Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Then it's simple...

We knock out the Dortmund-men.

856.gif

It may not be everyones opinion but if we couldnt fight on all fronts I am happy we kept going in Europe

When people say FA Cup they talk about Wembley, the final. With this competition every round now will be special, home and away against a great side, this competition is great for the club every round, perfect for the kids to keep learning, Fiorentina a superb well managed side and we did them 4-1 on aggregate and I love it

Well impressed with that performance tonight. It looked at times like we was playing a 4-6-0 formation with different players taking their turns to push into the box. Don't think Florence knew how to handle it. Imagine if Poch was England U21 manager. I reckon we'd see a clean sweep.

It may not be everyones opinion but if we couldnt fight on all fronts I am happy we kept going in Europe

When people say FA Cup they talk about Wembley, the final. With this competition every round now will be special, home and away against a great side, this competition is great for the club every round, perfect for the kids to keep learning, Fiorentina a superb well managed side and we did them 4-1 on aggregate and I love it

Yep, Sunday seems a long time ago now. I was well pissed off losing to Palace, but after few days reflection it's not so bad. Imagine winning this and making our European trophy count 4 to the scum's 1.

Just back

What a night, the team were very, very good. Completely controlled the game.

The park lane were the stand out for me, credit to all of them in there tonight, bloody fantastic support, even the Paxton joined in!!! Such a sore throat!!

The only negative for me was the match officials, absolutely incompetent performance from the ref and his assistants, I have seen better officiating in a parks Sunday morning game.

Wow, that was probably the best atmosphere in a Europa match I can remember since the Jol era. The Park Lane/Shelfside chant just kept going and going and getting louder and louder... must have been a full 5 or 6 minutes non-stop. And then suddenly, I don't know how, but everybody just knew the exact time to stop, and broke into 'yiddos, yiddos, yiddos' and applause perfectly in sync. It was absolutely fucking beautiful.

...it was a perfect storm where everyone just kept going...
Put me in mind of the 20 minute continuous "Martin Jol's Blue'n'White Army" chant* all those years back (seems like a lifetime ago!!)

*ahem, which I started in the Park Lane... I tenkyouverymuch!
Heard somebody to my right try to get the 'Sunday Monday Harry Kane' song going today... and I bet it was you?

Back
Top Bottom