Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs manager Tim Sherwood losing the support of Levy - with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings
Despite an improvement in Tottenham's form, Spurs boss Tim Sherwood hasn't impressed Daniel Levy in his first few games in charge

Swansea-City-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-League-3038356.jpg

The Gaal of it: Sherwood has sealed results on the pitch, but Levy STILL isn't happy
Stu Forster
Tim Sherwood’s hopes of remaining as Tottenham manager are fading – with Louis Van Gaal waiting in the wings to replace him.

It is believed that chairman Daniel Levy , a long-term supporter of Sherwood, has not been impressed by elements of his managerial style.

And Sherwood may instead be offered a role working under Holland boss Van Gaal, who has publicly admitted his desire to manage in the Premier League next season.

Spurs won five of their first six League matches under Sherwood but were thrashed 5-1 at home by Manchester City on Wednesday, damaging their Champions League hopes.

Sherwood has been confident and abrasive in his managerial style – which has upset some players and left Levy wondering about his long-term suitability for the role.

The Spurs boss has also boldly gambled on young midfielder Nabil Bentaleb but the French youngster struggled against City and it was felt in the dressing-room that Sherwood should have considered more experienced options.

Laurence Griffiths - FIFA
2014-FIFA-World-Cup-Final-Draw-2899588.jpg

Louis Van Gaal is waiting in the wings for the Spurs job

Holland boss Van Gaal has not hidden his wish to move to the Premier League and admitted: “Am I still in contact with Spurs? There will come a moment that I can talk about that.

“Look at my CV. I have won a trophy every season during my club career.

“I am a winner and craving a trophy. This is why I am sick of being a national coach. I only see the players eight times a year. I am not enjoying the job of national coach at all.

“After the World Cup I want to coach a big club again and win trophies. Otherwise I will retire.’’

Van Gaal held talks with Levy in December – as revealed by Sunday Mirror Sport – but would not combine the job with his Dutch role and so will only join after the World Cup.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-next-tottenham-3102203#ixzz2s9y5RYnM
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

How wonderful. Not sure if it's a media story or true but already the manager is being undermined, levy is such a dick of a human being if we bring in van Gael and that fucks up levy needs to fuck off.

Tim will most likely end up as another avb and get fired for bad results, but as with Harry even if he does well he is still in danger of getting the boot.
Van Gael Is an abrasive character so how on earth is that supposed to work when according to this article it's Sherwood's abrasive attitude that levy doesn't like, Sherwood is a pussy cat compared to van Gael so how is that going to work.

And that's the problem with most managers it's results or performance that determine the position but with levy if he doesn't like a manager for what ever personality reason that's also enough cause to kick him out the door. Van Gael will probably do a Harry and get results but Piss levy off and get booted.

I am struggling to like the fella as our Manager, but on the whole I think he will do no worse/no better than AVB. If his days as our manger will end at the end of the season I will actually be pissed if he moves out the club. It has been acknowledged that we are building a formidable group of young tallent that will either break into our first team or generate a healthy income in sales (& no doubt Big sell on fees), loosing him and any type of continuity he and his staff have built may have a bigger impact on our club than our current first team manager issues.

On van Gaal; if he is to be appointed what is there not to be optimistic about. I think he will allow us as fans to re-set, ever since 'Arry flashed his knickers our fan base has been polarised, 'arry out/'arry in, AVB in/out and now we are seeing the pattern repeat with Sherwood. I feel the gravitas of van Gaal could be huge for uniting our fan base. If appointed he makes it part of his policy to keep personnel from previous team, IMO that should be Sherwood where he can continue to develope the club and himself.

Anyway, I know I'm jumping ahead but whoever the next appointment is I pray they are universally accepted by the majority of us and that Sherwood continues his previous role with the club.

Sherwood has already mentioned he won't play second fiddle ... If we get van gaal Sherwood will leave

I am struggling to like the fella as our Manager, but on the whole I think he will do no worse/no better than AVB. If his days as our manger will end at the end of the season I will actually be pissed if he moves out the club. It has been acknowledged that we are building a formidable group of young tallent that will either break into our first team or generate a healthy income in sales (& no doubt Big sell on fees), loosing him and any type of continuity he and his staff have built may have a bigger impact on our club than our current first team manager issues.

On van Gaal; if he is to be appointed what is there not to be optimistic about. I think he will allow us as fans to re-set, ever since 'Arry flashed his knickers our fan base has been polarised, 'arry out/'arry in, AVB in/out and now we are seeing the pattern repeat with Sherwood. I feel the gravitas of van Gaal could be huge for uniting our fan base. If appointed he makes it part of his policy to keep personnel from previous team, IMO that should be Sherwood where he can continue to develope the club and himself.

Anyway, I know I'm jumping ahead but whoever the next appointment is I pray they are universally accepted by the majority of us and that Sherwood continues his previous role with the club.
Sounds like van gaal is a no nonsense hard arsed bitch...
apparently when the team he managed was eating together a player(i think it was totti) was slouching when he was eating and van gaal told him to eat upright, he was ignored so he got up and pulled him upright by the collar.

This sort of discipline is what allowed for his teams to be so organised and careful in their play (tactically and with the ball)

I don't know if the story is actually true but I read it somewhere in a book about football management so it's probably right

The thing is, while I respect any manager for holding that level of discipline, it never seems to go down well at Spurs. Thats the catch for me.

Though I do think if anyone can do it LVG can, the guys reputation cannot be overstated

A trophy every season as a club manager..... I hope Louis Louis realises the cursed club he is potentially signing up for!!

Levy did the calculations, he saw AVB was going downhill fast and probably by end of season would be worse off than Timmy in charge, he couldn't get anyone good to take over so he is just going for damage limitation until summer when we have to appoint someone as quickly after world cup as possible before Jan, Hugo and others all leave, he did the percentages figured 25% chance of 4th even if we bought in January so why bother - not my feelings but as a finance guy that's what he would have done and figured even if we didn't get Europa next year as Liverpool have proved, for a reboot that may not be a bad thing

Love the fact that Van Gaal whipped out his dick to prove to Luca Toni that "he had the balls to drop any player".

:lamelashock::walkercry::baeshock:

The thing is, while I respect any manager for holding that level of discipline, it never seems to go down well at Spurs. Thats the catch for me.

Though I do think if anyone can do it LVG can, the guys reputation cannot be overstated
I find it hard to see him working for Levy given both of their reputations, time bomb waiting to explode. Shame.

If we didn't get Europa next year as Liverpool have proved, for a reboot that may not be a bad thing

Normally I always think we should be in Europe even if it is the Europa League. Boring groups but we do end up playing the likes of Lazio, Inter, etc - I love those games. Also love the cheaper tickets for EL games. But this time I must admit I think a season with no distractions could be perfect for a new manager to really get the most out of this squad in the league.

What I don't get is the story about Levy trying to convince Sherwood to buy players and Sherwood saying it wasn't necessary. If Levy is just waiting to get Van Gaal in, why did he want to let Sherwood spend money in January?

Yeah but if you look at what actually happened then it's clear Levy doesn't have much faith in Sherwood. I think it's obvious Sherwood would've liked to sell Capoue and Holtby then recall Carroll but none of that happened. It was media bollocks or tactics designed to make Tims position look more stable than it actually is. I honestly can't see us getting top 4 as the scousers attack is just on another level to ours and tactically their manager is infinitely better and far more settled. They're being run like a proper football club were the manager is in charge and fully supported were as all our geezers in the hot seat are walking on egg shells so to speak.

I think it all comes down to whether Tim is "likeable".

How many people liked him when he was a player, backroom staff, or even stand in manager.

I remember I'd sell him on Championship Manager because he was just not someone I remember taking to.

Friedel is a guy who, in the same shoes, would demand more support because for me, he comes across as a role-model hero type guy. Same with Steffen (who wouldm't want to see him jumping around more!). I never really saw Tim as a Mr Tottenham guy, nor Les. Ginola always did though.

It's probably just subjective though, but I don't see Tim ever being a Bill Nick regardless of results or success, because he just seems so Cunty

I find it hard to see him working for Levy given both of their reputations, time bomb waiting to explode. Shame.

My biggest worry too if we appoint him, but then it will be the first time we've had a manager of his caliber and experience in a very very long time. He'll certainly be the most accomplished manager we've had in my 25 years of supporting Tottenham. So hopefully Levy will loosen the reigns abit and let the bloke transform our club top to bottom over a sustained period of time. A DoF with the experience and rep of Baldini teamed up with a manager of the experience and rep of LvG has win written all over it so fuckn get rid of all the old 'Arry appointments and let these 2 highly rated professional winners control everything on the footballing side of the club.

If we get that chinless cunt van Gaal in, that is instant credibility in my opinion. We could probably attract some class players that wouldn't give us the time of day with Sherwood as gaffer. It would also probably help in keeping Vertonghen and Lloris at least for another season if we don't make top four.

If we get that chinless cunt van Gaal in, that is instant credibility in my opinion. We could probably attract some class players that wouldn't give us the time of day with Sherwood as gaffer. It would also probably help in keeping Vertonghen and Lloris at least for another season if we don't make top four.
This. Go to any player outside of England in the summer and say I want you to come and play for Timmy Sherwood's grand project and they'll say, "Weasel who"?

Say "come work for the man who's won top trophies in club football in every job he's had" and the prospect seems a lot more inviting. I think this applies to the existing players like Lloris as well.

Irrespectively of what I think of Weasel or whether or not he gets us top four, I think we'd be absolute fools not to get VanGaal in if he's making the right noises about joining us. If he's won trophies everywhere he's gone, then surely he's got enough about him to push us over the line to top four?

LvG would be enough to restore my confidence in Levy. I suspect though it won't happen after Daniel balks at LvG's salary demands. We'll probably end up with Weasel sacked and Gus Poyet running the show. :llorishuh:

If we get van Gaal and Sherwood leaves, he leaves an opportunity to learn under one of the best youth coaches of this generation, and he used to be development coach.

But I figure his ego will take over.

Back
Top Bottom