The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy needs to go, ENIC need to look for a buyer and sell at a more realistic price than they would like. They'd still make a huge profit and Lewis could enjoy the money for as long as he has left on Earth, which at 84 probably isn't that long!

They've improved the facilities but not through spending out of their own pockets. Either through money the club has earned or loans taken out in its name. Joe Lewis doesn't owe £1bn, the cub does.

They've shown that they're not interested in actually winning trophies and I think that should be painfully obvious to even the fully paid up members of the Levy Fanclub.

Get rid.

How would fan ownership fit with the fact we have about £1 billion in debt. So our debt is equal to about 100 per cent of the value of the club.
If football finance goes tits up after Covid the fans would presumably become jointly liable for repayment.

Fan ownership would have to be through some kind of institution, so presumably that trust or club or whatever form it takes would hold the debt liability.
Is that about right?
That's another further complication, Im assuming we would also have to buy the stadium, unless FA somehow step in to buy the stadium and then lease or back the club in the mean time. Although I don't know how the entertainment side of London NFL games would work if that happened

Why didn’t the trust attend the meeting the club were willing to give them?

Seems counter productive to me. Levy will think twice about speaking to them now I suspect. All the other clubs met with their supporter groups.

Seems counter productive to me. Levy will think twice about speaking to them now I suspect. All the other clubs met with their supporter groups.
Because the bald bastard doesn't see what he did as wrong, there wasn't an apology in his statement. "Regretting the anxiety caused"....fucking load of bollocks. His discussions cause me anxiety every game, we don't get a apology from him for that.

I would not be half surprised if Daniel Levy is an absolute snake actually. When you first arrive he's always popping in, making sure you're comfortable, and then once your relationship falls apart he'll send a runner and avoid crossing paths with that person at all costs.

It was ok, TBF. I think Martin Cloake wanted to stress what the meeting was all about - just the vote on the declaration. People making 'off the point' arguments in the chat and sharing the meeting when specifically asked not to annoyed me. But considering the numbers that attended, thought it ran quite smoothly.
Yes the same Martin Cloake that benefited financially from writing a book on our failure to win the Champions league.
All of the trust are in it for the benefit for themselves

All these fans of these clubs asking Boards and owners to resign make me laugh.

And who do they think is going to come in and do so much better?

Ethical billionaires who don't crave power aren't billionaires.

Listening to Ramon Vega on a podcast the other day - when he signed we didn't even have a gym, the players were given cards to David Lloyd in Chigwell....our infrastructure has gone from non league to super league under Enic
Sky TV revenue and the highest ticket prices in the league came into existence. There was more money to do a lot of the things.

Because the bald bastard doesn't see what he did as wrong, there wasn't an apology in his statement. "Regretting the anxiety caused"....fucking load of bollocks. His discussions cause me anxiety every game, we don't get a apology from him for that.

I would not be half surprised if Daniel Levy is an absolute snake actually. When you first arrive he's always popping in, making sure you're comfortable, and then once your relationship falls apart he'll send a runner and avoid crossing paths with that person at all costs.
What did he do wrong? He was offered a spot in the EFL and he took it, should he have turned it down?

Sure it was a pile of shit anti-football bunch of crooks scheme, but no way as CEO of a multi-million pound business could he turn that down.

Just imagine it had worked and that Levy turned it down and West Ham took the spot ... when 10,000 people associated with football, restaurants, pubs and hospitality in Tottenham were out of work as the club dropped out of sight on the big stage and crowds dropped to a few thousand ... you'd be screaming that the bald bastard had screwed us over then as well ...

The EFL was a steaming pile, but accepting a place in it was his only realistic option.

Sure he has been made to look an utter cunt, but that doesn't make his decision wrong.

What did he do wrong? He was offered a spot in the EFL and he took it, should he have turned it down?

Sure it was a pile of shit anti-football bunch of crooks scheme, but no way as CEO of a multi-million pound business could he turn that down.

Just imagine it had worked and that Levy turned it down and West Ham took the spot ... when 10,000 people associated with football, restaurants, pubs and hospitality in Tottenham were out of work as the club dropped out of sight on the big stage and crowds dropped to a few thousand ... you'd be screaming that the bald bastard had screwed us over then as well ...

The EFL was a steaming pile, but accepting a place in it was his only realistic option.

Sure he has been made to look an utter cunt, but that doesn't make his decision wrong.
People can have a view on whether it was right or wrong, but I don't see this "he just went with the flow" argument standing up.
ENIC is obviously trying to build a global sport conglomerate, Levy was in this because it fits with the plan and it would not be surprising if he was one of the architects.

Our supporters trust is cringe.

If you wanted purity and soul, there was a boys club near Tottenham High Road for a few years in victorian times. The rest is a compromise between love and money.

Last edited:
What have they done right besides money?

Deloitte Money League in order with Trophies lifted this Century (Including domestic Charity Shields etc. since 99/00)

Barcelona 35
Real Madrid 30
Bayern Munich 44
Manchester United 25
Liverpool 15
Manchester City 14
Paris Saint German 30
Chelsea 20
Tottenham 1
Juventus 22 (23 including winning Serie B)
Woolwich 16 (7 Charity Shields)
Borussia Dortmund 8
Atletico Madrid 9
Inter Milan 15
Zenit St. Petersburg 17
Schalke 5
Everton 0
Lyon 17
Napoli 4
Eintract Frankfurt 1

Agree. Feels like a childish humph. I do get the feeling. But the Trust should always be looking to constructively engage with the club, however difficult it is. Closing down communication never works to resolve any situation.

It was ok, TBF. I think Martin Cloake wanted to stress what the meeting was all about - just the vote on the declaration. People making 'off the point' arguments in the chat and sharing the meeting when specifically asked not to annoyed me. But considering the numbers that attended, thought it ran quite smoothly.
Martin is excellent

ENIC haven't taken a dividend for years. Levy isn't even the best paid chairman or Club exec in the PL.

Their end game is to make a ton of money, but that's not what they have done so far, this notion that Levy/ENIC have "lined their pockets" from the cash cow that is THFC is utter bollocks. Levy gets a salary (and recently a bonus for the stadium), that's pretty much it.
Wow. So £4m a year as custodian of the club, and last year’s £7m payment too. Plus his shares. If that’s not lining pockets to you then you’re a very lucky and very rich man!

The The Outsider The Outsider troll claiming we were a small club before ENIC took over - utter lies and usual

We were always the second biggest club in London and far more decorated than Chavs then and City and historically always the 5th best club.
If not higher.... I would argue early 80’s (little before time) that we were up there with Utd and Liverpool with a bigger support than the Goons etc

FOR SALE

One football cub.
Believes itself to be in the top 12 clubs in Europe
Never actually finishes the season with a trophy but likes to pretend
Likely to lose major assets soon
Now hated even more by 14 other teams
PRICE 1.6 billion

Agree. Feels like a childish humph. I do get the feeling. But the Trust should always be looking to constructively engage with the club, however difficult it is. Closing down communication never works to resolve any situation.

All they’ve done is make themselves look bad and probably let themselves down ever speaking to the club again. In a few months they’ll moan they can’t get a meeting with the board over something and wonder why.

That may be right but not engaging with him when every other supporter group has with their club makes them look like mugs.

Back
Top Bottom