Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully we bury them by half time so a few of them can be rested for more than 10-15 minutes at the end.

Away games in the Europa are often trudging affairs though so I don't expect to see a few of them getting the rest they might perhaps need.

Interesting to notice that some of our wide players are being rested - both FB´s, Aurier and Reguilón ("injured", I know), plus Bergwijn and Sissoko.

Remember our last victory against Woolwich. Jose used a 4-4-2, with Lucas and Sissoko wide - two hard working players, exactly to protect the sides. Sonny was used next to Harry Kane, in a front two.

I think with Bergwijn instead of Lucas (on the left), Jose could do something very similar on Sunday.

Interesting to notice that some of our wide players are being rested - both FB´s, Aurier and Reguilón ("injured", I know), plus Bergwijn and Sissoko.

Remember our last victory against Woolwich. Jose used a 4-4-2, with Lucas and Sissoko wide - two hard working players, exactly to protect the sides. Sonny was used next to Harry Kane, in a front two.

I think with Bergwijn instead of Lucas (on the left), Jose could do something very similar on Sunday.
We were on poor form at the time and had to adjust a bit because of that.
I think it's very likely that if all players are fit, we'll play the same XI as we did against Chelsea (maybe Sanchez instead of Rodon depending on his performance today).

So we need Son Ndombele Hojbjerg off ASAP.

To be fair, Jose really wants to win this competition, and probably sees it as an easier task than winning the league (which it absolutely is, to be fair), so if a win guarantees us qualification, it's no wonder he's going for it.

Maybe he thinks the kids should be playing Woolwich on the weekend so they've at least got half a chance :mourhandlaugh:
Our odds to win the PL and EL are 6/1.

All we need is a draw to advance so playing a strong lineup seems unnecessary ahead of a Woolwich match we really need to win.

We were on poor form at the time and had to adjust a bit because of that.
I think it's very likely that if all players are fit, we'll play the same XI as we did against Chelsea (maybe Sanchez instead of Rodon depending on his performance today).

So we need Son Ndombele Hojbjerg off ASAP.
I´m saying he could do something similar. Not that he will do, or that I feel he should do.

Wonder when we'll wear the green kit, presumably vs Leeds away....

Newcastle? - most likely the yellow.
I would think Watford or Norwich but they are not in Premier League now, so probably Fulham/Leeds or even Stoke.

I wonder if a 4th kit is a real thing.

Back
Top Bottom