Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Bale is starting against Goons so...

---------------------Hart--------------------
Doherty---Sanchez--Tanganga----Davies
--------------Winks---Lo'Celso------------
--Lamela----------Dele----------Lucas--
---------------------Vinicius---------------

You don't need to be Mystic Meg to predict most if not all of the starting line-up.
My guess is Jose fields the exact same team as v Ludogorets.
Subs more or less the same. White and Devine are playing a game today so are unlikely to travel.
Hugo for Whiteman and Bergwijn for White.
Possibly Cirkin gets a spot instead of Austin 3rd GK?

HART Joe
DOHERTY Matt
SANCHEZ Davinson
TANGANGA Japhet
DAVIES Ben
WINKS Harry
NDOMBELE Tanguy
ALLI Dele
BALE Gareth
MOURA Lucas
VINICIUS Carlos
Substitutes
LLORIS Hugo
REGUILON Sergio
HOJBJERG Pierre-Emile
SON Heung-min
KANE Harry
DIER Eric
SISSOKO Moussa
BERGWIJN Steven
AURIER Serge
CLARKE Jack
CIRKIN Dennis
SCARLETT Dane

I think Jose needs to buy a new eraser then, because his name was visible on Thursday in the starting line-up and yesterday on the bench. Probably starts onThursday too.

He'll probably start against Stoke and in the FA Cup but he's clearly 4th choice CB now and I imagine we'll listen to offers in January and look at bringing in another CB.

Only question for me is if Stevie has blotted his copy book with his lack of shooting boots yesterday? Door is ajar for the first XI for Lucas or Bale if they can turn it on on Thursday - would also suit Sonny to move back to the L - didn’t work too well out in the R yesterday, IMO.

0-2 with goals from Vinicius and Alli.

Hart

Doherty
Sanchez
Tanganga
Davies

Winks
Lo Celso
Alli

Bale
Vinicius
Bergwijn

Think Moura starts NLD so maybe only gets 30 mins here. Same could be said for Bale to be fair but I think he is guaranteed a start. I would like to see a really offensive Bergwijn display to unchain him after two really good disciplined defensive showings from him.

This is actually a huge game.

Lose this and we're in real danger of being knocked out.

Lask played pretty well at WHL, we'll need to be sharp.

If LASK somehow get a win, we will be in real trouble for our last match against Antwerp - as both Antwerp and LASK will probably beat Ludogorets. We need a point.

That said, I want players like Hojbjerg, Sonny and Kane to stay at home.

Last edited:
If LASK somehow get a win, we will be in real trouble for our last match against Antwerp - as both Antwerp and LASK will probably beat Ludogorets. We need a point.

That said, I want players like Hojbjerg, Sonny and Kane to stay at home.
If we lose, we have to beat Antwerp to advance unless Ludo somehow beats LASK.

I'd be ok with cashing in on Sanchez if I'm honest.

Dier, Alderweireld, Tanganga and Rodon are all good, and if we cash in on Sanchez and bring another experienced head to go alongside them, we'd be in a better position.

I'd be ok with cashing in on Sanchez if I'm honest.

Dier, Alderweireld, Tanganga and Rodon are all good, and if we cash in on Sanchez and bring another experienced head to go alongside them, we'd be in a better position.
When we bought him I was thinking great, he's the fast one in a back 3/5 beside Toby and Jan and learning off them. He's been showing Kyle Walker levels of "one brain fart a game" for a long time now. His control is just appalling. Passing out of defence is a complete lottery too.

If he was in the oppo, I'd be targeting him too. Pressurise the rest of the back 4 but give him time and space to take the pass. You'll get it back without any bother most times.

When we bought him I was thinking great, he's the fast one in a back 3/5 beside Toby and Jan and learning off them. He's been showing Kyle Walker levels of "one brain fart a game" for a long time now. His control is just appalling. Passing out of defence is a complete lottery too.

If he was in the oppo, I'd be targeting him too. Pressurise the rest of the back 4 but give him time and space to take the pass. You'll get it back without any bother most times.
Spot on.

We won't get near the £42m spent, but we could get £30m minimum considering age and experience of the league.

Rodon, albeit a few mistakes, will be better. He read the game well vs Chelsea, and will take that on board. Him being picked ahead of Sanchez was a massive statement from JM.

Back
Top Bottom