The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is no one in for Michel at Girona?

He got them promoted two seasons ago and they've just finished the season in third scoring 85 goals, two goals behind Madrid. Their entire squad only costs 30m.

After the Birmingham fiasco you wonder what he must have said at the interview to get the job.
I can see a manager like Kompany impressing in an interview to get the job, but I don't see that with Rooney at all.

Watch any interview he does and he literally ends every sentence with 'erm'. It's amazing that anyone appoints him after seeing his record and hearing him speak in an interview.

Is no one in for Michel at Girona?

He got them promoted two seasons ago and they've just finished the season in third scoring 85 goals, two goals behind Madrid. Their entire squad only costs 30m.

Pep replacement when he moves on?

Could need someone who's good at promotions....... :levyeyes:

And now Poch????

They’ve tried to bat their eyelets him when he managed us.
Perhaps. I just have some romanticism about Zizou doing everything as a player and manager at Madrid and then going back to Juve to complete the set again, albeit he missed out on the CL with Juve as a player.

Probably some form of OCD tbh.

Just not good enough

:levywtf:
At least he 2012ed Chelsea for the Europa League.

I think he did as well as he could have done with the squad he had. They have some good attacking players but they lack more solid ball-winning and defensive players. It will take time to build their squad to the point where it is competing at the top level; even more so now that they're going to start again with another manager.

Two trophies in two seasons strongly suggests that ten Hag had the potential to provide United with the success they want in the long-term. They should have stuck with him for at least another season.

At least he 2012ed Chelsea for the Europa League.

I think he did as well as he could have done with the squad he had. They have some good attacking players but they lack more solid ball-winning and defensive players. It will take time to build their squad to the point where it is competing at the top level; even more so now that they're going to start again with another manager.

Two trophies in two seasons strongly suggests that ten Hag had the potential to provide United with the success they want in the long-term. They should have stuck with him for at least another season.

8th placed finish and terribly coached football across a 38 game season probably told them he probably wouldn't provide them the success they desired.

Id have loved for them to keep him.

Liam Rosenior by all accounts done all the donkey work for Rooney at Derby he surely would have been a far better bet than Rooney at Plymouth.
That said Rooney will be the fourth manager in a row from Merseyside . The DOF Neil Dewsnip is also from Merseyside and was youth team coach at Everton for 17 years covering the time Rooney was breaking through.,If I was the chairman of Plymouth I would be having a word with his DOF to remind him it is possible to employ a manager who hasnt recently eaten a bowl of scouse.

Back
Top Bottom