Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trying to look on the bright side, it's only "half time " and their heroics have generally come away from home. Feel a little deflated but considering our circumstances, it could have been a lot worse. Hopefully, we will be able to put in a better performance next week. Don't like criticising individuals but felt a bit let down by Eriksen and Dele, they are supposed to be our big game players. Danny played well and Moussa was immense when he came on. Poor Jan, hope he is all right for next week but he looked at sorry state when he came off the second time. What were they thinking letting him back on!
Making my way to the station now.

I'm too tired to do a soup to nuts breakdown, suffice to say -0-1 ain't too bad a result, we are still in this tie. If Ajax continued to play as they did against Madrid and Juve then I honestly wouldn't be saying this. They were sensational for 25mis, we couldn't get near them, they were popping the ball about all over the place and we were just chasing shadows. Honestly, I thought we were going to get destroyed. And when both Toby and Jan were both lying in the penalty area I thought that's it.

BUT, we rallied after Jan went off. Sissoko DID make the difference (Wanyama was shocking, although on his own against that movement). We were the better side in the 2nd half (obviously not to the margins of better than Ajax were to us for their 25min spell).

We can beat them, in fact, I thought once we broke up their midfield they didn't have anything. Bare in mind we played with no midfield and no attack. In Amsterdam we will have an attack, we can get behind them with Son and Lucas running behind them.

It's not over.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I looked at an Ajax forum and definitely some underestimating going on from some of your fans.

I think it's pretty equal because you have good players too, why else would us and other even bigger clubs want to sign them? And with both Kane and Son out, maybe some other key players I don't see a lot between us. 50/50, imo.

Haha well Ajax fans have the name to be a bit cocky. I also believe that without Kane and Son it's a 50/50. But no matter what happens, we can say both clubs have had an amazing journey in the CL this season!

Feeling a bit numb this morning, partly due to the result and partly due to tiredness and too much beer.

Last night was the biggest match we could ever have had at our own stadium. I just wish we’d all enjoyed it more. I think the occasion beat the players and we couldn’t get going. Yes we need better backup players but we could still have given it more of a go. The goal seemed like a shocker to concede.

There was also too much tension and negativity in the stands, although the atmosphere was decent at times.

It’s the CL semi finals FGS. Too many people were on players’ backs and abusing our own players. I got into an argument with a group of young spotty twats who thought they were hard insulting everyone in Lillywhite. Really makes me question whether I want to keep going, but at least it wasn’t my normal ST seat.

Nothing to lose next week but we have to find a way to release the tiredness and tension in our squad. Playing with a bit of freedom, pace and ambition, and we can still win this tie without a shadow of a doubt.

COYS.

12 days wait.

It’s unbelievable we have waited this long to get in the ground and in the 1st month we get to play a CL QF and Semi final there.

I’m living a dream surely.

Swear this CL run is for my mum.

When we got that last minute VAR decision last night I went a bit mental then went over kissed my dad and said mums on VAR duty tonight.

Amazing.

We really have to make that stadium something else in 12 days time. Fucking COYS!!

Can’t believe we are going in to a champions league semi final! Against my favourite European team aswell!

This is what Poch has asked for, this is why he doesn’t take domestic cups as seriously. If there is any stage that he will want to prove himself on this is it.

This. The biggest trophy of them all! 2 brilliant footballing sides going at it, fuck the injuries fuck the suspensions. Poch will have us ready and firing.

A proper glory glory night, the first half of which to be played at our new home. Now is the time, now we fight.

We can do this, we can go all the fucking way. Now that we are here in the semi final, I will allow myself to dream and get carried away. We all should.

Just imagine Hugo lifting that beautiful trophy in Madrid. Kane beating his chest loudly and proudly next to him having come back from injury just in time to score the winner from the bench.

Klopp’s face when their usual offside Salah injury time equaliser doesn’t work for once, it is actually chalked off this time due to VAR.

We got past city, Dortmund, Barca and inter to get here. We can do this, glory awaits it is there for the taking. We just need to fight. :tobyarm::lamelaaghh::lamelaaghh::tobyarm:

The shape, if not personnel of how we played on Saturday would be okay.

I favour 3-5-2 if played well.

I think it clear that Real and Juventus both thought they would sweep past Ajax. We won't think that and the stakes are so high.

If Ajax go on to win the competition, I doubt any team, apart from maybe us could have had a harder route from the last 16 stage.
Ajax had to eliminate three opponents (Sturm Graz, Standard Liege and Dynamo Kiev) before even qualifying for this year's champion's league. The campaign started back in July and Tottenham-Ajax will be the 17th CL-game of the season.

Greetings everyone,

First, congratulations on reaching the semi-final of the CL league. I was screaming and cheering when the game against City was over. I can't imagine a better game than Ajax - Spurs. I have waited for so long for this

Today the sale of the home game starts with us. Fortunately I can buy 2 tickets.
Unfortunately my friend cannot be there so I have a ticket left.
The idea that I have is to give that ticket away to a Spurs fan with the intention that he can arrange a ticket for me for the away game.

Is there anyone interested in this? let me know.
I wish you all the best of luck and let's all make it a great party!

All tickets are subject to availability and sold on a first come first served basis. In order to be fair across the board and to give members an equal chance of attending one of our home games we have adopted this approach. All One Hotspur members will continue to earn ticketing points for games attended, which will be utilised in the event of ticket availability where the Club is participating in a Cup Semi-Final/Final. We have a loyal and growing fan base and demand for tickets will inevitably far outreach supply.
I thought this was a Cup Semi-Final...?
Shouldn't the points system be utilised for exactly this event?

Of course the world and his wife (and next-door's cat) want to go... but some of us have been waiting a lifetime to attend a European Cup Semi-Final (old school reference, kids) ...yet seemingly have the same chance as someone who rocked up last month with their brand new membership card, half-and-half scarf and a selfie-stick!

Dare I say it (and i'm not necessarily including myself here) but sometimes, just sometimes some fans actually deserve to be in attendance at certain games more than others!

...still, there's always tomorraaaa!

Coming on here saying you have never been to WHL before yet got a ticket for the semi final isn't the greatest of moves.
Everyone else seems to be ok with it. He's clearly a Spurs fan, and he's paid for his membership. With the way the system works, he's entitled to a chance of a ticket, and got lucky. Massively frustrating for those that were unsuccessful, but that's not his fault. I bet he's excited as fuck, and would be hard to keep that quiet

Im sorry if I offended you or somebody else it certainly wasnt what I meant. It isnt because I wouldnt have wanted that i havnt been to a game at the Lane before, but being first a student and then a father of three small children, there have been other things I have had to use my hard earned money on. The cost of one game for me with flights, hotel and tickets is substantial. Then there is the fact that I will have to make the trip alone as none of my mates support Spurs.

Fuck em mate. What a great match to be your first. I've been going since 1983, and the City CL match was the best atmosphere I've experienced ... this should be just as good. Enjoy it.

You dont think Im entitled to support Spurs because I live In another country?

Ive lived trough all the agony from George Graham, and Christian Gross to Andy Booth and Rasiak. Watch every game, and listen to every episode of the fighting cock. I certainly feel like a fan but im sorry I dont live in London.
Raimond, if you get to the ground early come have a pint in the coach and horses ..it will be busy from around 4pm..you'll be welcomed by all..

People seem to be quaking about ajax. Yes, they have had some good results in the champions league. But in both those games they had little pressure (it was all on Juventus/Real) and had a situation where one goal would totally swing the tie in their favour.

I'd remind you that Ajax are currently level on points with PSV. That's the team that finished bottom of our group. That's the team that we took 4 points off (should've been 6 but for bad calls at their place) and basically did nothing but defend for 180 minutes.

I do think ajax have grown as the season has gone on but some perspective. We can definitely beat them. I think it's in our favour that we have the home leg first. Do you seriously believe we will play as bad as Saturday again? I don't think so.

I'm starting the day by a visit to White City, where I will be watching Loose Women! Booked ages ago, never really believing (but always hoping!) that we would be in the semi-final of the Champions League!
Won't have time to go home, so will make my way to the Coach and Horses a bit earlier than usual. I'll be wearing a yellow jacket, so please come and say 'hi'.
Literally nervous and excited in equal measures :)

I feel the same regarding the injuries.

Did we suffer injuries the when we finished 3rd in a two horse race when Leicester won the league?
Fuck off you offensively miserable cunt. Pathetic posts. If you’re not excited and feeling positive about the next few games then you’re not a Spurs fan. Get back to whatever pointless shit you were doing before you thought you’d pretend to impersonate a Tottenham fan.

I am not a troll. There I said it

All your posts will be deleted and you'll be eradicated from existence from the site so go do something better with your life, you're just wasting your time and life is short. Go read a book or something. The last Woolwich troll on here had his web cam hacked and video of him masturbating while sticking his finger in his arse was posted online. He lost his job, his friends and family disowned him and was never heard of again.

If there is a song that goes against everything we feel as tottenham fans its three little birds.... but i cant get the fucker out of my head........

MzPLtdp.png

Dont worry..........

Back
Top Bottom