Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
4th place guarantees European Cup football now anyway after the demise of Woolwich. Now for the easy bit of getting into the Top 4.

Even better, imagine being first at the turn of the year/practically half-way through the season and possibly doing the same - Klopp getting an easy ride...

Klopp lost his top 3 CB's and still looks like they will at worst get EL with a decent shot at CL. He also has won the CL and PL in the past two years so has earned a bit of that "easy ride" that he is supposedly getting.

Spurs going to need help from:
  • themselves - must win all 3 remaining matches
  • Leicester City, Aston Villa - must limit Chelsea to 1 point
  • West Bromwich, Burnley, Crystal Palace - must limit Liverpool to 4 points
0Kvb2lu.png

Even if all of those happen, scenarios may require tiebreaker with goals.
I stopped reading after 'themselves'

But there really isn’t mate because Liverpool have got piss easy games and won’t be dropping many points. We also need Chelsea to fuck up too, plus win both our games. It ain’t happening mate. Give it up ffs, we are not good enough

You mean we haven’t been good enough?

Had we not dropped a quarter of those 20 points from winning positions we’d be in it. We’ll only miss out by a few points I bet. Dier giving away a penalty against Chelsea, Son hitting the post against Fulham home when 1 up. The season is absolutely littered with fine margins where we have been too passive and it has cost us. Had we sacked Mourinho earlier who knows what may have been different but I suspect we’d be sat in the top four this afternoon. Possibly comfortably.

Top 4?! We are winning the title! Chelsea, city & united spending is a waste of time & Liverpool & VVD are crap. Woolwich are a joke club. Levy & ENIC have got this. Chill.

An element of Yes and No to that, I’d feel. Mourinho I’d say was on the absolute brink after the loss to the Spammers. You couldn’t have hand picked three nicer fixtures (on paper anyway) to save his job and 3 wins duly were picked up against the sides in 15, 18 and 13 place, with a more welcome attacking mindset in the two home games.

Chavs are 2 points ahead of us (same number of games played) with 47 points from 27. That has the Chavs on target for 66 points. 3rd and 4th both got 66 points last season. Shit and all as we were over that 2 months, we were still always just about on the periphery of Top 4. Chavs who were on a run every bit as bad as ours over 10 league games, went from 9th to 4th with 4 consecutive wins. I’d suspect that 23/24 out of 33 points from our last 11 games would secure 4th.
Yes. I think that we need 25 points, more and less, to get Top 4 from the last 33 points. We have away games very difficult, like Woolwich, Leicester and United at home, so i think we need to win Europa League to get CL.

I think Chelsea is the favourite to finish at least in 4th, now with Tuchel...

Chelsea winning again and looking a good outfit. They made a bold decision with Lampard snd look at them.
Its going to be around 70 pts for 4th. Unless we go on an absurd run of winning say 8 and drawing 1 or 2 of our last 11 we aren't going to do it.
I agree Chelsea look strong but for some reason I expect them to slip up in the "easier" games, not sure why.

We would need to be so consistent with a long winning run to make 4th or 3rd. Unlikely I'm sad to say but you never know.

I'd take winning the Europa, doing Woolwich on the weekend and finishing 5th.

I think Utd, City and Chavs will probably be nailed on. So we need to win our games and hope Spam and Leicester fall away.

Looking at the fixtures Leicester still have to play Utd, City, Chelsea and us. So they'll definitely drop points.

But we need to win nearly all our games which will be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom