Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on.

We won't get near the £42m spent, but we could get £30m minimum considering age and experience of the league.

Rodon, albeit a few mistakes, will be better. He read the game well vs Chelsea, and will take that on board. Him being picked ahead of Sanchez was a massive statement from JM.

A bit like the "Ah, we can easily get 20m for Lucas/Lamela" comments this past summer; It's another one of these scenario's where in theory you might be right at that being a fair pricetag given depreciation based off of what we paid; but in reality how many clubs that can afford 30m for a CB would actually want him?

It's mainly upper tier EPL clubs and the European big knobs that have that kind of budget; yet he's not likely to be getting an 'upward' move.

Last edited:
A bit like the Ah, we can easily get 20m for Lucas/Lamela comments this past summer; It's another one of these scenario's where in theory you might be right at that being a fair pricetag given depreciation based off of what we paid; but in reality how many clubs that can afford 30m for a CB would actually want him?

It's mainly upper tier EPL clubs and the European big knobs that have that kind of budget where's as he's not likely to be getting an 'upward' move.
straight swap with Skriniar

:levyeyes:

I'd be ok with cashing in on Sanchez if I'm honest.

Dier, Alderweireld, Tanganga and Rodon are all good, and if we cash in on Sanchez and bring another experienced head to go alongside them, we'd be in a better position.
Jury is out on Rodon - early days. But I'd like to see Sanchez be sold and either high quality youth developed or and absolute world beater of a centre half bought in January or the summer.

I quite liked the way we pressed the skit out of, what was the name of that team again, last Thursday.

I see the Mourinho pragmatic approach when looking at the two matches Thursday and Sunday. From "press shit out of opponent" to "park the bus and counter" on Sunday.

So for this game I'm hoping for the "PTSO3" approach and that Mourinho keps fine tuning this approach and start using it in the PL against shittier opponents like United, Woolwich, Burnley etc. And I'm fine with the "PTBAC" against other title contenders.

Even last week against Ludogorets, the guy looked dodgy af in certain situations. There’s just no calmness about him, no finesse. It’s all so rash, off the cuff, panicked.
Tanganga looked streets ahead of him last week in terms of ability, if someone who’d never seen us play before was asked who the rookie was in centre defence, I’d bet my bottom dollar most would have said Sanchez.
The guys an absolute car crash and if we get any offer north of 15 mil we should accept.

Sanchez' one attribute is his pace but that doesn't make up for how shit he is on the ball and now that we are no longer high-line merchants we basically have no need for him.

We just need reliable warriors who are good in the air at centre back now.

That being said he is fine to play tomorrow.

I'd like to lineup like this:

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Winks Lo Celso
Dele
Bale Vini Lucas
I don't think we need to go much stronger than that. They played well last week so give them another run.
Don't need to be starting the likes of Kane and Son even if it is an important game.

Hopefully Gio is fit to start as he needs minutes and I want Ndombele fully rested and ready to bend over Woolwich on the weekend.

I'd really rather see Bale start vs Woolwich. He knows that game as well as Kane. It means so much to him, and he'll love it in front of the 2,000 fans.

Bergwijn to start tomorrow, Bale on the weekend.

I'd really rather see Bale start vs Woolwich. He knows that game as well as Kane. It means so much to him, and he'll love it in front of the 2,000 fans.

Bergwijn to start tomorrow, Bale on the weekend.
Interesting shout.

I just don't know if Bale is trusted to do the running in big Premier League games yet.

Bergjwin/Lucas/Lamela all work their socks off and can be trusted to do the defensive work vital in this Mourinho system. I'm not sure if Bale is that player.

Interesting shout.

I just don't know if Bale is trusted to do the running in big Premier League games yet.

Bergjwin/Lucas/Lamela all work their socks off and can be trusted to do the defensive work vital in this Mourinho system. I'm not sure if Bale is that player.

Bale had NEVER been that player though. Mourinho knew exactly what he was getting.

Bale had NEVER been that player though. Mourinho knew exactly what he was getting.

Yep and I think he had a clear view on how to use him:

- High quality cup rotation
- Starts against lower PL teams where we will have the ball

Maybe it's just a fitness thing and he will soon become a starter in the big games where we cede possession but I don't think he's there yet.

Interesting shout.

True, but Bale is probably the ultimate big game player in our squad. He knows what this fixture means. He is more than capable of doing both sides of the job, but we know he will strike fear into their defence.

I can see Bale coming on off the bench against Woolwich. He will start against LASK.

I reckon Lucas starts against Woolwich.

LASK team:
Hart
Doherty Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Winks GLC
Bale Dele Bergwijn
Vinicius

Kane, Vinicius, Reggy and Lamela is out. Great, great. So:

---------------------Hart--------------------
--Doherty--Sanchez--Japhet--Davies
------Dele------Winks------Giovani-----
-----Lucas--------Son--------Bale-------

Subs: Austin, Whiteman, Cirkin, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Hojberg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Bergwijn, White, Clarke.

Probably something like this.

Subs: Austin, Whiteman, Cirkin, Aurier, Toby, Dier, Hojberg, Sissoko, Ndombele, Bergwijn, White, Clarke.

I would probably bring Scarlett as a striker sub.

Pretty much, although I'd swap Son for Bergwijn to save him for the weekend as that team should be more than enough to put away LASK.

Back
Top Bottom