooner (Xhaka?) after they beat them to crush their hopes of top 4.

They've posted this after the win on Saturday:

Pretty rare in this league.

Oh 100%. Totally forgot. Leicester and Southampton. Check any Leicester city forum when we are doing well and the hate is ridiculous. In fact, when we beat villa 4-0, a few of them on the premier league thread of foxes talk we’re talking of halting our CL hopes by beating us. Them and Southampton are obsessed idiots trying to be relevant. Why are Spurs hated by so many clubs and supporters? For a club who get ripped for our lack of trophies, we get so much hate, why?
I presume Southampton dislike us because we took Hoddle. And Poch. And Bale. And Dean Richards. They probably hate Liverpool too I'd have thought

Check any Leicester city forum when we are doing well and the hate is ridiculous
Liverpool are same tbh. The kind of language they use to describe Kane is verging on hate speech. The language is far more extreme than even the stuff I've seen on West Ham, Chelsea and Woolwich forums.

All the other top 6 sides have a grudging respect for Kane. Liverpool fans can't seem to speak about him without popping a vein.

Brighton seem to especially enjoy humiliating Woolwich.

Still remember Bossouma laughing his in the face off some Gooner (Xhaka?) after they beat them to crush their hopes of top 4.

They've posted this after the win on Saturday:

Pretty rare in this league.

That's Ben White, who left Brighton for Woolwich - bit of a personal dig there. An quite funny given he'll finish the season higher than Brighton ever will.

Liverpool are same tbh. The kind of language they use to describe Kane is verging on hate speech. The language is far more extreme than even the stuff I've seen on West Ham, Chelsea and Woolwich forums.

All the other top 6 sides have a grudging respect for Kane. Liverpool fans can't seem to speak about him without popping a vein.
That's all jealousy that Kane happens to exist at the same time as Salah and stops him being the only scorer worth talking about.

That's all jealousy that Kane happens to exist at the same time as Salah and stops him being the only scorer worth talking about.
Definitely. Still, I don't see Spurs fans talking in such a hateful manner towards Salah. Not even Mane, who ruined our biggest moment by deliberately kicking the ball into Sissoko's armpit to get the pen.

Maybe they're just very shrill and hateful people in general.

Definitely. Still, I don't see Spurs fans talking in such a hateful manner towards Salah. Not even Mane, who ruined our biggest moment by deliberately kicking the ball into Sissoko's armpit to get the pen.

Maybe they're just very shrill and hateful people in general.
Fuck me, Liverpool fans have been up there with the most insufferable for decades.
"isssss gonna be aaaaaaaare yeeeeeeear kid"
Obviously they are very very good now, but that's only 3 or 4 years. At times they've bee garbage. Their fans think they're entitled to dominate and have behaved that way forever.
United fans have rapidly become the new Liverpool fans post Fergie. They believe they are entitled to challenge for the title every year no matter how far off it they've fallen.

Fuck me, Liverpool fans have been up there with the most insufferable for decades.
"isssss gonna be aaaaaaaare yeeeeeeear kid"
Obviously they are very very good now, but that's only 3 or 4 years. At times they've bee garbage. Their fans think they're entitled to dominate and have behaved that way forever.
United fans have rapidly become the new Liverpool fans post Fergie. They believe they are entitled to challenge for the title every year no matter how far off it they've fallen.
And I hate to say this, but some Spurs fans started getting a bit entitled after 2 very good seasons and 2 decent seasons over a 4 year period.
To suddenly act as though we'd established ourselves as a permanent fixture in the top 4 and title race was cringeworthy. Some were suggesting Woolwich would now forever be in our shadow. It's been about 4-5 years since they finished above us 22 years in a row ffs.

Back
Top Bottom