Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to LASK who have just held the PL leaders, so big respect.
We will beat Antwerp next week.
Onwards
Fair comment and Lask deserved their point

But when you look up at the opposition defence and see Hart, Sanchez and Doherty then you know that you have a decent chance!

Not much of a genius then. As I think the whole forum suspected.
The Spurs defense was atrocious and that’s what matters. Predictions are bound to be inaccurate sometimes though and mine was.

BTW, Tactical Geniu
Lo Colso need to be sold in January. What a terrible terrible midfielder.
Lo Celso keeps disappointing
Not much of a genius then. As I think the whole forum suspected.
To be fair did not expect this line up from tactical genius Mou. Players were all over the place, perhaps just to confuse Arteta.

Lorris would’ve done IMO

3-1 result in that case which most of us predicted
That's the fan perspective though where you only discount events that went in favour of the other side. In reality, LASK could very easily have had another couple too. In terms of open play shot quality, they wrecked Spurs.

I dunno about Arse but I'm shitting myself, it's one thing grinding out the odd ugly one but we are now starting to play poor every week
We played ManC off the park and got a useful point at the Chavs nearly nicking it at the death and we kept two clean sheets so not sure where you’re coming from

Shite tonight though

The Spurs defense was atrocious and that’s what matters. Predictions are bound to be inaccurate sometimes though and mine was.

BTW, Tactical Geniu

Lo Celso keeps disappointing

To be fair did not expect this line up from tactical genius Mou. Players were all over the place, perhaps just to confuse Arteta.
More mind games!!

But if we beat the Scum with another clean sheet I’ll be happy

I know a draw or win made no difference but that's a poor performance from us. Fortunate to be in front but after that we really should have finished it. Definitely at 3-2 just see it out but the same desire wasn't there which adds that bit of doubt that certain players will step up when needed for decisive games

Sorry but disagree.

Doherty was very bad too, but it doesn't directly make Davinson to be non-existent when he's required to do his own job. Davies offered nothing going forward, but was not shaky as all dealing with his own men, picking the right runners to mark. Tanganga was not flawless, but he dealt with any danger coming to his area just fine.

Sanchez, however, was at the midst of LASK attack all game, and he couldn't deal with his. Not just the final goal. Sanchez couldn't read the situation all game. LASK targeted the area Sanchez watched over, either in front, or the channel between him and Doherty. Always one step behind them. The second goal, he was not aware of the movement of the scorer at all. He neither mark, or cutting the passing angle. We can blame Joe Hart for shit goalkeeping, but these kind of chance doesn't occur often at top level since it's basic positioning.
Sorry fella but Tanganga's pass completion was in the 67%, Sanchez's was in 75% - that's not great but in the context of other Spurs defenders he was miles above all of them (Doherty 66%, Davies 59%!). There are reasons for this, we didn't use Joe Hart, (who's pass completion was only 44%!!) we didn't play out from the back(this usually increases defenders pass completion rates) and also there was very little going on in front of the back 4 and the oppo was pressing! With all this going on Sanchez was by far the better ballplayer on the night by comparison.

Sanchez also won all of his 1v1's. Davies didn't win a single tackle all night and was disposed once to Sanchez's 0.

I dunno about Arse but I'm shitting myself, it's one thing grinding out the odd ugly one but we are now starting to play poor every week
Personally, I see an extreme oscillation between very good and very bad (which is still not great because consistency is the key to actually winning a league or whatever). I think that whether Spurs play well or badly is highly dependent on the performances on the day of a handful of key players.

Right, we'll then, guess we'll be fielding our strongest XI against Marine won't we? Because after tonight it's pretty clear we don't have the strength in the squad to rotate, especially when we'll be faced with such tough opposition from... *Googles Marine* non-league division one?! :pochshock:

Seriously though, the fuck was that?

EDIT: I actually take it all back. I'm being a melt and a draw was enough. You can't smash the opposition every game, and LASK played well.

Back
Top Bottom