Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before every season on here there's fear over a team who are 'winning' the transfer window and are gonna be much stronger than us.

Every season that team fails.

Usually it's Everton. This year it's Chelsea.

We'll finish above them and Man Utd.

3rd for me.

Personally think Man City, Leicester and Man Utd are uncatchable for us.

Chelsea have already righted their issues with appointing Tuchel, win tonight 6 points clear of us. We won't be catching them. Then there is Liverpool, we are giving them a head start, do we really think we are catching them ?
And that is not to discount Everton, Villa and West Ham, who we are all giving head starts to and are playing much better than us.

Only hope is to do a Chelsea, get rid of manager and hope for new manager bounce.
As things currently stand don't expect Mourinho to get us any European Football at all for next season, and apart from games against maybe Sheff Utd, West Brom I would not be backing us to win.
We should still be good enough to beat the likes of Newcastle, but I wouldn't back us to beat any other team in League currently under this manager. I currently rate us at a Palace. Burnley, Brighton, Fulham level of team (and considering we have drawn with 3 of them and lost to the other recently think that is fair). Would you see any of them going on a run we would need to ?

We have 13 games left to play and 39 points...... and we have 39 points on the board now.

1 Where we want to get to.

So still all to play for, and 6 points off Wham in 4th with a game on hand.

And above them in 3rd place are Leicester with 49 points.... but they seem to be in freefall due to injuries.

So there may well be 2 places in the top 4 up for grabs still.

2 Players Back

If Bale's improvement in form continues, he gives us a 3rd reliable goalscorer to add to Kane and Son....and maybe Dele is back in some sort of form to add to the forward options we have had available this season.

So more rotation options to ensure Kane and Son are not over-played ..... and more goals scored than in the first part of the season.

And if Lo Celso is back fully fit in the next 10 days, adding a tenacious creative player to our CM options vastly increases our rotation options in a place where we have been short ......... giving more protection t our defence and chance creation for our forwards.

So all options open, we just need to pick up the points.

We definitely ain’t getting top 4 guys. Think we need to take a step back for a second and not get too over excited here. Yesterday was a breath of fresh air and I am excited as anyone to see Bale come back to form in the last 4 games, but for us to get top 4, we need to rely on pretty much 3/4 teams dropping a huge amount of points, plus us winning most of our remaining games. With our dogshit defence, this isn’t happening. We are finishing 6th or 7th at best unfortunately. Our piss poor form the last 2 months is our downfall. Europa league though is a different story and this is by far our best chance of winning a trophy, plus getting into the CL. The league cup to come too obviously.

Why is it going to take 10 wins from 13?
Win our game in hand and we're 3 points from 4th.
Our goal difference is better than West Ham, Liverpool and Everton. Leicester are in utter free fall.
All we need to do is win that game in hand and then win a game more than the teams between us and 4th.
"All we need to do is..."

giphy.gif

or maybe...

giphy.gif

4th place and beating Woolwich in the Europa League final, thus denying Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool and Woolwich places in the Champions League next season?

giphy.gif

I’ve just seen Chelsea, West Ham and Everton’s schedules and I think we have the easiest of the lot.

With the way Leicester are playing and with the schedule that they have, I think they could blow their lead as well.

We simply have to win tomorrow, can’t describe how important it is.

Far to many chances we have had and far too many times we have fucked it. Chelsea and Westham won’t keep dropping points and neither will Liverpool. All 3 will come above us easily. We are the biggest bunch of bottling shit cunts on the planet

Good result tonight. Everton drew with BHA.
Newcastle just hit a bit of form. 10 man Leeds just beat City away.
But you have to say that the Everton game really is must win.
OK, we lost but I was encouraged that we didn't lose because of feck ups and we put in a reasonable performance against the 2nd best team in England, unbeaten away for over a year.
The fat lady ain't sung yet.

oh here we go, the next “must win “ post. Then, when we inevitably drop points to Everton, it will be the next league game is the must win. Then the next. Just give it up mate ffs. This Spurs team under this gutless coward are a fucking shambles. We can’t defend a lead. We can’t win games. We don’t beat teams in the top half. We don’t take advantage of others misfortune. We are an absolute shambles of a team and we are not getting Top 4 or coming remotely close to it, 8th or 9th at best and it’s what we throughly deserve. Stop with this delusion mate, it’s embarrassing.

Jesus

We could lose our next 5 games 5-0 and you would still look on the bright side and be posting tables for our next must win game in our aim to finish 13th.
We're 7th, not 17th.
We are 7 points behind Leicester who are in 3rd and we have to play them.
We are not a team of mugs. We have great players and are well capable of putting a run together.
But if you and others want to wallow in misery-be my guest.
I am looking forward to the Everton game as I look forward to every game we play.

2Man Utd312763
3Leicester311856
4West Ham311255
5Chelsea311954
6Liverpool311652
7Tottenham311749
8Everton30348

Wish we’d have sacked Jose a month or two ago, might have had a real chance of top 4. We are now reliant on other fucking up to some degree.

Jose a man who has declined so much that Ryan Mason produces better football in his first game than we have for many many months.

I still don't think it will happen unfortunately.

Still though, I would take Europa again, despite the way it ended, there were still some fun matches along the way and it would be great to get players like Skipp and Rodon a lot of minutes.

Top 4 was gone for a long time. Finishing 5th wouldn’t be that bad given the state we’ve been in this season and that’s what we should try to do.

Back
Top Bottom