Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great performance. Not sure if it shows be strong our squad is or how poor Serie A is.

Bit of both. Same with Monaco/Ligue 1.

It was still a strong side we played. If Davies and Trippier are seen as second string fullbacks then we are blessed in that department.

Mason, while not a first choice midfielder, is still a good quality player.

Chadli up front, yeah that's less convincing, you wouldn't want to rely on him playing as striker in the league every week. But it's not like he's useless there.

First time tonight that i`ve thought that the judas song needs doing away with.
Park lane lower(surprise surprise) started it off in the first fucking minute.
We`ve got enough other good songs we can sing now.

Glory Glory Hallelujah got a decent airing tonight i must say, whilst "oh when the spurs" never(which was pleasing).
Plus the songs for individual players was alright.
Plenty of Yid chants/songs which were great as usual.
Hate the judas sthickt. We're building a new Spurs narrative. We're the future now.

Heard somebody to my right try to get the 'Sunday Monday Harry Kane' song going today... and I bet it was you?
Haaa Haaa, wasn't me this time I'm afraid... I'd long since given up trying to get that going, especially since "Harry Kane, He's One of our own" has rocketed up the chants!! (see what I did there?)

Funnily enough, when the "Ryan Mason... he's one of our own" got sung as he was being subbed... I thought two things;
1) Maybe that could now free up a space where Kane's old song went, and the "Harry Kane/Happy Days" one could make a reappearance...?
and when i'd stopped thinking about my own personal glory in trying to start that song up again, I got to thinking some more...

2) There's a niche in the market, as we are now in an almost unique position where we could actually sing "He's one of our own..." to FIVE OR SIX of our homegrown players... like an ironic twist on the old "All I want is a team of Robbie Keane's"...
We could simply list a run-down of all our homegrowns, and sing "He's one of our own... he's one of our ownnnn..." for each one
- HARRY KANE... he's one of our own...
- RYAN MASON... he's one of our own...
- NABIL BENT-A-LEB... he's one of our own...
(which also scans really well if you think about it)
- TOMMY CARROLL... he's one of our own...
- JOSH ONOMAH... he's one of our own...
- NATHAN ODUWA... he's one of our own...

and finished off with; "Alex Pritchard, he's still out on loan!"

Last edited:
Haaa Haaa, wasn't me time I'm afraid... I'd long since given up trying to get that going, especially since "Harry Kane, He's One of our own" has rocketed up the chants!! (see what I did there?)

Funnily enough, when the "Ryan Mason... he's one of our own" got sung as he was being subbed... I thought two things;
1) Maybe that could now free up a space where Kane's old song went, and the "Harry Kane/Happy Days" one could make a reappearance...?
and when i'd stopped thinking about my own personal glory in trying to start that song up again, I got to thinking some more...

2) There's a niche in the market, as we are now in an almost unique position where we could actually sing "He's one of our own..." to FIVE OR SIX of our homegrown players... like an ironic twist on the old "All I want is a team of Robbie Keane's"...
We could simply list a run-down of all our homegrowns, and sing "He's one of our own... he's one of our ownnnn..." for each one

If you're including Oduwa then surely you've got to include McGee... also where is the legend that his Harry Winks?

Just looking at the match stats at the end of our match report on the BBC website over my morning cuppa. Did we really have less possession than them last night? I thought we were well in control in every area & whilst the only stat that matters is the result & we were superb overall, that does baffle me.

Swansea :dierno:

The Europa League draw is tomorrow, 1 Pm CET. No idea what that is in GMT, 2?

12 noon here.

Just seen there is no seeding so we'll know there and then if we're away/home first.

Anyway, I was in Block 31 last night and the PL-Shelf exchange brought a tear to my eye. Bit wobbly early doors but ended up controlling the game well by half time. I was spellbound by Toby and Hugo's performances. Ryan back in the side was great to see. Palace result straight behind us, marching on in two competitions, never been a better time to be a Spurs fan.

Last edited:
Agree about the Judas chants. I refuse to sing them. Mainly because I don't ever say that cunts name.
Can't wait till the 5th. Next game I'm down to its going to be off the hook

Haaa Haaa, wasn't me time I'm afraid... I'd long since given up trying to get that going, especially since "Harry Kane, He's One of our own" has rocketed up the chants!! (see what I did there?)

Love number 2. Could even do it to the 'being a Yid/fucking head in' tune:

- They're all homegrown, they're all homegrown,
- The thing I love most is they're all homegrown.

- HARRY WINKS... he's one of our own...
- ALEX PRITCHARD... he's still out on loan!

If I can't pronounce his name (Huw) I disregard him as a human being entirely.... seeing what he looks like only confirms that.
11207348_10153367860212803_3217404763854659430_n.jpg

What a loser, bet he was crying into his cornflakes this morning after the Viola were taught a master class in squad rotation and extracting a professional result :kaneshh:

Love number 2. Could even do it to the 'being a Yid/fucking head in' tune:

- HARRY WINKS... he's one of our own...
- ALEX PRITCHARD... he's still out on loan!
Bentaleb one of our own/homegrown is questionable.

Back
Top Bottom