To Renew or not Renew poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you, as an existing St holder renew ?

• Yes

Votes: 58 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters
Well my understanding was that any ST money we get is held in an account and we can only call off money 1 game at a time.
So we might get a load of money in an account somewhere but all we can do in reality is get to the funds for our 1st game. Which would be about 20k fans.....

But that may be totally wrong! Anecdotal......
I think the deposit has to be paid regardless, and then if there are any games which can be attended and you are successful on the ballot then you will have to pay for these on a game by game basis, im not sure if the money comes out of the deposit first, any way whatever happens it looks like Levy has got himself a nice little interest free loan from us fans! :levylol:

Well my understanding was that any ST money we get is held in an account and we can only call off money 1 game at a time.
So we might get a load of money in an account somewhere but all we can do in reality is get to the funds for our 1st game. Which would be about 20k fans.....

But that may be totally wrong! Anecdotal......

You’re probably not far out on a game by game basis at restricted capacity. 25% capacity would be about 15k fans and at an average of say £70 each is about £1m. That money would not come from the 20% deposits though, which is held in a shoebox somewhere until we are back to full capacity.

I agree for the Premier League and probably Championship clubs, but I’m not so sure that all League 1 & 2 clubs will be able to pay players and management if this goes on much longer.
BBC London News did a piece on Haringey Borough. I'll try find it. I would hope a club like spurs would help them out.

There was another club where the chairman remortgaged his house to keep the club alive.

Whatever happens regarding non-renewals the club are only getting max 20% of last season's ST money up front and in the worst case even that may be held over until next season. Grim times ahead for everyone employed in the football world.

Or is it?

Wondered how long it would be before this kind of talk started. I listen to the Top Flight Time Machine podcast and early on during lockdown Sam Delaney was riffing on this subject. I say riffing because I think it has just occurred to him...

The gist on top of that article plus Delaney’s more plangent offering was that ‘the clubs, owners, managers and most evidently, the players couldn’t give a shit. In fact they fucking hate us anyway - we are an aggregation for them with our moaning and heaping on of pressure’. Got a point

If people don't renew I wonder what effect it will have on those employees at the club. Season ticket money is usually guaranteed income. If it isn't there and as we tried to furlough staff in the Spring I wonder if we will be having to make some redundancies?
The Government have scrapped fan trials and talking about closing Pubs and restaurants to allow Schools to open. It is difficult to see them allowing fans back in the grounds any time soon. The club cannot keep paying staff to do nothing and will have to let staff go. Any season ticket money will have to be saved in case it needs to be returned.

The Government have scrapped fan trials and talking about closing Pubs and restaurants to allow Schools to open. It is difficult to see them allowing fans back in the grounds any time soon. The club cannot keep paying staff to do nothing and will have to let staff go. Any season ticket money will have to be saved in case it needs to be returned.
I wonder how many of the match day staff are on 0 hours contracts any way?

FYI members - got this today

Please be advised that your One Hotspur Membership will automatically renew for the 2020/21 season.

Please find details of your direct debit payment which will be collected from your registered bank account on or just afterMonday 24th August.

Yup, same here..

£49.50 with pretty much no hope of getting a ticket when/if the doors are opened again (assuming it will be reduced capacity)

Not too happy tbh.

FYI members - got this today

Please be advised that your One Hotspur Membership will automatically renew for the 2020/21 season.

Please find details of your direct debit payment which will be collected from your registered bank account on or just afterMonday 24th August.
as long as you plan on spending over £500 on club merchandise then you can get your money back with the 10% discount :levylol:

2020/21 BENEFITS
All renewed members for the 2020/21 season will receive:
FREE access to watch our pre-season matches live online this summer worth £20
A digital voucher for our Spurs Shop online worth £14.99 (inc. P&P)
Club and partner discounts
Access to the One Hotspur Moments rewards programme

You will also retain any Ticketing Points (previously known as Loyalty Points) you have accumulated from the previous four seasons, as well as earn 15 points for renewing as a One Hotspur Plus Adult and an additional 5 points for paying by Direct Debit.

Thank you for being a One Hotspur Member.​

No chance of a ticket then ?

:levylol:

2020/21 BENEFITS

You will also retain any Ticketing Points (previously known as Loyalty Points) you have accumulated from the previous four seasons, as well as earn 15 points for renewing as a One Hotspur Plus Adult and an additional 5 points for paying by Direct Debit.

Ooh, is that £14.99 at the online shop WITH free P&P?
Probably not.
:sonhmm:

2020/21 BENEFITS

So it’s a £50 fee to retain your points and your place on the ST waiting list. Is that really good value for anyone low down the points table or who doesn’t want an ST?

Yeah. Pay up to get absolutely eff all, but keep your place in the ludicrous "waiting list" that includes everyone who just wants the odd. Ticket. Or lose that and save 50 squid. Great.

Back
Top Bottom