Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poor result, honeymoon over. They could win FA Cup as its a one off. Sherwood takes the credit when all's well so should get flack when shite. AV were shite. I understand turning off for the cup final pending although not turning up , no excuse? Where was the TS motivation influence (just shows its all bollocks?

Poor result, honeymoon over. They could win FA Cup as its a one off. Sherwood takes the credit when all's well so should get flack when shite. AV were shite. I understand turning off for the cup final pending although not turning up , no excuse? Where was the TS motivation influence (just shows its all bollocks?
So, if he wins the FA Cup, that's a one off, but yesterday's game is symptomatic of him being utter shite?

I dislike the guy as much as the next bloke, but that's ridiculous.

So, if he wins the FA Cup, that's a one off, but yesterday's game is symptomatic of him being utter shite?

I dislike the guy as much as the next bloke, but that's ridiculous.

i have no feelings for him. I just feel he is not a good coach.
Its all down to players attitude. They will not have to be motivated for a cup final. The players will motivate them selves. I could go as far to say the players didnt need much motivation to stay up other than TS reminding them of the fact they could go down if they carry on the way they were playing without conviction.

The evidence is clear, he is a good coach. What has yet to be proven is if he is a good manager, that will become clearer after he has had a transfer window and a pre-season with his team played the way he wants them to without the threat of relegation hanging over every game and playing in a half empty stadium.

I am pleased they got battered yesterday because if they set up the same (3 at the back) against the scum in the FA Cup Final the result would be the same.

i have no feelings for him. I just feel he is not a good coach.
Its all down to players attitude. They will not have to be motivated for a cup final. The players will motivate them selves. I could go as far to say the players didnt need much motivation to stay up other than TS reminding them of the fact they could go down if they carry on the way they were playing without conviction.
Why sack Lambert if it's that easy? Why pay fortunes to Gaurdiola or Mourinho if it's that easy? Why not employ a manager from Tesco or Debenhams who are good at motivation and available for £80k per year?

Why sack Lambert if it's that easy? Why pay fortunes to Gaurdiola or Mourinho if it's that easy? Why not employ a manager from Tesco or Debenhams who are good at motivation and available for £80k per year?
The Chaves won the CL without a Mourinho or Gaurdiola, the team motivated itself, they knew what was at stake and wanted it. The good managers get their teams focused on the bread and butter games with the big games taking care of themselves. IMO.

Sherwood is a massive bellend, but come on now, if Villa were offered 16th and an FA Cup final when he took over that would've been about the height of what they thought possible to achieve. Cunt's done well, and being able to motivate a talented, underperforming squad to get them to perform is a managerial strength, not a caveat.

The Chaves won the CL without a Mourinho or Gaurdiola, the team motivated itself, they knew what was at stake and wanted it. The good managers get their teams focused on the bread and butter games with the big games taking care of themselves. IMO.
That would suggest that after our matches against Chelsea and Woolwich and others against Stoke and Villa, our manager isn't very good then?

The fact this thread has been so quiet yet come alive after one defeat is testament to the amazing job he's done so far...

Stoke 3 Tottenham 0 people, apply the bollocks spouted above to that one.

oh and remember he beat us fairly recently as well.

That would suggest that after our matches against Chelsea and Woolwich and others against Stoke and Villa, our manager isn't very good then?
When the stakes are high? - 90 WC the England side, for me motivated itself, players changing the formation to suit their needs. BR had nothing to do with the success, he gave in to the players suggestions which proved best in the end. PG of DP might have never got a game if BR had his way. The players were up for it and wanted it. Even the great SRR ( interfered too much at the end and became a liability??
TS will be exposed next season unless he is the next AF.

When the stakes are high? - 90 WC the England side, for me motivated itself, players changing the formation to suit their needs. BR had nothing to do with the success, he gave in to the players suggestions which proved best in the end. PG of DP might have never got a game if BR had his way. The players were up for it and wanted it. Even the great SRR ( interfered too much at the end and became a liability??
TS will be exposed next season unless he is the next AF.
The 90 England WC side was fucking awful and played fucking awfully. Quick recap of results:

England 1-1 ROI - meh
England 0-0 Netherlands - decent result
England 1-0 Egypt (Mark Wright header from a freekick) - Egypt are and were terrible

England 0-0 Belgium, 1-0 AET - took 120 minutes and another goal from a freekick to scrape past a crap Belgian side
England 2-2 Cameroon, 3-2 AET - went behind to fucking Cameroon and managed to scrape through on two penalties
England 1-1 Germany, Germany win on penalties - the first actually good performance of the tournament and England are eliminated

England 1-2 Italy - England beaten by a better Italian side.

In total that's P7 W1 D5 L1, F6 A6 GD 0, the one win being a 1-0 victory over Egypt with a goal from a set piece. Four goals from open play in the whole tournament. Only England could consider that an historically good tournament

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom