Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disgusting match. Spurs were on the back foot since the opening whistle. Getting throttled like that has to be poor quality, lack of effort, or poor coaching.

I don't think Punchy had them prepared for this and they shrunk in the moment. Their youth really showed itself.

That was grim. Mate got me seats in the home end and I was forced to stand and politely applaud their goals. I felt like I was giving a standing ovation to someone fucking my missus.
Post of the year!
Having been in that situation a few times over the years (the football one not the sexual one!) I've found people don't generally notice if you don't clap, as long as you stand up. This allows you to retain a semblance of dignity.

candrews candrews remember the name another total cunt who can,t articulate an argument .No let,s hit the button XXXXXXXX.If you have an opinion let,s here it .One part of the post was a general question for the forum .your answer X.Do yourself a favor mate if you can,t articulate anything better than X FUCK OF SONNY .

Not sure where that performance came from. We must be a punter's nightmare.

As has probably already been said, it was like a Spurs performance of old, with the players freezing on the big occasion. All the more surprising considering we haven't really been like that this season. After two big months full of important games it suddenly feels like the season is over from a competitive point of view. With all the derbies strangely gone already, from a personal point of view I only feel excited by the away trips to Southampton and Everton (as I'm not doing Stoke, Burnley or Newcastle) and the home game against City, though when Saturday comes round I'll probably be looking forward to our game as usual.

There's been plenty of positive signs this season and I feel that we will have a good season in 15/16 as long as we don't qualify for the EL.

Song of the day yesterday was "we'll see you back in London". Even though I've been to Man Utd away many times I'm still shocked by the amount of United fans on the trains, far outnumbering yids.

Roll on next season when Poco has the chance to rearrange the status Quo, get rid of the deadwood is paramount, retain the youth that are showing us value.
His methods are proving that getting the right players on side will produce winners on the pitch, but we do need a blend of experience and youth to create match winning performances.
Playing with somebody else's train set has meant certain players are surplus to requirements,but hope poco is given TIME to mould his stamp on our great club COYS

That's as annual a statement as; "What's the new kit gonna look like?"

Terrible performance.

Almost don't dare say it, but once again our AM 3 show way too little urgency, once again Kyle Walker struggles with even basic concepts of defending (starting to miss Corluka) and yet once again Mason and Bentaleb were inarguably overmatched in midfield and had no clue of how to defend the space ahead of the back 4.

Terrible performance.

Almost don't dare say it, but once again our AM 3 show way too little urgency, once again Kyle Walker struggles with even basic concepts of defending (starting to miss Corluka) and yet once again Mason and Bentaleb were inarguably overmatched in midfield and had no clue of how to defend the space ahead of the back 4.

Yet once again, we started with the same team...

We'd have been ripped apart and then the players would have been blasted by him in public for being gutless and lacking bottle.

"Our performance was very poor. We started the game very slow physically and mentally and I don't understand why. From the beginning, it was difficult. The first half was poor and it is difficult to come back from 3-0.

"I am worried about our performance. You can lose here at Manchester United, but our performance was poor.

Ripped apart ✓
Blasted publicly by manager ✓

"Our performance was very poor. We started the game very slow physically and mentally and I don't understand why. From the beginning, it was difficult. The first half was poor and it is difficult to come back from 3-0.

"I am worried about our performance. You can lose here at Manchester United, but our performance was poor.

I was glad when Tim said it and Im glad Poch is saying it.

Not sure why people want our managers to cuddle the players in public. Id be embarrassed if he defended that shitfest, so good on him.

People seem to want to be lied to for some bizarre reason and hear how tired and unlucky we were

The truth is this team is overrated, 3 people have been carrying spurs over the last few months, KANE, ERIKSEN and LLORIS. The others have been passengers, Especially Bentaleb and Mason. I am sick to my stomach how spurs fans put on their spursy coloured glasses, just because their kids and homegrown. They simply aren't ready yet.The positions on the pitch where you need experience players is in central defence and central midfield. I was never a harry fan but he got that component right. You need a consistent establish midfield and central defence. Youth players need be introduced slowly into the team. Let them play cup and eruopa games. Put them alongside an expeirenced player. On the other hand Poch took the extreme approach,banishing Capoue, stambouli and chiriches.
Dier is another poor player. His errors always lead to us conceding,yet he keeps getting selected over chiriches.I thought we had turned a corner here with the 5-3 win over chelsea, but that's the problem 5-3, russian roulette style of play.We need to find a balance between attack and defence. It won't hurt shutting down a game at 1-0 on the 80th minute, we can never seem to do this. The only way we can win is by scoring 2-3 goals.

i am honestly struggling to understand the bizzare logic here. We take a player who barely could get a game at sporting, Another two in midfield who have minimal experience in the premier league and expect them to perform against experienced oppositon week in and week out.

Back
Top Bottom