Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When the stakes are high? - 90 WC the England side, for me motivated itself, players changing the formation to suit their needs. BR had nothing to do with the success, he gave in to the players suggestions which proved best in the end. PG of DP might have never got a game if BR had his way. The players were up for it and wanted it. Even the great SRR ( interfered too much at the end and became a liability??
TS will be exposed next season unless he is the next AF.
So again - why employ a manager at all? Surely players have enough sense to know a win v Hull is as important as one v Liverpool? Surely they know three points is three points?
And that post took me ten minutes to decipher. Still don't know what SSR is. Took me long enough to work out what you meant by PG of DP. My life is too short for fucking acronyms, so stop being bloody lazy.

The 90 England WC side was fucking awful and played fucking awfully. Quick recap of results:

England 1-1 ROI - meh
England 0-0 Netherlands - decent result
England 1-0 Egypt (Mark Wright header from a freekick) - Egypt are and were terrible

England 0-0 Belgium, 1-0 AET - took 120 minutes and another goal from a freekick to scrape past a crap Belgian side
England 2-2 Cameroon, 3-2 AET - went behind to fucking Cameroon and managed to scrape through on two penalties
England 1-1 Germany, Germany win on penalties - the first actually good performance of the tournament and England are eliminated

England 1-2 Italy - England beaten by a better Italian side.

In total that's P7 W1 D5 L1, F6 A6 GD 0, the one win being a 1-0 victory over Egypt with a goal from a set piece. Two goals from open play in the whole tournament. Only England could consider that an historically good tournament
Only England would consider this a poor tournament. England were the best side in the competition. Had the best player in the tournament PG. England would have beaten Argentina in the final.

So again - why employ a manager at all? Surely players have enough sense to know a win v Hull is as important as one v Liverpool? Surely they know three points is three points?
And that post took me ten minutes to decipher. Still don't know what SSR is. Took me long enough to work out what you meant by PG of DP. My life is too short for fucking acronyms, so stop being bloody lazy.
Sorry off to bed?

One of those statistical analyses of football books (can't remember the name, but you know the ones I mean - Moneyball copycats and follow ons) said that managers can account for 10% of the DIFFERENCE in points totals. Not a massive deal- in fact it's tiny. That's an average figure though, so someone like Mourinho can probably add a few more points than a Neil Warnock, everything else being equal.

The other stat I remember from those books is that corners result in goals about 1% of the time - they're pointless. Hence the Spanish trend for using it as a means to continue possession and not surrender it by flinging it into the box. But I digress....

He's one lucky fucking manager tho. Loses 6-1 & avoids relegation all on the same afternoon. I'd love to see that cunts lottery numbers this Tuesday.
Wishing him even more luck in the FA Cup final. Would love to see him send Wenger into full on meltdown. Please lord. Let it be.

My life is too short to check spellings of players names (SRR , sir Ralph)

Sorry!!

Sir Ronnie Rosenthal

B_A0ITyWwAE2y_T.jpg

Back
Top Bottom