Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1966 - have you got a problem with me, that's two disagrees you've given me recently- yes, I do keep count!
Fair enough! No problem at all. In both cases, you were dictating to people what you thought they should be allowed to say (or not). I'm not a fan. I like you just fine though.

The changes worked today. Dropping Sissoko and Bergwijn for Lucas and Lamela a massive difference. And seeing Kane against a team that gives him space is always a pleasure. Should've been 3 or 4 really.

Yes West Brom are weak, but they managed to get the ball in the back of the net twice, so it's not as if they were utterly hopeless.

Last edited:
Good team performance. Whole backline played well and we should leave it as is to see if Sanchez can capture a bit of form.

Ndombele Hojbjerg worked well under not too much pressure. Lamela + Lucas both did well enough, Lamela the pick of the two despite Moura's assist. Kane was awesome but for a few missed chances, but clearly our best and most important player by a country mile.

Couldn't have had an easier game to give Mourinho the breathing space required, more big games coming up and the pressure remains on, but this was much improved. Looking forward to seeing Ndombele play with Dele.

Last edited:
Well, well. Job done. Dominant attacking display with chances created. Just like you should play against such teams Jose and not picking fucking Sissoko at right wing like against Fulham.

The bad thing about this win is there are not really any talking points to discuss post match because WBA are so bad. Unlike other wins this season where it was a close game with players looking great, this win is just a simple, routine win it seems.

I can’t blame people for not having a lot to discuss post match.

A 4 or 5 goal thumping would have made a statement. Still feels like we need a good performance/win against everton to give the fans confidence we might get something against city. You're are right this feels expected but so was Brighton and Fulham.

Having ndombele and Hojbjerg in the central midfield made so much difference. They let the defence have less pressure on them and kept the ball moving. Sissoko would of done the opposite. So glad he was dropped today.

Fair enough! No problem at all. In both cases, you were dictating to people what you thought they should be allowed to say (or not). I'm not a fan. I like you just fine though.
Fair enough back. I usually let them fight amongst themselves, but just think that sometimes people overstep the mark, IMO.

We need to upgrade in the positions Moura and lamela take up but I think from our squad they're probably our best bet. I also think bale should at least be 1st option of the bench if we need a goal but mou still isn't convinced....

As mentioned in the Jose thread, I don't see how people can say that was an improved performance. I didn't see the first half granted, but what I saw was no better than what we have seen. The only difference was WBA was the competition.

The passing and movement was so slow and lacking any real game plan. I love watching sides that know what is coming next in a movement. We stare at the man we want to pass to for ages and then make the pass. We don't play subconsciously for many portions of the game except on sublime counter attacks. The rest of the game is labored, slow football.

Back
Top Bottom