Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck you all and your 'paper over cracks' and 'we were lucky' and 'we played shit' and 'smash and grab'.

Some of you fuckers had us down for relegation before the season!

All us sensible people - yeah that's right, I'm sensible - know we're not the finished article and know we'll ride our luck at times.

Just fucking enjoy the ride! #COYS
"Hey everyone , I'm great , kneel down and kiss my tuchus"

"And then give me a cookie"

426628096_996922051792752_2826768255944767102_n.jpg

Apologies for in game meltdown, had 4 pints pregame in the stadium which may have had an effect. No way better than to win with a last minute winner however below par we were.

On the way back home now after several celebratory drinks.

Up the spurs!

What a load of old bollocks.

Fuck off, Mick.... As salty as you get when people mention age; you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Suprised at the initial comment; but not your inability to hold your hands up for being unpleasant in such a way.

Polio is in no way funny or to be used to make a point on a football forum

I despair on here sometimes

Course they didn't deserve to win.....all they had to do was stick the ball in our net, it's hardly feckin rocket science.

All this bollocks about us being lucky is just that, complete and utter.....sometimes you ride your luck and it goes with you other times it goes against.

Brighton might feel hard done but fcuk em we've experienced it loadsa times and if they wanted to feel differently they should have done better than scoring just the once with a dubious penalty which have been seen given or not depending on the acuity of the official in charge.

Delighted with the 3 points not so with our overall play, particularly in the first half when we were sloppy and fortunate to be only one goal down at the break.

Tbh I was loading up to give Johnson both barrels prior to his 96th minute contribution as I thought he was piss poor from the moment he came on but what can you say to someone who hits a last gasp winner other than "I love you"? 💋

yO0 mEwlTeRs

bEt y0o WeRe FaHrKiN mEwLtIn

lOlz ThE mEwLtErS

oH mY dAyZ, wOt MeWlTiNz wEnT oN To0dAy

sEwZ mUcH mEwlTiNz

oMg DiDz y0o SeE tHe MeWltInZ oN hEre t0odaY oN dEe FoRuMz

oH hAhAhA

oH mY hAhAhAhAhA

m-E-w-L-t-I-n-ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

mEeEeEeEewWwWwWwWwLtIIiIiIiIiInNnNnNnNnNnNnNZzZzZzZzZzZ

336410ac381fb719c8c9c072845348c8_w200.gif

Not sustainable to play as we have done, recently, to make CL.

Not got that gooner-tier jamminess to get away with it.
Hopefully with everyone available now and we get some of that early season form back we won’t need any jamminess , not at our best today but I see fight and spirit with this group and still all to play for , fingers crossed .

Last edited:
Like fuck was that a pen.........

Wellbeck stands on Mickey's ankle/foot and then falls over!!!

J1O9Ezl.png

(Sorry for low quality image.... I'm rocking a pause button without frame-by-frame on the IPlayer.)

Last edited:
Polio is in no way funny or to be used to make a point on a football forum

I despair on here sometimes

Fair game allegedly as it's apparently a thing of the past and yet:

Is polio completely eradicated from the world?

Vaccines have stopped the spread of wild poliovirus in all but two countries: Afghanistan and Pakistan. However, other countries have experienced outbreaks of poliovirus variants, which can emerge in areas where immunization rates are low.1 Dec 2023

Global Polio Eradication

Even then:

Of the 3 strains of wild poliovirus (type 1, type 2 and type 3), wild poliovirus type 2 was eradicated in 1999 and wild poliovirus type 3 was eradicated in 2020

Type 1 still exists and type 3 was only eradicated three years ago...... So it's not like it's been generations since anyone was last affected.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper wants us all to think it's no different to referencing the black death in a similarly cheap and throw away manner.......

Nah.

Last edited:
Like fuck is was that a pen.........

Wellbeck stands on Mickey's ankle/foot and then falls over!!!

J1O9Ezl.png

(Sorry for low quality image.... I'm rocking a pause button without frame-by-frame on the IPlayer.)
thats what I thought at the game and then watching it on MOTd but they didn't show it back - but welbeck stands in Mickeys foot not the other way round. Is that a penalty?

thats what I thought at the game and then watching it on MOTd but they didn't show it back - but welbeck stands in Mickeys foot not the other way round. Is that a penalty?

Not in the real world.... No.

No re-play and VAR panto during the live coverage either.

MOTD did rewind it; but no close-up or slo-mo which has become standard.....

(I had to zoom in and do that myself)

Last edited:
Not in the real world.... No.

No re-play and VAR panto during the live coverage either.

MOTD did rewind it; but no close-up or slo-mo which had become standard.....

(I had to zoom in and do that myself)
I wonder if Mickey had gone down with a gooner like squeal would either the ref or VAR been forced to change their decision?

Good comeback win against a decent side that beat us 4–2 a couple of months ago. We still gave the ball up cheaply in midfield but overall we looked better, inching back to the form we had starting the season. Johnson and Hojbjerg should only be used as impact subs.

Back
Top Bottom