Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of both. Same with Monaco/Ligue 1.

It was still a strong side we played. If Davies and Trippier are seen as second string fullbacks then we are blessed in that department.

Mason, while not a first choice midfielder, is still a good quality player.

Chadli up front, yeah that's less convincing, you wouldn't want to rely on him playing as striker in the league every week. But it's not like he's useless there.

I thought Chadli did a job and remember it was his shot their keeper couldn't hold when Coco scored

:chadliblow:

Only saw parts of the game as i was watching Anderlecht, who got trolled by a northern irish referee called Hunter. Worst ref i've ever seen.

Anyway we looked very comfortable, relaxed even. Was it like this in the beginning of the game too ?

Still buzzing from last night.
Some of the Europa games have been a bit Meh this season but that was quality on and off the pitch.
Haven't heard a sustained singalong like that in a long time, We were all laughing after 10 minutes of shelf side/parklane as it just didn't want to end.

Dortmund next please, a proper tie. That'll show where we are currently.

I understand what you're getting at. But we're no longer - at present at least - the 5th or 6th best team in England. We're among the best three teams. Why wouldn't we be able to beat the teams mentioned. It's not exactly the very top teams from those leagues. I didn't fancy AVB much, but he was right in that the EL, especially after the group stages, is important because it's preparation for the CL. Playing Napoli or Dortmund in two close matches will be invaluable experience for the vast majority of our squad, who hasn't tried those ties much if at all.
I would suspect that the English clubs will be the only clubs that will be drawn against each other and we will get either Man U or Liverpool.
Myself I don't care who we get.
However, it's a fucking tragedy the 9 of the last 16 in the Europa League are CL drop out teams.
It's also a fucking tragedy that 6 of the 16 winners of the Europa Legaue since 1999/2000 have been from the CL, 11 of the 16 finals have featured a CL drop out team & 4 of those 16 finals being contested solely between CL drop out teams.

How was the City game and your pint with Lewis?
Game was fantastic. Didn't spend much time chatting because the beer queue was too long. I was stood right at the end of our row with just the stewards and about 3 seats away from their fans which made it even more. I got a film of our celebrations at the end but I don't know how to put it on here

Got to love The Mail...was this cunt even at the match, or did he prepare this before it?

"Tottenham may have improved their meagre win percentage without Harry Kane in the side, but there was something in the striker’s absence from Mauricio Pochettino’s starting line-up which showed how his is becoming an irreplaceable presence on the field.

Even while he sat out the win against Fiorentina with a broken nose — sustained against Crystal Palace the weekend before — it was like his ghost was still haunting White Hart Lane.

The atmosphere felt flatter, the voices quieter, no call for the ‘Harry Kane, he’s one of our own’ chants which frequently punctuate the action whenever he influences play."

Back
Top Bottom