Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was disappointing to have neither Lamela or Townsend available today. Our wing play really let us down. Lennon and Walker were poor. Eriksen was a bit off the boil and Rose was very average. If we had been able to bring in Townsend or Lamela it could have been a real impactful sub.

Still, I'm stunned Sherwood didn't use any subs. Obviously Dembele and the two I mentioned would have been the ideal guys to bring on but I Siggy and Chadli still could have offered something IMO.

Lack of subs was inexcusable, imv - especially since we HAD TO score in the last 15-off mins and were completely dominating them since the equalise

Oh well, let's hope Timmy learns quickly, not that many games left his season

There's a difference between saying the same shit over and over and criticism. We all know this season's been shit, don't need people telling me how bad it is every 5 mins.
This season's been bad :ade:
Sorry. Couldn't resist

Not our worst result of the season by any means but the lack of subs when our guys were clearly gassed and Hull had us on our back foot made this easily the most frustrating.

Don't read it.
It's difficult when everyone is posting everywhere how terrible x player is, x person is or x game was. Maybe because I'm younger than most of you lot I'm not disillusioned with our club yet but I still believe no matter how bad things get we're still Tottenham and we can still qualify for CL this year. I see some people complaining that Levy has written off our season but why should we have to?

Rant over. I'm off to watch the rugby.

Those stats are meaningless, especially since his actual displaced passes were the most important ones like where he destroyed a few counters or failed to find Ade/Soldado in the final third when they were open. He's more concerned with not making mistakes than doing something particularly outstanding. You can add all the numbers you can find - but I know what a I saw today - and no stat can change that.
Also Capoue had killer stats on both completion, tackles, key passes the lot in his first games.

Today he saw us play like a CCC from the bench.

It's difficult when everyone is posting everywhere how terrible x player is, x person is or x game was. Maybe because I'm younger than most of you lot I'm not disillusioned with our club yet but I still believe no matter how bad things get we're still Tottenham and we can still qualify for CL this year. I see some people complaining that Levy has written off our season but why should we have to?

Our weakest link today...?
Sherwood & Bruce's handshake with 30 seconds to go....

If that's not a pre-arranged result, I dunno what is?

Mourinho did it once when Chelsea were 12-0 up or some shit... but if we had any hope of a late-late-late-last-gasp Arsey/Man Utd'y-style winner... we could forget it after that moment of friendly 'acceptance'...

...at best weird!
...at worst... I don't wanna think about worst!

I'm with you mate, I'm a total realist and slightly optimistic person.

And at the end of the day, as it stands, we are only 2 FUCKING POINTS off Liverpool in 4th.

Again, how good have Liverpool been this season, they smashed us at home and are still only just above us.

Come on, seriously, there is just under half the season to go, we still have an amazing opportunity to get 4th.

I'm with you mate, I'm a total realist and slightly optimistic person.

And at the end of the day, as it stands, we are only 2 FUCKING POINTS off Liverpool in 4th.

Again, how good have Liverpool been this season, they smashed us at home and are still only just above us.

Come on, seriously, there is just under half the season to go, we still have an amazing opportunity to get 4th.

My optimism has been severely damaged by how shit we were against a team that have scored their only goal of 2014 against us. A game we thought would be an easy 3.

It was damaged enough by knowing we've got a spanish Andy Carroll as our only backup to Ade (not counting Harry "Honestly-hes-good-when-noones-watching" Kane) and Tim not signing even a loan striker.

Just did a long "not quite knee jerking but getting increasingly pissed off with the hierarchy at the club" post but thought better of it.

Will simply say I don't want to see post match interviews with our boss saying how a player "looked tired at the end" when he spent 90 minutes sitting on his hands and only making a substitution through duress. Oh and after a disappointing draw I also would prefer to avoid a near 2 minute interview on Sky where our "disappointed" boss cracks shit eating half grins every few seconds while making noises about it not being ideal and how "if we weren't going to win we certainly weren't going to lose."

Yeah my cat got run over :sherwoodlol: Really it was my fault, I mean I keep putting his food bowl out in the middle of the road :sherwoodlol: Should have changed it up and put it in a safer spot really :sherwoodlol: Never mind though at least the dog is still alive :sherwoodlol:

Will we appreciate (an eventual) Europa League next season, as we are fighting for 5th?
Assuming we get one.

At the moment the only thing that seems to be keeping us in the top four race is other sides dropping points as well. The United result today was very helpful to us.

Assuming we get one.

At the moment the only thing that seems to be keeping us in the top four race is other sides dropping points as well. The United result today was very helpful to us.

That's hardly fair to say when we had clawed back into favorable position by getting 22 out of 27 before City.

Soldado was terrible. Lennon was awful. Sherwood was poor. Overall we were lucky not to lose thanks to a moment of brilliance from Pauli.
TenseSnoopyAtlanticblackgoby.gif

My optimism has been severely damaged by how shit we were against a team that have scored their only goal of 2014 against us. A game we thought would be an easy 3.

It was damaged enough by knowing we've got a spanish Andy Carroll as our only backup to Ade (not counting Harry "Honestly-hes-good-when-noones-watching" Kane) and Tim not signing even a loan striker.
Yes I understand that, we have been shite at times this season, as bad as I have seen in a long time as a spurs fan.

But I'm just saying we still have an opportunity to get 4th, it hasn't gone at all. We aren't sitting in 10th or 11th place, 10-12 points off 4th, we are only 2 off.

I'm also not saying we will do it and get 4tb, because, after the way we have been playing, we more than likely won't.
I'm just saying it's definitely NOT an impossible job to get 4th.

Back
Top Bottom