Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Without a proper center forward, i am dreadfully fear we will see a performance on a shade of last season. Maybe make sense to start with two make do CF?
Hart
Doherty Sanchez Tanganga Davies
LoCelso Winks Dele Clarke
Bale Moura

An ultimate test for Dele playing in a much discipline demanding position. LoCelso to be more conservative so Doherty could bomb forward more.

Could we still top our group? Or is that gone now? I thought he have to play Antwerp again, so if we beat them by more than they beat us, wouldn't we go top? And in that case, wouldn't the last game not be irrelevant?

Could we still top our group? Or is that gone now? I thought he have to play Antwerp again, so if we beat them by more than they beat us, wouldn't we go top? And in that case, wouldn't the last game not be irrelevant?
bbc "The Premier League leaders are tied on nine points at the top of Group J but second to Antwerp because of an inferior head-to-head record. They can seal qualification with a draw at LASK."

so the last game is relevant... prefer to top group to face (im thinking) the second place getters?

Our player availability was going so well until now. Both CF's unavailable. However Lask need a win and so we should be able to hit them on the break. We need to finish top of the Group and a draw thursday and Win in the last match will do it.

We just need to beat them and we'd top the group with more points. A draw and they'd top the group based on the head to head results, assumimg both teams win tomorrow.

[FORMATION=4231,Hart,Doherty,Sanchez,Tanganga,Davies,Winks,Lo Celso,Moura,Dele,Bergwijn,Bale][/FORMATION]

Bench: Lloris, Whiteman, Aurier, Cirkin, Dier, Sissoko, Ndombele, Hojbjerg, Clarke, Scarlet, White and Son.

I think Jose specifically mentioned Bale can play as a Centre Forward when he joined us. So I guess that's where he starts tomorrow. The back 5 picks itself. Winks, Moura, Lo Celso and Dele are probably certain to start as well. Bale will get another 60mins and then again start against Woolwich.
:ledleylick:

Sub on the kids if we're comfortable. Sissoko, Ndombele and Son can be the emergency subs if we struggle.

Dane Scarlett has flown with the squad to Austria. I doubt he gets a start, but with no strikers there's a chance he'll play.

It’s unfortunate that we lost to Antwerp because now we need to take these last two games seriously. I’d prefer to avoid some of the other Europa league group toppers and CL drop outs. The goal for Europa is similar to the FA Cup (and every cup competition tbh): avoid the top teams until deep into the completion. Would prefer to keep the second team on point with Europa and FA Cup with the first team focusing on the EPL. We’ve got a real shot of winning the Carling Cup so I would like to take that completion pretty seriously now so that one will be a mixture of both.

Would like to see Dele or Bale operate as a "false 9" of some sort. Drop deep and do the job Kane has done with the wingers pushing on more as a goal threat. LASK were gash at WHL but I have echoes of Antwerp (A) coming into this so we can't take it lightly.

Back
Top Bottom