Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still on my home... what a fucking night. I can't speak after singing to the shelf side for ages (Park Lane Upper) What seemed like ages during the second half.

Don't go to many games but I glad I went to this game.

Thought we got a great result and played very well and controlled the game.

Shout out out to Mason for his goal, Lemela deserved a goal ( this comp has is name written all over it )... and fortunate 3rd.

Shout out to the Italians they cheered through out and had some gid bants

COYS

If I can't pronounce his name (Huw) I disregard him as a human being entirely.... seeing what he looks like only confirms that.
11207348_10153367860212803_3217404763854659430_n.jpg

I left after the second goal as it was faaaakin taters and me needed a jimmy and was hank marvin too i knew the tie was won.
From the 65mins of watching, was especially impressed with the midfield(apart from lamela`s passing), they all worked hard and got stuck in.
Our opponents were quite shite though i must say and so was the ref.

shame Dele will miss the 1st leg of the next round.

Just back in the hotel now, what a night boys. The park lane / shelf side chant was immense, the longest one I've been part of for sure. Was a bit annoyied at block 41 tho, wish I was in park lane lower

Just got back after a stupid amount of travelling thanks to fucked up motorways on the westside. I missed the first 10 minutes but the rest of the match was very enjoyable. The highlight for me was the chanting between the Shelf and the PL in the second half. I normally sit in the PL but got a late ticket in block H. Seeing the whole PL Upper rising up for "We're the Park Lane Tottenham" time and time again, getting louder and louder - even the far blocks fully involved - was simply immense. The Shelf Upper was loving it too. I even hoped that maybe even the Paxton might similarly join in, but not quite - although plenty were clearly trying! There's a lot of shit on this forum about the atmosphere at WHL but, for me, it is very good this season. There was a match going on too - and we dispatched a very decent side with some ease, and some great football along the way. Ref was utter shite. But tonight was all about the fans and our beautiful little stadium. Wonderful evening. If this is what the Europa League brings then long may it continue.

First time tonight that i`ve thought that the judas song needs doing away with.
Park lane lower(surprise surprise) started it off in the first fucking minute.
We`ve got enough other good songs we can sing now.

Glory Glory Hallelujah got a decent airing tonight i must say, whilst "oh when the spurs" never(which was pleasing).
Plus the songs for individual players was alright.
Plenty of Yid chants/songs which were great as usual.

Another fantastic night of entertainment for those of us lucky enough to be Spurs. I was in the south end of the ever quiet West stand and got to watch every glorious exchange of the Park Lane / Shelf side. Stirring stuff and applauded around the ground. Made you proud.
As much as I've been dreaming of Champions League football I'm going to miss the Europa. I'm not a member but I've managed to get tickets to every home game for 28 quid a pop. Champions League matches will all be sold out by the time I even have a chance to bid, but would cost double that even for the seat directly behind the Shelf pillar.
Hoping that, given the short time til the next game, there'll still be plenty left by the time they reach general sale, this has been a great ride. Good results, good matches and a chance to see a lot of players get time on the pitch.
Now if they'd just get rid of the fact Champions League rejects drop into the Europa and UEFA could have a great competition...

Fuck all this talk of fixture congestion, how the fuck could you not want to watch this team as much as possible?

A lot of clubs will be in the same situation, regardless of European Football:

Man City in CL and LC
Woolwich in FA Cup
United in EL and FA
Chelsea possibly still in the CL and FA cup

The only real worry is Kane and Dier and how tired they get. Elsewhere we have the cover/system that players can rotate or won't do much running.

It isn't too bad until we get to the quarter finals, and then it becomes very hard, depending on if other clubs are still in Europe/Cups (Bold is games we may drop points in)

EL Last 16 game - 10th March (4 days rest after NDL)
Aston Villa -13th (Easy Game, but only 2 days rest. Hope they stay shit)
EL Last 16 game - 17th March (3 days rest, woot!)
Bouremouth - 20th March (2 days rest, Could be worse)

Then it becomes really tough. Kane can't play all these 4 games, he will need to rest for 1 and possibly 2.

EL Quarter Final - 7th April (4 days rest after Liverpool)
United - 10th April (2 days rest, will be V. Tough. Hopefully they get through to the quarter finals with us and go far in the FA cup)
EL Quarter Final - 14th April (3 days rest)
Stoke - 17th April (2 days rest. This will be hard too. I'd take a draw. They're out of all cups)

This is even worse. 4 games in 11 days. Again, Kane can't play all of them.

EL Semi Final - 28th April (4 days rest after West Brom, shouldn't be too testing)
Chelsea - 1st May ( 2 days rest. Will be very hard and could drop points. They could be tired due to FA/CL though)
EL Semi Final - 5th May (3 days rest. Could be difficult to recover)
Southampton - 8th May (2 days rest. Another really hard game and they are not in any cups)

Newcastle - 15th May (May be fighting for their lives and their home form isn't too awful. Could be difficult)

EL Final - 18th. Yes, the fucking 18th. This gives us 2 days rest. This is an absolute joke and really shitty for us. Hopefully something can be brought forward or pushed back (It won't be. Neither the Prem or EL will compromise for us). Really, really poor to have the final so close to the last game, at least give us 4-5 days rest.

I want us to go far, I want us to win it but it will mean points dropped and it will mean resting Kane. We could be in a tough situation if we go 1st in the Premier League and get to the Quarter Finals. Go for the title or go for Europe? Which games do you rest Kane for then? I think we'll have to give up one of them.

If we go 1st in the Premier League, I'd go all out to win that no matter the cost.

Man City in CL and LC
Woolwich in FA Cup
United in EL and FA

The only real worry is Kane and Dier and how tired they get. Elsewhere we have the cover/system that players can rotate or won't do much running.

It isn't too bad until we get to the quarter finals, and then it becomes very hard, depending on if other clubs are still in Europe/Cups (Bold is games we may drop points in)

Then it becomes really tough. Kane can't play all these 4 games, he will need to rest for 1 and possibly 2.

United - 10th April (2 days rest, will be V. Tough. Hopefully they get through to the quarter finals with us and go far in the FA cup)
Stoke - 17th April (2 days rest. This will be hard too. I'd take a draw. They're out of all cups)

EL Semi Final - 28th April (4 days rest after West Brom, shouldn't be too testing)
Chelsea - 1st May ( 2 days rest. Will be very hard and could drop points. They could be tired due to FA/CL though)
Southampton - 8th May (2 days rest. Another really hard game and they are not in any cups)

Newcastle - 15th May (May be fighting for their lives and their home form isn't too awful. Could be difficult)

EL Final - 18th. Yes, the fucking 18th. This gives us 2 days rest. This is an absolute joke and really shitty for us. Hopefully something can be brought forward or pushed back (It won't be. Neither the Prem or EL will compromise for us). Really, really poor to have the final so close to the last game, at least give us 4-5 days rest.

I want us to go far, I want us to win it but it will mean points dropped and it will mean resting Kane. We could be in a tough situation if we go 1st in the Premier League and get to the Quarter Finals. Go for the title or go for Europe? Which games do you rest Kane for then? I think we'll have to give up one of them.

If we go 1st in the Premier League, I'd go all out to win that no matter the cost.

Will theoretically all our players be back by then, including Njie? He could do a job if we're sitting nicely (against either lower teams/Europa)

But I say audere est facere. If Kane wants to take em all, then I would let him to be honest. You're much more sensible than me though.

Man City in CL and LC
Woolwich in FA Cup
United in EL and FA

Who are we playing next?

I feel we are able to play the occasion rather than the game (which goes against everything I believe).
Clean sheet, they didn't score? Mason back to where he was before he got injured. Glad to see Utd win, keeps them ticking over. Want them to do us a favour on Sunday so need them in high spirits .

Back
Top Bottom