The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the point in sacking the manager? Do they think someone will come in now and save them from relegation? Anyone who comes in to the job now will have a relegation on their CV, not nice to be set up for a failure straight away.

Much better, I'd think, to wait until the day after the season ends and replace him then.

It's actually pretty clever, now they are essentially down.

- Get someone in now to decide how many players aren't worth keeping hold of and if any of the kids are up-to-scratch.
- Longer time to find, and obtain, transfer targets.
- Give the new bloke and his backroom staff/mates longer to settle in.
- No pressure, they are already down.
- A full pre-season in charge.

Getting out of the Championship is tough, everything that could give them an advantage is probably worth it.

Bob Bradley! Blimey, anyone no if he is any good? I think this is harsh on Guidolin, they have had a difficult run of games against Liverpool, City, Southampton, Chelsea and Leicester! Thought their performances of late were also good despite the results.

I guess this is what happens when you are owned by American consortium, give it a couple of months and the cheerleaders will be out in force, Let's go soccer ball, lets go.

The FA Cup run is what kept him in the job to be fair, he has a lot of talent in that Palace team and he's been dreadful. It was long overdue.

200w.gif

Allardyce getting the job has fucked Spam , no Houdini manager available as I am far from convinced they are out the shit yet.
Two very unconvincing wins against relegation teams their level in league says that to me.
Bilic didn't do too well at Moscow, or Besiktas. He's hyped up as a club manager and living off Euro success which was with a great crop of players

I knew their form in 2016 calendar year was bad, but I hadn't realised it's the worst out of all 92 clubs in the league.

He has really underperformed with a squad with some pretty effective players in it - Cabaye, Benteke, Zaha, Townsend, Tomkins, Dann. Allardyce will sort the defence and they'll get enough goals out of Benteke to survive comfortably imo.

Anyway, Pardew's a complete tit who has always hated us. Happy Xmas you tosser!

He probably talked himself of out of a job because he can't keep his mouth shut.
Never liked him, a Poser right up his own arse.
Kind of geezer who spends more time in the mirror than his wife. That premature dance tells you exactly what Pardew is like.
When he's interviewed he's like klopp, yet more narcissistic.
Can't stop yapping, all you have to do his play on his egotism. He always needs to explain why Alan the fantastic ha failed, been undermined by this or that, we don't deserve it, bad luck, injuries, officials, lack of strikers etc, etc., because he's Pardew the perfect.
After doing Southampton 3-0 and getting the thumbs up from Parish from the stands his ego rose again.
Parish has been defending me, he said as we have serious investors who perhaps know very little about football.
Alan thought he had it in the bag after one positive result and put his pretty little neck in the noose.

Back
Top Bottom